• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official R/S/E Recent Happenings Thread - Fresh Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I met a man named Scott before leaving Petalburg City, then I arrived at Route 104. I caught a Taillow, fought trainers, and picked Berries near the entrance to the Petalburg Woods. Once inside, I caught a Cascoon and I saw a Team Aqua grunt bothering a Devon employee. I slayed the grunt and fought Bug Catchers as well, then I left the Petalburg Woods and I arrived at the northern part of Route 104. I got the Wailmer Pail at the Flower Shop and I battled a Lass and Twins outside. I soon sashayed into Rustboro City and visited the Pokemon Center there and then I stocked up on Poke Balls and Potions at the Poke Mart. I visited some buildings around Rustboro and got a Premier Ball and saw Scott again.

Aquarelle

Staff member
After I was finished with the Battle Tent, I headed over to Slateport's shipyard. I talked to a guy named Dock, who told me that I needed to find Captain Stern and give the Devon Goods to him. So, I wandered over to the museum and was finally able to go inside. There were many Team Aqua people there and one of them gave me the Thief TM. I looked at some of the exhibits for a bit, then headed upstairs.

On the second floor, I found Stern and talked to him. But then, some troublesome Team Aqua Grunts approached us. I had to fight them and was able to defeat them pretty easily. After the battles, I met Team Aqua's leader, Archie, who told me some things about Team Aqua's plans before leaving. I then handed over the Devon Goods to Stern.

Lorde

I got the Quick Claw at the Trainers' School and then I entered the Rustboro City Gym. Once inside I fought the Gym trainers using Treecko and Lotad mostly, then I battled Gym Leader Roxanne. I used Treecko against her first Geodude and won with Absorb, then I used Lotad's Bullet Seed to thrash Roxanne's second Geodude. Finally, I fought Roxanne's Nosepass. I used Treecko's Absorb attack against it, but Nosepass survived and used Rock Tomb. I healed Treecko and had him use Absorb again and Nosepass lost. Treecko evolved next, then I won the Stone Badge and Rock Tomb TM and dashed outside. I immediately saw a Team Aqua grunt coming out of the Devon Corporation building and I saved my game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Left the museum and saw my stalker Scott as soon as I stepped outside. I registered him in my PokeNav before heading over to the Slateport Pokemon Center to heal. After that, I went up to Route 110 and ran into Prof. Birch again. I registered him in my PokeNav as well and then fought a couple of trainers. Next, I went to the other half of Route 103 for a while and had some battles there, too.

Back on Route 110, I began walking along the path below the Cycling Road. I soon encountered May again and had to battle her. My Natu had no problems taking out her Lombre and Marshtomp. I went over to my Carvanha to deal with Slugma. After defeating May, I continued along my way until I reached Mauville City.

Lorde

I left Rustboro City and arrived at Route 116. I caught a wild Skitty, then I fought trainers. I used Cut and picked Berries, then I entered Rusturf Tunnel. I saw the Team Aqua grunt there and I battled him. I defeated him fast, got the Devon Goods, and saved Peeko too. I returned to Rustboro City and got a Great Ball from a Devon employee, then I spoke to Mr. Stone and got the PokeNav. I had to deliver a Letter to Steven plus the Devon Goods next so I went out, but spotted Brendan. I slayed his Torchic and Lotad, then I ran to Route 104 and visited Mr. Briney's home. We departed for Dewford Town on his boat and upon arrival, I visited the Pokemon Center to heal my team. I headed out to Route 106 next and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Visited several houses and other buildings in Mauville. I obtained the Rock Smash HM in one house and got the Mach Bike from the bike shop. Then, I went over to where the Gym was and saw my friend Wally standing by the entrance. I talked to him and we had a battle. The battle was pretty easy as my Carvanha OHKOed his Ralts with Bite. After that, Wally and his uncle left for Verdanturf Town and Scott popped up again to tell me how awesome I am.

Next, I entered the Mauville Gym and started fighting the trainers inside. I also stepped on some switches to solve a puzzle involving electric fences. Once the puzzle was solved, I went up to Wattson and battled him. My Machop defeated his Voltorb, but took quite a lot of damage. I then switched to Combusken, even though I'm not really using it anymore, to deal with Electrike since it seemed like the best choice and it gave me a turn to heal Machop.

After Electrike fell to a couple of Ember attacks, I switched back to Machop to deal with Magneton and Manectric. Machop had an easier time against those two than expected, especially against Manectric (who just kept using Howl for some reason). Wattson was defeated, my Machop evolved into Machoke, and I received my third badge.

