• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slushy456

Well, I finished EV'ing my Starmie and Metagross.

And I must say, it was well worth all that time I spent. I dominated Tucker twice on my first run with those 2 pokemon alone. They complement each other incredibly well. Or maybe I was just lucky. But who knows?

I also crushed Greta just barely with those 2 pokemon because of horrible typing and had to end up with a in-game used Zapdos to beat her last pokemon, Shedinja, because of my lack of having any times.

Then, I also beat Lucy just barely with my Zapdos, and I'm starting to realize that Zapdos are amazing pokemon. I'll need to get one from my Firered later after I get a working link cable -.-'

I'm working on the Battle Pyramid with one stage done.

Besides Battle Frontier news, I'm starting to breed Chansey and it is annoying me because I cannot get a decent one. I know IV's really don't have a major major impact in the Battle Frontier as they do in 4th gen/5th gen competitive battling because of the difficulty to breed them , but I do know it has a huge difference from 31 IVs then 15 IVs or so...

After I perfect my Chansey with the IV's and moves, it's off to the Battle Frontier :)

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I started to get together a Dragon Dance Larvitar for the Battle Pyramid. I got my Gyarados up to Level 50, where it learns DD, but later found Larvitar and Gyara aren't compatible. Turn out I have to put in some effort to breed...

I have to raise a male Horsea to Level 50 when it learns DD. Then I have to breed DD onto a Lapras, and then breed the Lapras with Larvitar. But at that point things should be easy.

Right now, Horsea's at Level 44, so only 6 more to go! Yay Secret Bases!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I obtained the Stone Badge and the TM containing the move Rock Tomb from Roxanne at the Rustboro City Gym after I defeated her. I then left the Gym and I healed my injured Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center. I bought some items at the Poke Mart after that, and then I headed north. I was supposed to help get back the missing Wingull that belonged to Mr. Briney, so I headed over to Route 116. I captured a wild Nincada and a wild Taillow in the tall grass when I arrived, and then I started to battle against the trainers in the area. I reached a house soon after that, and then I found the entrance to Rusturf Tunnel. I found a Team Magma grunt who had Pecko, and I battled against him. I got Pecko back after that battle, and then I captured a wild Whismur before leaving the cave. I headed back to Rustboro City after that.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Now begins the arduous task of Surfing everywhere I've been already.

Did the New Mauville thing for Wattson, then took on the area south of Slateport to Dewford, training my two newest team members, evolving Corphish, hurrah. Trying to amend the dreadful movesets of everyone. Now I'm going to take on the area north of Rustboro. I think that's all that's worth exploring at the moment?

Team:

;294; Puff the Loudred lvl.31
Facade
Rollout
Shock Wave
Overheat

;291; Quito the Ninjask lvl.31
Slash
Dig
Swords Dance
Double Team

;312; Pikablu the Minun lvl.31
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Quick Attack
Encore

;345; Shia the Lileep lvl.30
Sandstorm
Confuse Ray
Secret Power
Bullet Seed

;342; Pinchy the Crawdaunt lvl.30
Secret Power
Knock Off
Surf
Protect

Badges: 5

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I managed to get my Dragon Dance Larvitar today. Adamant nature with goodish IVs. Plus it's a girl, so a bit more variation to my Battle Frontier teams. I nicknamed it "DD-Tar".

My plan is to let the Day-Care couple raise it for me for a while so that when I do EV train it'll be easier to raise it's stats, given it's at a higher level.

My planned moveset for Tyranitar will be:

DD-Tar
252 Atk, 160 Spd, rest in HP
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-filler (may go with Taunt/Toxic/Protect/Substitute). At least I'ma keeping my options open :)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Battled through my way to Fortree. Of course defeating Team Aqua and my rival with relative ease along the way. Got the Devon Scope.

Then went to face Winona...and lost twice :/ Her Altaria seems to have my team covered way too much. So either I need a new team member (I have one in mind) or I need to get TM Ice Beam from the Game Corner and teach it to something.

EDIT: Hmm. Taught Crawdaunt Ice Beam. Destroyed Winona without losing a single Pokemon. One move makes all the difference eh?

EDIT: Caught my sixth team member.

