• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I try to get feebas in all the tiles with a super rod,I even do the pattern it says in the feebas thing in the serebii info things and still no feebas.Am I doing something wrong?
As Nidogod said, try each tile multiple times as other Pokemon can still appear on tiles which Feebas can appear on. Also I recommend using a Good Rod instead - it will still appear, but there are less other Pokemon that could appear instead of it if you found a Feebas tile.
From a few days ago the internal clock in my Emerald game seems to have gone dead. No more plants will grow up, I won't be given any berries by the NPC who give them out, and I cannot bet on any more than one single event in the Battle Frontier. Is this damage permanent? If not, can it be fixed in any way that doesn't involve erasing my entire game?
Unfortunately I think it's permanent, after a bit of small research. It's like the 'berry glitch', which is fixable only that that occured in Ruby and Sapphire, not Emerald, so it can't be that. So the internal battery is eaither dry or dead. Only thing that will fix it is getting the internal battery in the cartridge replaced/fixed... I'm not sure but check Nintendo's website to see if they could fix it, or a hardware store, if you want it fixed.

oddsok

(^^,)
yes its traded why?
If a pokemon with a different OT to yours gains experience the experience gain is 1.5x (not 100% sure on whether it's 1.5)

It should say:
" 'Insert pokemon name here' gained a boosted 'insert exp. points here' "

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
If a pokemon with a different OT to yours gains experience the experience gain is 1.5x (not 100% sure on whether it's 1.5)

It should say:
" 'Insert pokemon name here' gained a boosted 'insert exp. points here' "

It is 1.5x the non-traded Pokémon amount. Also You also get 1.5x battling a trainer than a wild Pokémon. (DP has a other language rule which is 1.7x instead of 1.5x)

Saberu

Do trades for HM slaves count in the monotype challenge? If so... *sigh* no vaporeon for me.

Ammako

Well, this is the wrong topic, but I can answer:

I think you can catch HM slaves as long as you don't battle with them and train them.

Saberu

Oh, sorry, but the challenge itself seems dead.
So does it count in the two trades?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
...yeah, this isn't quite the place for questions for the monotype challenge, more that thread itself would have been I think. The first post there says you can have HM slaves of a differing type as long as you don't use them for battling.

The 'two trade' rule doesn't seem to cover this... well, if you intend to use Vaporeon for battles then it would, otherwise I don't think it should anyway. Although if the latter then I'd question why you'd trade a HM slave over when you have plenty that can do that job in RSE...

Saberu

I needed a bird that could use cut. I traded a tropius from Emerald.
Of course I'd use vaporeon for battling. I'm doing the water challenge.

fabiannedevarona

Fire trainer
Another question for Emerald.

Do you get the three pokemon you used in the battle factory?And if you do,do you get them traded for your pokemon?

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Hey I'm trying to get Registeel but i havent had much lot actually getting to it!

I've started to try and translate the braille which is at the moment and properly wrong:

Those who inhert our well shini in the middle.

For my Regice i followed a video on the youtube and i followed it as i walked around the cave once and for the regirock i used the right right, down down rock smash or strength i'm trying to use fly in the middle but it comes up with 'cant use it here' Im so confused and its my last regi pokemon :(

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
To find Registeel, go to the Ruins on route 120 and enter. Go over to the braille and press A to read it. Go to the middle of the room and use Flash.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Thanks loads ShinyCharyZard Im currently trying to capture it at the moment with loads of ultra balls :D

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The way to unlock Regi Trio is different in R/S & E.
For example, Regice in R/S requires you to stand in front of the braille for 1 minute, while in Emerald, you have to finish a lap around the room.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
OK then another question on Emerald i'm trying to evolve my Golbat into Crobat where is the person who rate the happiness?

I've got a soothe ball attached.

EDIT: DOESN'T MATTER I'VE JUST EVOLVED IT!!

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
i hope this is the right thread for contests but ughh here goes....
when u try to make pokeblocks with people in Emerald, is it better to make them with the NPC's surrounding the mixer, or by yourself?

also is a lvl 21 pokeblock bad/okay/good/great?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
i hope this is the right thread for contests but ughh here goes....
when u try to make pokeblocks with people in Emerald, is it better to make them with the NPC's surrounding the mixer, or by yourself?

also is a lvl 21 pokeblock bad/okay/good/great?
Generally, the more people you mix berries with, the better, so I'd advise to go for ones with more NPCs (Livycove has three other people). Generally, the faster you get it going, and the less misses you have, the better the pokeblock will be. More people mean it will go faster. However, if you can do it with other people as opposed to NPCs, it will be even better (as all can use better berries).

On that subject - the rarer and better the berry (the larger the number if has generall, the better), the better Pokeblocks you will have. The Berry Master's wife gives you a rare berry if you say a certain phrase to her (e.g. 'Great Battle' gets you a Spelon) - they take a while to grow, but give you far better Pokeblocks. 3rd gen berries and how to get them here.

More on Pokeblocks here - scroll down.

Level 21 Pokeblocks are rather... meh, to be honest. The highest one can get is 60 (albeilt with four rare berries and good results), but you can improve. Again, try using the berry mixer in Lilycove and try using rare berries - try ones with 27+ (Cornn and beyond).

All right so as of late I've been trying to acquire the Ruby/Sapphire Berry Glitch fix disc because it contains the Shiny Zigzagoon with the Liechi Berry attached. I've had little luck. Therefore I need help with Mirage Island. Has anyone made it appear and what did you do to make it appear?

I know there's a random number given out every day. Should I get another GBASP and begin starting new games to get as many numbers as I possibly can?

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
http://serebii.net/games/mirage.shtml - more info there.

Basically, the 'random number' will make Mirage Island appear if it matches up to one of you Pokemon's 'numbers' - a hidden value that is set to the Pokemon when you get it, unlike the Mirage Island number which changes everyday. Try changing your party if there's no Mirage Island then, and just hope you get lucky that one day it has a number matching to your Pokemon - no need to start a new game.

Status
Not open for further replies.