Lorde

I returned to Dewford Town after fighting some trainers at Route 106. I got a few items there including the Old Rod from a Fisherman and a Silk Scarf from some guy in a house, and after fishing and catching a wild Magikarp and Tentacool, I entered the Dewford Town Gym and walked among the darkness and slayed Gym trainers and their Fighting-types. I quickly exited the Gym and healed my Pokemon afterwards, then I dashed back to the Gym. I eventually reached Gym Leader Brawly's spot at the back of the Gym and we battled. I used my Taillow against Brawly's Machop and Meditite and won with Wing Attacks, then my Grovyle defeated Brawly's Makuhita with Absorb attacks. I won the Knuckle Badge and Bulk Up TM.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I was done with Mauville for the moment, so I went to Route 117 next. I picked some berries and battled quite a few trainers, then started heading for Verdanturf Town. Once there, I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and then went to the mart to buy and sell some things. Then, I looked around the town some more. I visited the Battle Tent and spoke to Scott again, though I didn't feel like doing any battles there. After that, I visited Wally at his relatives' house.

Next, I entered the Rusturf Tunnel. Shortly after entering, I got into a trainer battle, which gave my Natu enough experience to evolve into Xatu. After that, I made my way over to some rocks blocking the way to the other side of the tunnel. I used Rock Smash to clear the way and obtained the Strength HM as thanks for doing so.

I recently mixed files on a few of my games to share the Eon ticket amongst my games. Went and caught an eon ticket Latias on my main Emerald, and decided to do some glitch cloning. I have not caught Eon ticket Latias/is on the other games yet, but still....

Decided I should finish my play through of my Japanese Emerald. Just about to talk to Steven and find out about Secret Basis. Only working on my starter, with a lucky egg, and so far nothing stands in my path. The rest of the team are Zigzagoons with Pick Up ability, which makes item hoarding easy. Hoping to complete the game, mix the files, and get a Japanese Eon ticket Lati. That would be pretty neat.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went back to Mauville City, then headed north to Route 111. I walked over to the Winstrate house and defeated all four of the family members in battle. Then, I went into their house and obtained the Macho Brace. I left after that and continued heading up the route. I met Gabby & Ty, battled them, and then gave them an interview for TV.

After that, I soon found the desert, but I couldn't go there due to the raging sandstorm. I continued onto Route 112 instead and soon made it to a mountainous area. I saw the entrance to the Mt. Chimney cable car, but it was being blocked by some Team Magma grunts. So, I entered a nearby cave, bringing me to Fiery Path. I made it through the cave pretty quickly, ending up on the other side of Route 112.

Lorde

So I left the Dewford Town Gym after snatching the Knuckle Badge and I headed back to Route 106. Once inside Granite Cave, I got the Flash HM and I soon reached Steven Stone's cave. I gave him Mr. Stone's Letter and got the Steel Wing TM from Steven. I left Granite Cave after training inside for 30 minutes and catching a wild Makuhita and Geodude, and I visited the Dewford Town Pokemon Center in order to swap Pokemon and then I asked Mr. Briney to take me to Slateport City. We crossed the sea between Dewford Town and Slateport City quickly and we soon landed in Route 109. I battled several trainers in the sandy beach on Route 109 and then I got some Soda Pop at the Seashore House place.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I spent a little bit of time on the other end of Route 112 before reaching the upper half of Route 111. There, I obtained the Secret Power TM from an NPC who told me about Secret Bases. After that, I picked some berries at the top of the route and then continued on to Route 113. I walked into the glass workshop place, where I received a Soot Sack for collecting volcanic ash outside.

Once I was done with Route 113 for the moment, I entered Fallarbor Town. I went into the Pokemon Center first, where I healed my team and met Lanette. Then, I stopped by the mart for a minute and saw Scott again in the Battle Tent. Finally, I visited Prof. Cozmo's house and heard something about him and Team Magma. I then went to Route 114.

SkyMew

I got too tired of restarting for a Shiny Groudon, so I chose to start a new save in Ruby. Gonna have a second Master Ball, in case I'm gonna encounter that Groudon.

I've been trying to restart for a "better" ID number for Shinies, while occassionally soft-resetting for a Shiny Treecko. No luck so far.

I also bought a used Sapphire cart. The earlier player hadn't reset the save, so I chose to put some of the old items and Pokémon of the game into Pokémon Box for GameCube.

