• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Shaymin's Land Forme could count as one I guess, and Sandshrew could be one without spikes. Other than that I think the ones you mentioned are the only ones (btw, Cyndaquil and Quilava are echidnas iirc).

OJG

r u not entertained
Just realised that.

Oh well, i'll call Sandslash: Sonic and Quilava: Knuckles.

Are there any fox pokemon (Vulpix?)?

If/when I get a Shaymin, i'll call it Amy or Amy Rose.

I might even get a Crobat called Rouge, find a rabbit pokemon called Cream, get a Feraligatr called Vector, a Charmeleon called Espio, a fire cat (?) called Blaze, a Beedrill called Charmy, frog pokemon (?) called Froggy, another cat (Persian?) called Big, a Shelgon (or another egg pokemon) called Eggman and a Registeel called E-123 Omega (or Omega for short).

Yes, I love Sonic the Hedgehog.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Hey, me too XD

Almost all of the Eeveelutions are fox-like so you could pick one of those, or Vulpix/Ninetales, or even Buizel/Floatzel since it has two tails. For a rabbit you could use Nidoran, Azumarill, Buneary, or Lopunny. Flareon is the only thing resembling a fire cat I could think of x:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Hey, me too XD

Almost all of the Eeveelutions are fox-like so you could pick one of those, or Vulpix/Ninetales, or even Buizel/Floatzel since it has two tails. For a rabbit you could use Nidoran, Azumarill, Buneary, or Lopunny. Flareon is the only thing resembling a fire cat I could think of x:

OJG

r u not entertained
I'll go with Ninetales for the fox, I would go with Buneary but I don't have Pearl atm, I lost it :/ i'll add that on when Platinum comes out. Azumarill will do,and for a fire cat Flareon is ok I guess.

Any frog pokemon? I can't think of any.

OJG

r u not entertained
Good point, actually. Politoed is a toad I think, but Poliwrath is a frog!

So yeah, my squad to pick from will be:

Sonic the Sandslash
Knuckles the Quilava (Typhlosion?)
Tails the Vulpix/Ninetales
Rouge the Crobat
? called Cream (rabbit)
Vecor the Feraligatr
Espio the Charmeleon
Charmy the Beedrill
Froggy the Poliwrath
Big the Persian
Eggman the Shelgon
Omega the Registeel

Sonic ftw.

OJG

r u not entertained
Kecleon is a very good point. They are both very good shouts for chameleon; one has the name but one has the characteristics. I think I might actually go with Kecleon on this.

I would use Buneary but atm I have no access to Pearl, I lost it :/ I wish I did, then I could use Combee as Charmy instead of Beedrill.

GiratinaRay

Shadow Dragon Lord
Can someone please tell me the best way to evolve a Feebas into a Milotic? Like the PokeBlocks and its level to feed it, what nature, and whatever else it needs. I would really appreciate it!!! I always try giving it Indigo Blocks, but it doesnt work. Really, please help me and Thank you so much!!!

Nidogod

The nature needs to be something that doesn't hate dry Pokeblocks. Mild, Modest, Quiet, Rash are the best options as they love dry blocks. You don't want to use the low level berries such as Chesto, Oran, Lum, Bluk, and Weaper. They are the right color, but the level is so low that they won't help. Wiki, Kelpsy, Hondew, Cornn are all better choices. If you can spare a Pomtre berry, it's the best choice. As long as you don't use a bad nature or low level berries, it will evolve.

Nidogod

The nature needs to be something that doesn't hate dry Pokeblocks. Mild, Modest, Quiet, Rash are the best options as they love dry blocks. You don't want to use the low level berries such as Chesto, Oran, Lum, Bluk, and Weaper. They are the right color, but the level is so low that they won't help. Wiki, Kelpsy, Hondew, Cornn are all better choices. If you can spare a Pomtre berry, it's the best choice. As long as you don't use a bad nature or low level berries, it will evolve.

Lugiafan09

Someday I'll Get You
Alright, Instead of posting a new thread I'll just put it down here. I need an elite four killing team, preferably pokemon you can get in Emerald only and don't require trading to evolve. Anything can go as long as it is in the game. I need some ideas for a new team anyway and why not something that burns the elite four? Moveset for the pokemon would be nice too.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Well, just about anything you want can burn through the E4 with ease if you level it high enough. If you want something to specifically kill them though, this may help:
Hariyama can take down Sidney with ease. If it has Brick Break, Focus Punch, or another fighting move, you'll be good.
Mightyena or another Dark type can kill Phoebe's Ghosts. Just be sure it has Crunch, Faint Attack, or another good Dark move.
Hariyama can also take down Glacia easily, but you might want an Electric-type or Fire-type for backup on her Pokemon.
Drake can be taken down with Ice types very easily. If you can get to Regice before the Elite Four, its Ice Beam will dominate Drake. If you can't, try swining by Icefall Cave.
Wallace can be taken out with a Grass and Electric type. Manectric and Sceptile/Ludicolo will get the job done as long as they each have a move of their respective type.

Also, I added a question on the front page about Lati@s's attributes. Please tell me if you know when the attributes are set for R/S (and also if you know the Dogs for Fr/Lg). Thanks!

Nidogod

In RS the attributes are set when you watch the News broadcast after beating the Elite 4. I don't know for sure about the dogs, but I think simply beating the Elite 4 unlocks them. Then again, due the roamer glitch in RSFRLG, the nature won't matter much as all the IVs will most likely be somewhere between 0 and 3. -.-

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I knew that already Nidogod, I suppose I should put that in the first post along with it. Thanks for the RS info!

hidden power

Can someone tell me shortly how you can get hidden power the way you want. In Pokemon XD a trainer with the 3 dogs and birds has some very annoying hp moves. If my pokemon has not the right stats for the right type and power, how should i make it right?

I read the thing from dragonair but i still dont get it

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
to summarize and simplify...

the hidden power type and power(between 30-70) is determined by the individual values of pokemon. the individual values of any pokemon is set and cannot be changed so the type and power of hidden ower is fixed unless you get another pokemon.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Alright so i was breeding a male butterfree with an Illumise to get an illumise with Silver Wind... i get the eggs and im racing around to hatch them when of the five eggs i had THREE hatched into VOLBEATS and TWO hatched into ILLUMISE...... is that normal to hatch VOLBEATS

Nidogod

Yes it is. If you look at those Pokemon you hatched, you'll notice that all the Volbeats are males and all the Illumise are females. They are just like the Tauros/Miltank combo in that one can only be male and one can only be female although they both hatch from the same eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.