• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Rotom Forms Discussion ~ Please read the first post ~ - All Formes Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I rather like the Sandstorm Castform theory I must point out that there is a very large hole in the Fog Castform theory. It would be totally useless seeing as no moves create Fog thus making it impossible to create in wi-fi/local battles.

But my favourite idea so far is the Rotom appliance theory. Who would'nt love the idea of evil household appliances rampaging on wi-fi:). Say for example that one of the silloeuttes is Rotom in a fridge, the typing could be Ice and Electric, throw in Levitate and at long last we could have an effective Garchomp counter. That alone would be enough reason to host a cocktail party in celebration.

EDIT: I just noticed something to support the rotom appliance theory. the bottom 3 silloeuttes seem to have this small shape on the top of them, which seems to match the shape of Rotom's body (minus the electricity around his body). So maybe team Galactic put Rotom(s) into these machines in order to help with their plans somehow and you end up battling them. I think this might really be it what do the rest of you reckon?

Last edited:

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
i believe that these are alternate forms of rotom.
but thats my opinion.
we will find out next month!

So is everyone with atleast the most basic form of common sense. But, for those of us with NO common sense: Many poogeyman picture look liek roTom adn Catsfmr

Edit: Rankup

I don't think all of them are Rotom forms, just the bottom 3 and the top right one does seem more like Castform than Rotom, But I'm not sure about the last one.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!
I've been hoping for new castform forms, but I think I'd rather just have new pokemon.

The Green one looks a little bit to me like a chatot evolution. I know this will sound stupid and rediculous but I think it slightly resembles a helecopter. The top part as propellers, ect.

Orangy looks like it could be a castform form. Maybe a snow form for the new climate change...but that would kinda confuse the hail form...hmm. Let's hope that it is a new form.

The Blue guy confuses me. The point on it's head kinda says "Rotom" But I have no ideas.

The Red one reminds me a bit of Metang. It obviously floats(no legs), it's two arms are streched toward somthing. Maybe they're going to split up the Beldum evolution like they did with Ralts'

This purple one just totally sreams Rotom. The head point, and the arms. It's gotta be another form. Or maybe an evo....(hope not)

Gonz757

Dojo Master
To me, those look like Rotom forms. Rotom is based after ball lightning, so why wouldn't a Rotom be able to change it's shape?

TheGreatRandoxy

Goldikarp&3reds
the purple one is either another form of rotom OR a weirdly mutated pikachu (the things on the sides look like pikas tails)

the red one is possibly a pre-evo of geodude, igglybuff with bigger arms, or another form of rotom

the blue one is...umm...im not sure, ill go with rotom again.

yellow: baltoy pre-evo,m castform form (trick room or sandstorm) or-yep, you guessed it-rotom form

green:rotom form or something to do with magnemite/ton/zone perhaps...

eraqua

Sawp?
Alternate forms of new pokemon
Purple: Pachirisu cause of the tails.
Red: Drapion cause of the claws
Blue: Bronzor cause of the wall-like image
Yellow: Spiritomb or Vespiqueen just a guess lol
Green: Driftloon cloud below him

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
How is this for an answer. I have a translation from pokebeach.

The last page featuring the silhouettes contains some very interesting hints. The red text says, "Do there exist Pokemon that are making their first appearance in Platinum? We've obtained 5 silhouettes! Where could they possibly be encountered?" As we posted in the "Visual Translation of Pokemon Ad; Item Distribution?" story the other day, perhaps these new Pokemon exclusively exist in the Torn World, and the "tools" distributed between September 28th and November 4th allow you to see them, like a Silph Scope with Ghost Pokemon. "Where could they possibly be encountered?" seems to be pointing in that direction, at least. But who knows for sure? We'll find out September 13th, the game's release date!

So yeah could new pokemon be in platinum? Theyv are asking so answer back XD. Kiddin. But yeah think those are new pokemon

squirrel boy

A.K.A. myrandomness
i agree with Serebii, they might be in the Torn World.
but i bet they are forms of rotom reguardless

Okay, this has nothing to do what the silhouttetes really are but, last night I had a dream about them. In the dream I was playing platinum and I was in the torn world suddenly a wild ;412; appeared then it just transformed into the orange silhouttete. wtf. XD

Murky

Nocturne of Shadow
Turns out these Silhouettes are Rotom.
[IMG200]http://i37.*******.com/iles2e.jpg[/IMG200]
As you can see, they all have the same eyes as Rotom.

Now we just have to figure out why Rotom has these different forms.

Fake?

Or is it an official picture?

EDIT: Top Left one now looks like a side-view of a tractor.. LOL

[img200]http://i37.*******.com/iles2e.jpg[/img200]

The blue one xD

I like the orange one, though.

PeteDHeat

Hmmm new pokemon exclusive to the torn world? They would probably be all ghost. If they are all new pokemon, they oens with pointy heads are in the same evolution line.

Murky

Nocturne of Shadow

Maybe Rotom gained access to out Dimension through the TV and is actually part of an odd PokeRace that dwell in the Torn World?!

OR they are just different form(e)s of Rotom and everyone was correct in thinking it and constantly repeating it.

CMON Game Freak!! WE NEED NEWS!!!

Hmmm new pokemon exclusive to the torn world? They would probably be all ghost. If they are all new pokemon, they oens with pointy heads are in the same evolution line.

Now that I look at them.. That is actually possible. The bottom-right first, then the top-right one and then to finnish with the bottom-left one. Though they are probably just form(e)s.. :(

Last edited:

I think these are fake. There isn't enough detail on the main bodies, it looks like someone changed the silloeuttes black and stuck eyes and mouths on. Besides we wouldn't find out what they were after a few days if they went through the trouble of keeping it a secret.

Murky

Nocturne of Shadow
I think these are fake. There isn't enough detail on the main bodies, it looks like someone changed the silloeuttes black and stuck eyes and mouths on. Besides we wouldn't find out what they were after a few days if they went through the trouble of keeping it a secret.

There were a few posters up and only in one of them were they coloured..

Also, the eyes are just there as hints..

It still could be fake though.

Status
Not open for further replies.