So now, I have two games to soft-reset for a Shiny Rayquaza. Also, 4 Master Balls in the future.

At first, the game would crash when pressing Start for the second time, while playing.

I brushed it with a toothbrush, and no more crashing.

The internal battery of the Sapphire cart has also run dry, but I'm gonna get it changed quite soon~

Aquarelle

Staff member
On Route 114, I went inside a fossil maniac's house and obtained the Dig TM there. Then, I went back outside and began heading towards Meteor Falls. Along the way, I visited Lanette's house and got into a few more trainer battles. Eventually, I reached the Meteor Falls cave entrance and went inside.
I walked around the falls for a bit before encountering Prof. Cozmo and some Team Magma grunts who were up to no good. I heard them talking about a Meteorite and doing something at Mt. Chimney, then watched them flee once Archie and Team Aqua showed up. So, it looks like I'll have to head to Mt. Chimney next, too.

Lorde

I left Route 109 and reached Slateport City next. After visiting the PC, I visited the Pokemon Fan Club and got a Soothe Bell, then I got a Powder Jar at Slateport Market. I went to the Oceanic Museum and saw Team Aqua grunts there. I defeated two grunts inside, then Archie showed up. When he left I gave Stern the Devon Goods and I saw Scott outside and I passed the Battle Tent. Next I ran to Route 110 and I caught an Electrike in the grass and I thrashed some trainers. I visited the Trick House and then I sashayed under Seaside Cycling Road's land path as I made my way towards Mauville City. I battled against some more Pokemon, then I saw Brendan and beat his Wingull, Lombre, and Combusken and saved.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Headed back to Route 112. The cable car was no longer blocked so I was able to ride it up the mountain. At the top of Mt. Chimney, I saw a bunch of Team Aqua and Team Magma members fighting each other. I walked past them and soon got into a few battles with some other Magma Grunts. Once I defeated them, I made my way up to Team Magma's leader, Maxie, and battled him too. I sent out my Machoke against his Mightyena and took it down with a few Karate Chops. Then, I switched to Carvanha to take out Zubat and Camerupt.

Once Maxie was defeated, the two evil teams left the mountain. I recovered the stolen meteorite and then headed down to the Jagged Pass. I walked all the way to the bottom and then entered Lavaridge Town shortly after.

Lorde

I got the Itemfinder from Brendan next, then I fought more trainers and arrived in Mauville City. I healed my Pokemon at the PC and I saw Wally and his uncle by the Mauville Gym. I battled and beat Wally's Ralts, got the Rock Smash HM in a home, then I traded Harbor Mail to someone and got the Coin Case. I also visited Rydel's Bike Shop next and he gave me an Arco Bike next. I shopped for items in the Poke Mart as well next and then I dashed back south and rode my bike along Seaside Cycling Road and battled Triathletes and trained my team. Back in Mauville City, I visited the Gym after healing my Pokemon and I started battling against the Gym trainers and their Electric-types inside while also solving the Gym puzzle.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I visited several places in Lavaridge Town, including the hot springs, then went into the Gym. In there, I had to fall down holes and shoot back up using geysers to get around. There were quite a lot of holes & geysers in the Gym, so it took me quite a long time to check them all to make sure I didn’t miss any trainers.

Eventually, I arrived at Flannery’s spot and battled her. I sent out my Xatu and used its Psychic attack to defeat Flannery’s Numel and Slugma. Then, I switched to my Carvanha and easily took down Camerupt with Water Pulse. Torkoal was my final opponent. Carvanha took out a large chunk of its HP, but then was unfortunately OHKOed by Torkoal’s Overheat. So, I sent Xatu out again in order to finish things off. I won the match and received the Heat Badge from Flannery.

Lorde

I arrived at Gym Leader's Wattson's spot and battled him. I beat his Voltorb with Geodude's Magnitude attack, then his Magneton with Makuhita's Arm Thrust. I then defeated Wattson's Electrike with Kirlia's Confusion and finally his Manectric with Makuhita's Vital Throw. I won the Dynamo Badge and the Shock Wave TM and I left the Gym and dashed to Route 117. I fought trainers, left Electrike at the Pokemon Day Care, and I soon reached Verdanturf Town. I healed my team at the PC and then I went to the Battle Tent and got the Attract TM inside, then I visited Wanda's house and entered the Rusturf Tunnel next and helped the guy there by using Rock Smash. When all of that was done, I got the Strength HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.