• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~ Official Rotom Forms Discussion ~ Please read the first post ~ - All Formes Reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
Maybe they didn't think about it until it was too late to put them into D/P? Or perhaps they purposefully waited so they could add them to Platinum? Obviously I can only speculate, but what ever the situation was I don't think it really matters at this point. What's done is done.
Because maybe they are somehow connected with the Torn World. And since that is being presented in Platinum, the creators could not add them in to D/P and so had to wait for Platinum.

SSparky

Because maybe they are somehow connected with the Torn World. And since that is being presented in Platinum, the creators could not add them in to D/P and so had to wait for Platinum.

Possibly but not necessarily... We've already seen they're adding a lot to Platinum beyond just Torn World.

Darkraid

The Starter Lover
Well I seriously doubt that these are new pokemon.

What will the sprites play in the game?
I mean, Nintendo seems to be making a big thing out of these sprites,
I mean, they just look like more Metang and Bronzong cousins
if you ask me

My theory is in Platinum there are five little robots that Rotom can go inside and control, each giving him different attacks and abilities. Since Rotom is able to go inside anything electrical and control it, this could be possible.

My theory:

Green: Castform "indoors" forme (added aerial for getting reception?)
Orange: Castform "Sandstorm" forme (swirly shape like a wind?)
Blue: Rotom "Steel" forme (girder arms?)
Red: Rotom "Fighting" forme (punching glove arms?)
Purple: Rotom "Psychic" forme (wynaut-style ears?)

BarackObama

Yes We Can!
Rotom. Forms. End of. Topic.

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
My theory:

Green: Castform "indoors" forme (added aerial for getting reception?)
Orange: Castform "Sandstorm" forme (swirly shape like a wind?)
Blue: Rotom "Steel" forme (girder arms?)
Red: Rotom "Fighting" forme (punching glove arms?)
Purple: Rotom "Psychic" forme (wynaut-style ears?)

I don't think they'll ever make new Castform formes, even less Sandstorm ones, because they didn't do it in RSE.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
They didn't add Castform Sandstorm Forme (lol, triple rhyme) because its just wind in the desert that happened to catch sand particles. Its not really 'weather' in a scientific sense.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
They didn't add Castform Sandstorm Forme (lol, triple rhyme) because its just wind in the desert that happened to catch sand particles. Its not really 'weather' in a scientific sense.

sandstorms are the result of wind and wind is weather.
-maybe a wind castform
-i think the bleu is a bronzo[r]ng
-the green one's thing on his head looks like the thing on chimeco's head
-and for the type: think about the cold weather in sinnoh.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'

but sandstorms are the result of wind and wind is weather.
-maybe a wind castform
-i think the bleu is a bronzo[r]ng
-the green one's thing on his head looks like the thing on chimeco's head
-and for the type: think about the cold weather in sinnoh.

Poke_Freak

<------ XD001!!! XP
this is all speculation on my part:

i'm guessing that u press A against some daily home electrical device with rotom in ur team (like how deoxys changes form in d/p), then rotom would 'possess' that item and become electric/??? type or ghost/??? type (i think electric makes more sense since after possessing something, it's not really a spirit anymore, it's got a 'body'), tho after the 'possession', rotom would be stuck and you can never change it again, and this one-way change will be the solution to the suddenly increased size and variety to rotom's types and move pool

what do u think? :)

vulpixlover37

Vulpix Queen
Maybe if they are alternate Rotom forms, the Old Chateau will hold all of the places where Rotom can change forms. There's not much else that the Old Chateau does...

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Here's my idea:

Top left: Rotom's new Forme
Bottom left: Regice's new Forme
Middle: Regirock's new Forme
Top right: Registeel's new Forme
Bottom right: Regigigas's new Forme

I could be right could be wrong, but just by the silouets I HATE
how these pokemon look. They keep making them worse and worse.

Maruno

The following is a copy of the post I made in another thread about this picture. I tried to read through the topic before posting this here, but it's too long.

There's a whole number of theories in here. Here are my favourites:
  • Since the three Regi monsters are man-made, perhaps the silhouettes are early versions of them (or discarded forms, such as Electric-type). Alternatively, they're previously unseen Regi monsters.
  • That orange one is either a sandstorm version of Castform, or it's an Electrode evolution (everyone wants one of those, don't they?).
  • That green one could be a Chimecho evolution.
  • They're all Rotom forms. There are a number of electrical objects you can collect as items, and give to Rotom to hold. Rotom then possesses the item, whatever it may be. It might also change its type, although that's not necessary (and if it does, it should drop Ghost because it's no longer incorporeal).
  • They're not pokémon at all. Instead, they're items that are either collectible (and may or may not replace some HM functions) or encounterable somewhere in the game. That green one does look like a Chimecho camera, and the red one is a remote-controlled (hence the spike) Geodude lifting/digging thing.

If they are pokémon, I'm not so fond of them. They mostly look too blocky/mechanical. If these are the introduction to the next generation, I'm surprised they're not a cute little mascot character (like Munchlax/Pachirisu). Unless the 5th generation is one big industrial area (in which case there'll be Porygon and Metagross all over the place).

But given they're shown over a picture of Sinnoh, they may be more likely to feature in Platinum. Perhaps the cooling of the area means HMs just aren't powerful enough (frozen ground is hard to dig through, maybe), so these are item replacements (see my last point above). There would be a problem with transferring the new items to Diamond and Pearl (because the data doesn't exist in those games for these new items), but if they're key items then they can't be given to a pokémon to hold (as I recall) so there's no problem there.

Mew-100

Future Scriptwriter!
Please look and comment

I think that they arnet infact, forms or Pokémon. They could be robots/robot helpers for the new Battle Frontier.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
The one on the bottom right looks like Rotom, or maybe an evolution of Bronzong? ( No, no more Evo's for Bronzor. Bronzong is beast enough. )

We'll just have to wait and see~

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
I think that they arnet infact, forms or Pokémon. They could be robots/robot helpers for the new Battle Frontier.

They are Pokemon, not Robots (6th time). It's obviously an Electrode evolution and 4 other brand new Pokemon exclusive to Platinum. But what the hey, since they obviously aren't new formes, but new Pokemon; let's move this thread and make a Generation 5 section of the forums.

BCVM22

They are Pokemon, not Robots (6th time). It's obviously an Electrode evolution and 4 other brand new Pokemon exclusive to Platinum. But what the hey, since they obviously aren't new formes, but new Pokemon; let's move this thread and make a Generation 5 section of the forums.

They aren't new Pokémon. They can't be new Pokémon. It's so incredibly stupid that people keep saying this.

Status
Not open for further replies.