Team:

;294; Puff the Loudred lvl.37
Facade
Rollout
Shock Wave
Overheat

;291; Quito the Ninjask lvl.36
Slash
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance
Double Team

;312; Pikablu the Minun lvl.37
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Quick Attack
Encore

;345; Shia the Lileep lvl.36
Sandstorm
Confuse Ray
Amnesia
Giga Drain

;342; Pinchy the Crawdaunt lvl.36
Secret Power
Knock Off
Surf
Ice Beam

;354; Cilla the Banette lvl.37
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power (Steel)
Will-O-Wisp
Faint Attack

Badges: 6

Last edited:

Lorde

I healed my Pokemon at the Rustboro City Pokemon Center after I defeated the Team Magma grunt inside Rusturf Tunnel. I now had an important letter to deliver to Steven Stone on Dewford Island, so I bought some items at the local Poke Mart and then I set off to Route 104. I headed all the way south until I passed the Petalburg Woods and I arrived at the coast. I talked to Mr. Briney inside his cottage, and he agreed to take me to Dewford Town. We set sail and we arrived in Dewford Town quickly. I visited the Dewford Town Pokemon Center right away and I swapped Pokemon at the PC. I then headed outside and I talked to all the citizens. Once that was done I went north and I battled some of the trainers near the coast. I then entered Granite Cave. I obtained the Flash HM from a man inside, and then I saved the game.

I've accomplished a lot since my last post. In the desert, I caught a Relaxed Baltoy after over an hour of hunting. I gave up on Trapinch and Cacnea. I flew to Fallarbor and immediately capture an Adamant Zangoose, by pure luck. I leveled them up to around 40 and decided to continue on with the storyline. I headed east of Mauville, and the north. I took care of Team Magma at the Weather Institute and easily handled May afterwards. I arrived in Fortree, met up with Steven and received the Devon Scope. I made my way through the gym and destroyed Winona with only my Blaziken.

Following my victory, I headed south towards Lilycove. I captured a Sassy Duskull along the way. I also pulled a Hasty Carvahna out of my Box and leveled them up as well. I chased Team Magma out of the city and then headed to Mossdeep. I handled Tate & Liza with ease, and headed to Sootopolis. I'm currently trying to decide on my final lineup.

I'm considering this:
;257; ;310; ;365; ;306; ;275; ;330;

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I've done lots since I got my DD Larvitar.

I managed to fully EV it in about 5 levels, evolved it into Pupitar at Level 50 and evolved Pupitar into the MOAP at Level 55. I raised it up to Level 65 yesterday (instead of studying lol). 65 it my minimum level of acceptance, if you like, if one of my Pokemon is to be eligible for the Battle Frontier.

I decided on a final moveset and a new nickname:

StarCrushr (10char) the Adamant ;248;
48 HP, 252 Atk, 48 Def, 160 Spd
-Ice Beam
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Other than that, not much else. I did max out my money though :)

Lorde

I ran into a wild Zubat and a wild Abra inside Granite Cave and I captured both of them. I headed deeper into the cave and I also encountered a wild Aron and a wild Makuhita. I captured the latter, and then I battled more wild Pokemon as I made my way around the cave. Thankfully, I taught Flash to my newly-captured Abra so I was able to see where I was going. I eventually found Steven at the end of Granite Cave, and I delivered his dad's letter. He gave me a TM for my troubles and then I headed out again. I healed my Pokemon at the Dewford Town Pokemon Center and then I went to the Dewford Town Gym to challenge Brawly. I battled against the various Gym trainers inside the Gym, and then I had to leave to heal my Pokemon again. I headed out to Granite Cave again to train some more before I challenged Brawly.

Caught a Jolly natured Slakoth and decided to make it a member of the team, it's in-training now and is currently lvl 15.

Defeated Brawly with my Ralts - it soon after evolved into a Kirlia. Heading through Granite Cave to find Steven.

Lorde

I returned to the Dewford Town Gym and I went to Brawly's spot at the end of the Gym. I then challenged him. He sent out her Machop first, but I was ready to counter that with my Taillow. I had it use Wing Attack on Machop, and that was enough to make it faint. Brawly sent out his Makuhita after that, and I used Taillow against it as well. Sadly, it defeated Taillow with Arm Thrust, so I had to stall with Abra. I sent out my Marshtomp after I had Abra use Flash on Makuhita, and I defeated it with Water Gun. I obtained the Knuckle Badge and the TM containing the move Bulk Up from Brawly and then I left the Dewford Town Gym. I healed my Pokemon at the local Pokemon Center, and then I talked to Mr. Briney. He agreed to take me to Slateport City next, and I saved the game once we arrived at the beach area just south of the city.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
Done a wee bit since my last post. I decided on a fast, Special Sweeper for the Battle Pyramid Gold Symbol, Gengar. I think it'll go pretty well with Tyranitar. I decided on this set:

