• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Rotom Forms Discussion ~ Please read the first post ~ - All Formes Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Whats wrong with throwing things at the wall to see what sticks? This thread is merly a brainstorm of everyones ideas and speculation on this subject. Rentaline's theory could be true and you don't know whether he is right or not, you just don't think he is. He's just throwing an idea in there. not everything has to be filled with cold logic, it's fun to speculate.:)

OT: I really doubt that it is a knew pokemon, maybe new forms but I think that they're just some robots that are involved in the storyline somehow. They could be robots that are sent to hunt down Palkia, Dialga, Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf. That's when Giratina gets pi**ed and appears out of the sky with bloodthirst in it's eyes.

They are not robots, they are Pokemon. This was already confirmed and has been stated atleast a total of 5 times counting this post.

They are not robots, they are Pokemon. This was already confirmed and has been stated atleast a total of 5 times counting this post.

oh yeah, sorry I forgot about that.

In that case I think they must be torn world forms of something, probably Rotom, but not all 5.

Last edited:

Phantom Gardevoir

Alphonse's Wifey XD
I honestly think they're TornWorld!forms of Pokemon; I mean, if the Torn World is the opposite of the actual world, wouldn't the Pokemon all look somewhat different?

sanjay120

?(???)?
They might not keep their Ghost type, but their Electric type. It's said that Rotom possesses electrical appliances, and so a toaster might be Electric/Fire, a fridge Electric/Ice, etc. Electric/Ghost is its normal form because it hasn't possessed anything yet. I know it was found in a TV, but then it comes out of the TV to fight you, and theoretically goes back to its normal form before you challenge it.

Or it could be something completely different.

They might not keep their Ghost type, but their Electric type. It's said that Rotom possesses electrical appliances, and so a toaster might be Electric/Fire, a fridge Electric/Ice, etc. Electric/Ghost is its normal form because it hasn't possessed anything yet. I know it was found in a TV, but then it comes out of the TV to fight you, and theoretically goes back to its normal form before you challenge it.

I think that's a really good idea. It explains why everything looks so robotic. I'd love to go on wi-fi and crush people with an evil toaster containing a poltergheist:).

Last edited:

the_w0lf

-/-Dutty Love-/-
This is just random, but the orange one could be a Fog Castform forme, or even just Torn world one. The thing is though, what determines whether or not a pokemon can enter or alternate while entering the World...ugh this is confusing.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Well it seems to me that in the wake of the D/P legendary flood... GF is now flooding us with alternate "forms".... marketing geniuses those *******s are.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
This is just random, but the orange one could be a Fog Castform forme, or even just Torn world one. The thing is though, what determines whether or not a pokemon can enter or alternate while entering the World...ugh this is confusing.
I suggested the a fog form of Castform awhile ago regarding the orange silhouette. but I honestly think that they are all different alternate forms of Rotom.

Alkaide

Scary Faerie♥
As I said, like, many times, I'd love them to be new Pokémon, not alternate forms :/. Why D:? Because I'm tired of seeing alternate forms... ;_; It's getting repetitive. <~ I thought Deoxys was unique s:". Anyway. If they are alternate forms, I think they're Rotom or Baltoy's alternate forms. Pure guess. C:

I actually completely agree. Alternate forms are so annoying, and honestly I don't care for them at all. It was fine for Deoxys since it was the first time they'd done that. But now... it's just weird i m o.

And the first thing I saw [besides one of them looking just like Krabby] was that they all looked like Rotom, so I agree with you there, too.

Vampire Slayer

I, too beleive it might be different forms of Rotom. He is like the most ignored "sorta legendary" pokemon, and they are giving him the spotlightlight. Plus the shadows match Rotom's body shape. I hope the actual pokemon aren't crappy looking like Spiritomb, wormadam, you know. Those quick sketch Pokemon.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
They All Look They Are Some How Gonna Be Related, They All Seem To Have Pointy Things Coming Off Them And They All Seem To Be Floating

Magnezone2022

NOT. AMUSED.
A print advertisement for a new game, and internal decisions regarding which critters will get evolutions? Not even remotely similar.

So you're making the case that we are under no obligation to remember what constitutes a logical decision, particularly when it comes to advertising, and we should just throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks?

Mm, no, I'm not following. Someone put forward their theory. I responded with a pair of logical reasons why that theory would be summarily unlikely. Be bothered by it if you must, but I don't recommend it. If at any point I feel the unstoppable urge to theorize about what the silhouettes represent, which I don't do, then feel perfectly free to try and counter it with whatever logical response you might come across.[/QUOTE]
Uh, you do realize that theories are originally thought up by a method of pure guess? Like Cousin Dan said, one man's opinion is just as good as another's. It all comes down to a matter of figuring out how to find out if it's true or not. At this point, it is speculation, and only time will tell. But in some cases, some hypotheses are just plain unlikely. You do have a point, but sometimes, it is pure guess. They won't be evos because of things like WiFi, etc. All involving Diamond/Pearl.

OT:Now that I think about it, those are likely new forms of Rotom except for the brown one, which could be a Sandstorm Castform. The only thing that makes me think it is not is this:

1:If they were going to make a Sandstorm Castform, why didn't they do it in Diamond and Pearl already? And because of compatability problems, it (the brown one) won't be a new Pokemon in the Claydol line. It is summarily unlikely.

2:Why didn't they have more Rotom forms from the start? Also, Rotom backwards = motor, so if it possesses an appliance, it would have to keep its ghost half, 'cause let's face it, it possessed the appliance. But the appliance would have its own property, which causes a problem. Since its name is backwards spelled motor, where the heck is its electric half gonna go? Which leads to the speculation that they are Torn World forms of other Pokemon. If the torn world is pretty much a reverse world, some Pokemon may look different but not actually have anything to do with its skills (stats and movepool) and typing, just be a different look for the Pokemon. Much like Shellos/Gastrodon.

mystkmastkal

Hmm so now you need special Item's that can't be found In-game.

Interesting...

(off topic yay now I can get a porygon at veilstone and maybe early in game! YAY!)

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
Maybe these 5 silhouettes form one pokemon!?! Maybe they dismember the pokemon to keep us confused. The violet one looks like a head to me.

SSparky

1:If they were going to make a Sandstorm Castform, why didn't they do it in Diamond and Pearl already?

2:Why didn't they have more Rotom forms from the start?

Maybe they didn't think about it until it was too late to put them into D/P? Or perhaps they purposefully waited so they could add them to Platinum? Obviously I can only speculate, but what ever the situation was I don't think it really matters at this point. What's done is done.

^ maybe they made them so people would buy platinum.
if it's Rotom maybe they're different forms from different appliances :p
you can probably send them to DP, it's just probably so that more people would buy platinum. Or Maybe they'll be event pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.