• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegon

I trained my new Seedot, and then finished exploring Petalburg Woods. I came out onto Route 104, where I received the Wailmer Pail. I traversed the route, and reached Rustboro City. I searched the city, and obtained items, notably the Cut HM. I challenged the Gym, and won only using Seedot, by spamming Bide. After the battle, it evolved, and I received my first badge; the Stone Badge. I exited the Gym, to find a Team Aqua member stealing goods from a Devon worker. I saved at the Pokémon Center.

.:Current Team:.
;255; Vulcan Lv. 14
;274; Coillte Lv. 15

Aegon

I headed out on to Route 116, where I battled trainers and caught Pokémon. I entered Rusturf Tunnel, to find it blocked at the end. There, I confronted the Team Aqua thief, and retrieved the Devon goods. I then returned to Rustboro City, specifically the Devon Corporation, which is where I obtained the PokéNav. I battled May at the exit of the city, and made my way to Route 104, and Mr Briney's home.

I traveled to Dewford on Briney's boat, and then, after battling the trainers on the island, challenged the Gym. I didn't have much difficulty, and soon received the Knuckle Badge and Flash. I headed over to Granite Cave, and captured some new Pokémon. I found Steven near the end of the cave, and gave him the letter from Mr Stone. I decided to head on out to Slateport City, where I saved before continuing.

;256; Vulcan Lv. 19
;274; Coillte Lv. 20

golduck#1

After spending a day and a half on trying to catch Rayquazza I finally did. along the way to catching him I got a Claydol and Bannete. Not really relevant to my team but would be great additions to my leaf green game. I have been trying to catch Snorunt as well but cant seem to get to Ice Cave it sucks. But there is a good thing to come out of that, Vibrava is only 4 levels away from evolving now so looks like Flygon could be joining the team next.

In my next journey I hope to catch a Wailord and do the Regi mystery and maybe perphaps get a Bagon. Also my Flygon will be with me :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I trained my Wobbuffet at Victory Road for a while since I wanted to level it up enough for my roaming Latios hunt. I eventually managed to level Wobbuffet up to level 50, and once that was done and I had restocked with Ultra Balls, I headed out once more. I roamded around random routes in Hoenn until I stumbled upon Latios near Fortree City. I trapped it with Wobbuffet's Shadow Tag ability, but it managed to defeat Wobbuffet after a while. I still managed to toss about 12 Ultra Balls, but it fled. I tracked it down once more, but it managed to defeat Wobbuffet after a while again. I decided to take a break and focus on training my other Pokemon, so I returned to Victory Road and I trained my team there for another hour or so. I healed at the Pokemon Center in Ever Grande City.

Aegon

I explored Slateport City, challenging the Battle Tent and defeating Team Aqua. I delivered the Devon goods to Captain Stern, before heading out onto Route 110. I reached Mauville City, and, after receiving the Mach Bike, challenged the Gym. I won with ease, due to my Combusken's Ember and Double Kick. I decided to go to Verdanturf Town to visit Wally, and finally break the rocks in Rusturf Tunnel. I headed back to Granite Cave, and used my Bike to traverse further inside. I then returned to Mauville, and saved my game.

;256; Vulcan Lv. 28
;274; Coillte Lv. 29

Bbran5

I won 7 straight at the Battle Factory and won 15 Battle Points from the betting guy for doing so.
My Swablu won a Master Rank Coolness Contest.
Also, I am training my Swablu. Now it is at level 34. One more level and it will evolve into Altaria!
My Blissey won a Super Rank Beauty Contest.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
I felt like soft reseting for a shiny starter cause i never did that before, got my ruby and sapphire and began the quest for treecko. In one day only one day i got a SHINY TREECKO!!!!! and the other awesome part its MODEST!. I am currentyl playing through know trying to ev train it its pretty hard to do, I just beat Rustboro city gym

Went threw the first three Gyms Today going after Flannery next I need to get a water type I didn't want to do Magikarp again cause I did him last game any suggestions?

Aegon

Before challenging Wattson's Gym, I decided to visit Verdanturf Town and Wally's family. I then used Rock Smash to complete Rusturf Tunnel. Heading back to Mauville, I challenged the Gym and obtained my third badge.

I travelled north, eventually reaching Fallarbor Town. I explored the town, after adding a new member to my team. I followed the routes south, training as I went. I returned to the cable car, and went to the summit of Mt. Chimney. I defeated Magma there, and soon challenged the fourth Gym in Lavaridge Town. With my fourth badge in tow, and the Go Goggles, I went back to the desert, capturing a new Pokémon for my team.

Petalburg was my next destination, where I easily got the Balance Badge. I decided to explore some of the water routes before heading to Route 119 and the Weather Institute. At the latter, I battled Team Aqua, and received a Castform. I hunted for Feebas in the river on the same route, and found the desired tile after a day of searching. I'm currently trying to capture a Modest one.

;256; Vulcan Lv. 35
;274; Coillte Lv. 34
;227; Silver Lv. 31
;328; Sahara Lv. 32

Lorde

I did a bunch of training at Victory Road, and then I headed off to catch up on other stuff. I had practically ignored some of the berries that I had grown on some of the routes around Hoenn, so I went back to water those. I also stopped by Mauville City and I headed for New Mauville City I hadn't yet captured some of the Pokemon there. I captured a Magnemite and a Voltorb once I got inside, but I managed to find a Magneton, so I stayed there. I wandered around and I located a Thunder Stone. I kept that and I a Magneton that appeared just as I was getting ready to leave. I searched the route a bit more, but Latios didn't appear there. I left for Rustboro City, swapped Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and headed for the Flower Shop to pick up a berry.

