• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
Ended up beating Wattson with my Geodude, Rocky (how original name) and I'm starting to like Magnitute alot. It 1hko or 2hko his Pokemon. Took me forever to get him and train him. Thank goodness I had Exp. Share of I never would of gotten him to level 19 where he proceeded to smash them.
Got Rock Smash too.
Beating Wattson gave me courage that I could use Rocky to beat Flannery. (sp?)
My Shroomish is about to evolve. Just 3 more levels. Getting pumped about that.
I might get a fire type, not sure. I don't really like the choices for fire types in Emerald.

My team:
;253; Grovyle female (Miki) Modest nature, lvl 19 holding Miracle Seed
;285; Shroomish male (Melvin) Adamant nature, lvl 20 holding Exp. Share
;276; Taillow male (Tally) Adamant nature, lvl 20
;074; Geodude male (Rocky) Quirky nature, lvl 21
;263; 2 Zigzagoons to pick up items

Post more happenings people! :)

Lucariofan-atic

avant ǝpɹɐƃ painter☆
Recently obtained a shiny Tentacool (again, the 2nd time i get shiny tentacool..Even the most common shinies, i appreciate it), in my pokemon ruby, in the route 117.

And i recently hatched a Feebas (finally i got the female one), and after that, i also hatch ralts egg, and i got a shiny!

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
Got bored with the pack with Grovyle on it so I started playing the pack with Mudkip.

Breloom evolved. Yah! I was gitty like a little schoolgirl when he did. I also caught a Modest Electrike, which I'm thrilled for and a few minutes ago I got a Jolly Skarmory.
I'm hesitant to keep the Skarmory, thinking I should SR for a better nature one, like Impish or Adamant. Hmmm...
Trying to get enough soot to get the flutes so I wont have to buy the needed items from the store.

Leveling everyone up, getting ready for the Magma boss and Flannery. Should be no problem with my Marshtomp.

My team thus far:
Electrike female (Meallan) Modest - lvl 24 holding Exp. Share
Breloom male (Melvin) Adamant - lvl 24 holding Macho Brace
Swellow female (Ying) Lax - lvl 23
Marshtomp female (Molly) Brave - lvl 23
2 Zigzagoons for item pickups.

Last edited:

Koga

I restarted my Emerald about a week ago and just beat Flannery. I'm currently training before challenging Norman. So far my team is:

Cacnea Lv 22
Combusken Lv 34
Grumpig Lv 32
Crobat Lv 36

I also have a Poochyena and a Slakoth as HM slaves.

shiny totodile

totodile learner
i over trained my treeko in ruby to lvl 30 before i got to the first gym. also caught a wurmple named it dusty. it keeps dying on me.

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
Just got done battling Gabby and Ty on route 120 with ease.
I love Mach Punch. It has gotten out of so many tight spots I can't even begin to count. I might keep it as one of my Breloom's main moves. But we will see.
I'm glad I taught my Manectric Thunderbolt. It was a sure of alot better than Spark. It pretty much 1hko's things.
My Skarmory learned Air Cutter. I plan on taking on Winona with it, taking advantage of its defense.

Right now I'm searching for a Linoone for better item pickup and maybe one to add to my main team.
Question also arises when I'm thinking of adding Shuppet to my team. I have never used a Ghost Pokemon in my main team so I thought it would be a great time to use it vs. Fighting types.
A good tactic I used while battling Brawly was using Sableye's Night Shade the entire time, and an Ether. Worked beautifully.
My team thus far:
;227; Skarmory male (Platino) Adamant - lvl 30
;259; Marshtomp female (Molly) Brave - lvl 30 holding Soft Sand
;286; Breloom male (Melvin) Adamant - lvl 30
;310; Manectric female (Meallan) Modest - lvl 31

Hopefully my planned out final team setup will be able to take on the Elite Four.
/crosses fingers

--

Wow... I just realized it was 4:30 am... and a chill ran down my spine due to the coyotes howling outside for a minute, minute half. Eerie yet pure....hmm..

....and I'm also a bit creeped out that my total playing time is 10:00...
I have no life.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I played Sapphire yesterday for the first time in at least six months or so.

I entered my Omastar in a beauty contest since I don't think I ever entered any on this particular file, and plus I hadn't entered a Hoenn contest in a long time. I won the contest, as I got like 12 or 13 hearts one turn in the appeal round for using the Rain Dance/Surf combo and for getting the crowd going.

