• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
so if i breed a volbeat and an Illumise, theres a 50/50 chance of Volbeat or Illumise?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
That's correct, you have a 50/50 chance at either one.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
two more questions........

Does the same 50/50 of volbeat/illumise apply to plulse/minun?

i have a Magneton and i was hoping to breed it to pass down T-Bolt.... genderless pokemon cant pass down moves right?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
No, it doesn't. The only two Pokemon that do this are Illumise and Nidoran F.

They can pass TM moves. The baby Magnemite will have Thunderbolt.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
How come when i breed a Male Minun with Spark and a Female Minun together, the baby Minun only knows Thunder Wave and Growl. Is it because those are level up moves?

Nidogod

Those are the moves they start with. Spark is learned by level up and thus can't be bred onto the baby.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Choice Band is an item that raises your Pokemon's Attack stat x1.5, but it only allows you to use one move until you switch out. You can get one in the Battle Frontier for 64 BP.

Nidogod

In case you're playing RS, the only difference is that you get the choice band randomly as a Battle Tower prize after 7 wins.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
im having a little trouble with the calculator...
im trying to figure out what my Meditite's Hidden Power is
If someone can input his stats and tell me id apprieciate that
(m) Brave
Lvl 21
HP: 49
ATT: 27
DEF: 34
SDEF: 24
SATT: 32
SPD: 29

I dont ev train and it was askin for that is that a problem

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
You can't tell for sure unless it's level 100.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
really? so how do i find out its type now

process of elimanation?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
By its type, all you have to do is fight a Kecleon. But for strength, which is almost more important than type, you have to use the EXACT IV's (which can only be gotten at level 100).

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
does the growth speeds in teh DP pokedex also apply for the 3rd gen games..... i wanted to know how fast an Illumise grows, and it says fluctuating. The thing says1,640,000 points but from level 5 to level 6 it needs 44 points to level up, when a Skarmory (1,250,000) needs like 125 to level 6. I have looked around this site and others but there is nothing on a fluctuating growth rate

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I'd assume they'd be the same since hardly anything changed from RSE to DP and the growth rate seems like one of the fundamental parts of each Pokemon. But I don't know for sure.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
does the growth speeds in teh DP pokedex also apply for the 3rd gen games..... i wanted to know how fast an Illumise grows, and it says fluctuating. The thing says1,640,000 points but from level 5 to level 6 it needs 44 points to level up, when a Skarmory (1,250,000) needs like 125 to level 6. I have looked around this site and others but there is nothing on a fluctuating growth rate
if i am not wrong, pokemon that needs high amount of exp to reach lv 100 tend to level up faster at the lower levels while the reverse holds true for pokemon that requires low amoun of xp to reach level 100. For example, nincada levels slower at low levels(eg. lv 20) as compared to mudkip but at high levels(eg. lv70), nincada levels faster than mudkip.

Lottie

Ff Muffin to you...
Just a quick question really - how can I get the move Sleep Talk onto my Walrein? I cant seem to find any information on Move Tutors on Ruby, and I dont think you can obtain it as a TM. I dont plan to migrate it over to D/P just yet, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Just a quick question really - how can I get the move Sleep Talk onto my Walrein? I cant seem to find any information on Move Tutors on Ruby, and I dont think you can obtain it as a TM. I dont plan to migrate it over to D/P just yet, so any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Sleep Talk is only available through Emerald's Move Tutors.

Remember that you can find the FR/LG/Emerald Move Tutor info on the R/S/E/FR/LG Pokédex pages of the main site, but not on the D/P pages. As far as I can remember, there aren't any Move Tutors in Ruby or Sapphire.

Serebii.Net/Walrein

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
if i train a Larvitar;246; to level 30 and evolve it into Pupitar;247; and train it to level 55, evolve it into Tyranitar;248; go to the move tutor, and i try and teach it EQ, a move Larvitar;246; and Pupitar;247; have missed, will it be able to learn EQ?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Don't use the smileys. It makes it more confusing. No, he will not teach Earthquake. The Tutor only teaches moves that the current stage had the ability to learn by level.

Status
Not open for further replies.