Gengar @Timid Nature
4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch
-Destiny Bond/Hypnosis
-Psychic

I might forgo Hypnosis given Gengar's lacklustre Defences and since its accuracy leave a lot to be desired as well.

vedil

I do liek mudkipz.
I've finally beaten the league champion in my Emerald today. I was beating Emerald for like, 5th time, but defeating the e4 and champion took me exceptionally long this time... (like 3 months? but well, I didn't have a lot of time to train my team) maybe because I finally played with a full team, not the combination of lv70+ Blaziken and Rayquaza, haha.

And I must totally say that Absol with Perish Song really rocks. I've never used this move before nor I seen potential in it, but it is really lovely. That was just too satysifying to watch Wallace's Milotic helplessly struggle around when it's perish count was reaching 0.

Also, I've been hunting for Latias, but still with no luck. Good thing I still have my masterball, so I will catch it the first time it appears.

Spooticus

Started up a new game on my Ruby version recently. Yes, the internal battery has died, but like I REALLY need time based events and stuff...

-ahem-
I started with Torchic, because I wanted to try out Blaziken with my new found power of understanding the game more...
Been spending quite a while on my team, but haven't gotten THAT far into the game yet.

So far, I have Combusken, Ralts (Soon to be Kirlia) Aron, Ninjask, and Shedinja.

So far, they're doin' perty good fer me.

vedil

I do liek mudkipz.
Today at around 2 am I managed to catch Latias! Yay! I love it, and it didn't take me that long to hunt it.

I caught it with a nice trick. I used repel and saved on one of the routes, then I was just riding my bike until repel ran out and soft resetting. When I was doing it for like 10th time, my repel almost ran out and I wanted to SR already, but not even a second later my Latias appeared! :)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Since I lost my sapphire version for ever DX I bought another copy on amazon. I'm going to have the same team as I did before.

Lorde

Once I arrived at the beach south of Slateport City, I started to battle against the Tuber class trainers in the area. Once I had defeated them I entered the beach house there and I battled some more trainers. I won some Soda Pops after those battles, and then I arrived in Slateport City itself. I headed over to the local Pokemon Center and I healed my Pokemon inside. I bought some items at the local Poke Mart afterwards and then I visited the Pokemon Contest hall and the Pokemon Fan Club. I went to the Slateport City Market and then I visited the shipyard. I then headed over to the Oceanic Museum, and I saw that there were many Team Magma grunts waiting outside. I managed to enter eventually, and I made my way to the lower floor. I battled some Team Magma grunts down there and then I saved when Team Magma fled.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
And I just finished the Victory Road. Thanks to my weak ammount of Revives and that Double Battle at the end with teh two Slaking, my Weezing is my only pokemon that's still alive. Thankfully, I'm not playing Nuzlocke.

Anyway, I'm gonna take on the E4. I'll edit this post later with my progress.

EDIT: Crushed Sidney with Blaziken. After two Bulk Ups, I just kept spamming Double Kick.

EDIT2: Phoebe was tougher. She used Curse on my best weaapon(AKA Cacturne) and forced me to switch out AFTER SETTING UP 2 GROWTHS! Still beat her, though.

EDIT3: Beat Glacia. Took out her Sealeos with my Cacturne, her Walrein with Weezing and her Glalies with Blaziken.

EDIT4: Beat Drake. My Flygon took out Shelgon and weakened his own Flygon, but it was still knocked out. Linnone took out the weakened Flygon and his Altaria. Cacturne weakended his Kingdra, but it was still defeated. Blaziken took it down with Double Kick. After that Salamence. My god, this was hard. Weezing poisoned it, but Salamence was still too strong for Weezing to handle. That thing kept knocking out every thing I threw at it. I kept using Revives, and he was still able to land the OHKO, but luckily, it fainted due to poison damage. Thank you Weezing.

I haven't faced Wallace yet, but due to my experiences with him I'm not gonna edit for him this unless you want this to turn into a mini-rant on how I hate that people say he's the easiest champion, yet he's so hard when I face him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.