Then, I caught a Spinda and a Barboach and revived a Lileep to transfer to Platinum. I also found a bunch of eggs in my PC, and hatched three of them. (They were all Omanyte. o_O) I gave all the Pokemon items I needed for Platinum and then traded them over.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I restarted my Ruby, and just for the heck of it decided to use Pokemon not obtainable in Ruby(Or Sapphire for that matter). I traded in two egg from my Fire Red, a Bulbasaur and a Magby. They hatched and won me my first badge. After which, I traded in another egg and an egg I had recieved from someone I know who asked me to use it regardless of what was in it. That sort of had me worried, but the fact that it had the state that bad eggs are known to have(It looks like this egg will take a long time to hatch), I was completely worried about the contents. The egg I traded in from my Fire Red hatched, and I added Kabuto to my team. The three then got me my second badge. A while later, I made it to Mauville(And the egg that remained hadn't even changed states) and got the Mach Bike. About an hour later, the egg finally hatched. As it turns out, the egg was a Raikou(Which made me mad as I am against hacking). Its on my team because I promised to use it, even though if I could I'd change it out in a heartbeat.

Current team:
Ivysaur Lv.24
Magby Lv.24
Kabuto Lv.24
Raikou Lv.13
Two uninteresting Pokemon.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Since Platinum refuses to kick up a Beldum and Spinda, I've decided to plough through my Emerald. Also for the Regis. I'm finally consistently enjoying it, and have just beaten Winona Liza & Tate.

;028; Sandshank lvl.36
;324; Humpback lvl.36
;073; Gruelsome lvl.36
;227; Free Bird lvl.36
;348; Mr. Snips lvl.40
;254; Treehugger lvl.37

Badges: 7

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
After recieving the Lucky Egg from XD, I continued my Emerald Grass monotype. Trained Lileep up to lvl 30 along with the rest of the team, and after it was done, I realised I never attached the Lucky Egg! Cacnea was next, and double checked it had Lucky Egg. Trained him to lvl 30 too, and beat some of the trainers I missed to skipped to get to the desert. Trained some more in the desert, caught some more pokemon to help complete the Emerald PokeDex, currently 63. Trained my team to lvl 33, and went to the Gym. Lileep and Cacnea beat the trainers, and Breloom took care of Norman. Mach Punch KO'd Linoone and Spinda, and 2HKO'd Vigoroth. Slaking was last, suprise KO'd Breloom after Countering Mach Punch. Tried again, this time took down Slaking with Mega Drain and Leech Seed, hitting him with Mach Punch when he slacks off. Currently evolving random pokemon for the Pokedex.

;044; lvl 33 - Razor Leaf/Acid/Sleep Powder/Poisonpowder
;044; lvl 33 - Razor Leaf/Acid/Sleep Powder/Poisonpowder
;271; lvl 33 - Surf/Absorb/Fake Out/Fury Swipes
;331; lvl 33 - Absorb/Faint Attack/Leech Seed/Growth
;286; lvl 34 - Mega Drain/Headbutt/Mach Punch/Leech Seed
;345; lvl 34 - Rock Slide/Acid/Ingrain/Confuse Ray

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Well, after around 6-7 hours of SRing today, I'm now able to continue on in my mono-pokemon challenge! I've been SRing for shiny Kyogre for about 4 days now (with around 1,500 SRs in total), and I just caught this awesome beast. IVs/Nature aren't amazing, but that's one more shiny legend that I've gotten. Now me and my Sceptille shall continue on in our quest for the title of pokemon master!

Sceptile @ Level 51. Leaf Blade, Pursuit, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack.

EDIT: Just beat Wallace. No problems, just OHKOed all of his. Now Sceptille is level 54 :).

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
After I evolved some random pokemon for the Pokedex, I Surf'd around and beat all the trainers, catching more pokemon as I went along. I went to Mauville, did the thing with New Mauville and went east towards Fortree City. Beat all the trainers along the way, caught more pokemon, and beat the Aqua guys out of the Weather Institute. Then I organized my boxes, and beat my Rival with Cradily. Got to Fortree, healed, and did the thing with Steven. Went to the Gym, and beat all the trainers with Gloom and Gloom. Got to Winona, and swept with Cradily and its Rock Slide/Ingrain. On the way to Lilycove, I caught some more Pokemon, evolved some pokemon in the computer, and went to the Safari Zone. In 3 trips I caught all the exclusives to the Safari Zone. Went to Lilycove, healed, and Surf'd south past Mt. Pyre, beating all the trainers. Thinking of teaching Giga Drain to either Cradily or Ludicolo. Flew to Lilycove, and saved.