DasBoot

After beating the Elite Four, I headed for the Champion. The Champion was surprisingly easy, I mostly revived my Swampert, Earthquaked everything. After I was finished, lots of chatter and such happened (We all know what happens). When I went downstairs, my dad was there, he gave me a ticket to go on the S.S. Tidle. When he was finished, my mom came to me and told me how proud she was, etc. After that she saw the TV was on and I went to check it out when I was done my mom asked me what color the Pokémon was, and I told her "Red" because I have Ruby.

Aegon

After successfully obtaining a Modest Feebas (female, of course), I continued my journey. I reached Fortree City, but could not enter the Gym due to an invisible blockade. I headed down the next route, and met Steven, who gave me the Devon Scope. I returned to the Gym, and won easily, evolving my Combusken and Trapinch because of the battle.

I then continued on Route 120, battling trainers and picking up items. I skimmed through Route 121, as I needed to heal at Lilycove City Pokémon Center. I saved there, ready to travel back to 121 and Mt Pyre.

;257; Vulcan Lv. 36
;274; Coillte Lv. 36
;227; Silver Lv. 36
;329; Sahara Lv. 36
;349; Marina Lv. 30

Well I think I have now finished all the story mode in Sapphire and am now concentrating on completing the National Pokédex. Anybody got any ideas on what else I can do in game other than entering the Contests and taking on the Battle Tower?

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
I broke the 100 hour mark in Emerald, mostly from catching, training and evolving Pokemon. And I'm losing interest pretty fast so I decided to catch the Regis and the Weather Trio before moving on to FR.

After a confusing time at the Sealed Chamber (Wailord and Relicanth were in the wrong order and I forgot to get a Dig Pokemon) and opening all three chambers. I stocked upped on Timer and Nest Balls. Then went straight to Regice, I knocked it out the first 2 times with crits from my Grumpig, then caught it after the 3rd try. I swiftly moved on to Regirock, I again knocked it out on my first few attempts but eventually caught it too. I quickly restocked on Timer balls and moved on to Registeel. It got pretty annoying, but I triumphed in the end. I took a short break by battling two trainers then went straight back into capture mode. For a 3rd time I restocked on Timer Balls, and I flew to the Weather Institute and the Professor told me about a drought on Route 115. I caught Groudon on my first try ;D. Hoping to keep the streak up, I went back over to the Institute to find Kyogres location. As soon as I could I got to its spot in Route 127. Catching it is rather annoying, because it kept knocking itself out with Double-Edge. So far no luck. I'm taking an Oreo break before I retake the challenge.

BIG UPDATE: I did it! I caught Kyogre and Rayquaza. Kyogre was the hardest of the six, it kept using Double-Edge to KO itself over and over again. And I kept KOing Rayquaza with crits the first 5 times. But on the 6th try it hit total BS. I got Ray down to red with Flygon who got taken out by outrage soon after. I then switched to Grumpig, I threw the first Timer Ball, one waggle. Grumpig took an Outrage pretty well, I threw a second Timer Ball and bam, 3 Stars. A Nice way to end my Emerald adventure.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
I recently tried cloning for the very first time on Emerald. I was too scared to try it before, out of fear that I would screw up and lose my Pokemon. I first tried to clone an Espeon and a Latias I didn't care about, and it worked perfectly. Since then, I have cloned many Pokemon, including my team. I've been cloning items a lot, notably berries, TMs, and Rare Candies, which will be very useful when I start breeding Pokemon again.

On Sapphire, I decided to catch Latias. I didn't want to waste time weakening it a lot; I just sent out Wobuffett, had it Mirror Coat Latias once (usually brought it to yellow hp, sometimes red), then threw Ultra Balls like crazy. It took a VERY long time, partly because it took forever to get Latias on the same route as me and partly because I had to heal Wobuffett often because Psychic kept lowering its Special Defense. Latias also struggled itself to death several times. >__> I caught it eventually.

Lorde

I got bored with Sapphire version, so I restarted it. I chose to start as a male character this time around, and I named myself Jones. I started in Littleroot Town and once I got off the moving truck, I went to my new room and I set the time there. I went back downstairs, my mom said something about a television announcement and then I headed outside. I wandered around town and then I went out to the route north of Littleroot Town. I saw Professor Birch getting chased by a wild Poochyena, and I went to pick a Pokemon to battle the Poochyena. I chose Treecko and I battled the wild Pokemon, and I defeated it easily. I went to Professor Birch's lab, I got to keep the Treecko and I obtained the Pokedex. I then headed off to Oldale Town to find May. I saved on the way there.

Aegon

I re-explored Route 119, taking in everything this time. I headed to the Safari Zone, where I obtained some Pikachus and a Light Ball. I bred to obtain a female Pichu with Volt Tackle. I nicknamed it "Chuchu", and added it to my now-complete team. Before going to Mt Pyre, I went to Route 107, 108, the Abandoned Ship and Route 109 to train. I saved back at Lilycove, ready to fight my rival, May.
;257; Vulcan Lv. 36
;274; Coillte Lv. 36
;227; Silver Lv. 36
;329; Sahara Lv. 36
;349; Marina Lv. 31
;172; Chuchu Lv. 8

Lorde

I battled some Pokemon on Route 101 and then I arrived in Oldale Town. I healed at the local Pokemon Center and then I wandered around town. I couldn't go to Route 102 yet, so I went to the PokeMart. I got a free Potion there and then I headed north to find May. I got to the route there and I battled some more Pokemon to train my Treecko a bit more. I headed off to heal once more, and then I returned to Route 103 to battle May. I challenged her and I managed to beat her Torchic without too much difficulty. After that battle, I headed for Littleroot Town. I went to visit Professor Birch at his lab and once I had some Poke Balls, I left to Oldale Town again. I headed for Route 102 and I battled the first trainer there. After that, I captured a wild Zigzagoon and I saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.