;045; - lvl 43 - Razor Leaf/Acid/Sleeppowder/Poisonpowder
;182; - lvl 43 - Razor Leaf/Acid/Sleeppowder/Poisonpowder
;272; - lvl 42 - Surf/Ice Beam/Absorb/Fake Out
;286; - lvl 43 - Mega Drain/Sky Uppercut/Headbutt/Leech Seed
;332; - lvl 42 - Needle Arm/Faint Attack/Leech Seed/Growth
;346; - lvl 43 - Rock Slide/Acid/Ingrain/Amnesia

Mrs. Lovett

Rolling writer
In my Emerald, I haven't been having too much luck in the Elite Four. Wallace's Wishcash keeps killing off all my Pokemon, and eventually I got so frustrated with it that I just decided to save after losing so I could train my Pokemon some more. Wallace took almost all my money, so I can't buy anymore Full Restores or Hyper Potions. My goal is for all my Pokemon to be at least at level 55, so I will be able to win using a minimum amount of healing items.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Been playing my Emerald Grass monotype on and off mainly looking for a female Tropius. Finnaly found one, Bashful nature. Tossed it and Breloom into the Daycare so I could get Leech Seed (I love it so much). Currently training my Brave Tropius male in Petalburg Woods;

;357; - Brave
-Aerial Ace
-Razor Leaf
-Headbutt (nice suprise from Breloom)
-Leech Seed

Currently on lvl 11. Also Tropius is replacing Bellossom and the rest of my team is still like in the last post.

Bestemnx

SOUL SILVAHHH
I restarted Sapphire after a long period of rest and so far, things are ehhh. I'm currently at a deadlock since my pokemon are way underleveled. I managed to scrape by Tate + Liza thanks to double team spamming and swords dancing. Currently my team looks like this:

;328; (lvl 31) Faint Attack, Bite, Sand Tomb, Sand-Attack
;037; (lvl 30) Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Imprison
;357; (lvl 31) Magical Leaf, Aerial Ace, Body Slam, Whirlwind
;359; (lvl 32) Bite, Razor Wind, Swords Dance, Double Team
;305; (lvl 32) Iron Tail, Metal Claw, Take Down, Iron Defense
;130; (lvl 31) Bite, Dragon Rage, Leer, Surf

Switch outs:
;310; (lvl 33) Spark, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Odor Sleuth
;277; (vl 32) Double Team, Wing Attack, Edeavor, Focus Energy

I'm going back to get my exp. share and fire stone to evolve vulpix after it learns safeguard. I'm then going through an intense training period. Anybody have a good place to train?

I'm also thinking on restarting ruby too, I always use the same pokemon on every game and I want to try something new.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I finally got my Tropius up to lvl 44 after much level grinding. In doing so I also cleared out the Magma Hideout. Now I am currently beating Team Aqua at Lilycove, with everyone at lvl 44. As soon as I win, I'll beat all the swimmers on route to Mossdeep and then Tate&Liza.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Sapphire: I'm battling Phoebe right now. I'm trying to beat the Elite 4 so that I can go to Southern Island. I already have the Eon Ticket on my game. I'll be SRing for a shiny Latios. :) Once I got that target, I would random encounter for a shiny Sableye in the Cave of Origin.

Ruby: If I were playing this, I would be SRing for a shiny Anorith. After that, I'd SR for a shiny Beldum.

Ammako

I restarted Sapphire after a long period of rest and so far, things are ehhh. I'm currently at a deadlock since my pokemon are way underleveled. I managed to scrape by Tate + Liza thanks to double team spamming and swords dancing. Currently my team looks like this:

;328; (lvl 31) Faint Attack, Bite, Sand Tomb, Sand-Attack
;037; (lvl 30) Flamethrower, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, Imprison
;357; (lvl 31) Magical Leaf, Aerial Ace, Body Slam, Whirlwind
;359; (lvl 32) Bite, Razor Wind, Swords Dance, Double Team
;305; (lvl 32) Iron Tail, Metal Claw, Take Down, Iron Defense
;130; (lvl 31) Bite, Dragon Rage, Leer, Surf

Switch outs:
;310; (lvl 33) Spark, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack, Odor Sleuth
;277; (vl 32) Double Team, Wing Attack, Edeavor, Focus Energy

I'm going back to get my exp. share and fire stone to evolve vulpix after it learns safeguard. I'm then going through an intense training period. Anybody have a good place to train?

I'm also thinking on restarting ruby too, I always use the same pokemon on every game and I want to try something new.

How did you manage to get to only Lv. 30 at the 7th badge? 0_o
I always train a full team, and I reach Lv. ~40 at the 7th badge on all my Pokémon.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I beat Tate&Liza today on Emerald, and I have to say it was pretty easy. My combo of Ludicolo's Surf and Cacturne's Faint Attack did the trick. I also cleared Team Magma out of the Space Center, and going to do the submarine thing later.

dhdghfdgh

I finally have a Modest Staryu with 31 SpAtk IVs in Ruby and started EV training. I have 78 other Staryus in my PC, which I'll probably just use to migrate items to Diamond. Now I have to breed Mantines...
How can you tell exactly how much IV a lv 5 pokemon has?

If you got one with 31 after just 78 eggs, you are really lucky. o.0 Took me 50 roselias just to get modest nature. :p Which I am finally done EV training btw. :D Sunny day + solarbeam + synthesis = ownage!

Status
Not open for further replies.