• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii 5th Gen Tier List & Standard Rules Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
If they're going to test it, I wish they'd test it already. Landorus-I is probably the most powerful (and closest to broken) Pokemon in OU right now, more so than former suspects Keldeo and Deoxys-D, and it hasn't got as much as a test yet. I think that thread about it being a potential suspect made it clear that the community was divided on Landorus-I enough to at least warrant a test, so I'm just wondering why the OU council hasn't decided anything yet.

As jabba said, even the council is divided on the topic and thus for whatever reason stalling. The smogon community, and maybe even the serebii community based on john wallrein's possible suspect thread, would love to see it done. If I was in this same position, with knowledge that the Smogon World Cup is up and coming, I'd try to really get the gears moving so that way we wouldn't have to be debating it all through out another smogon team tournament that's of course bound to be full of drama after the Smogon Premier League and whatever the tour was that gr8astard controversially just won. The participants of the cast, in the on screen order for anyone that desides to watch it--pk gaming, reachzero, kokoloko, jabbathegriffin, and host lonelyness--all agreed that no would want to do any gen 5 suspect testing come gen 6 and hate to admit that the time for gen 5 is running out.

Now, the topic was permaweather. This debate is going no where and no one can really agree which ones break the meta and which ones balance the meta as proven by the podcast. To be honest this divide is so great that I think they won't end up doing crap about it. If you wanna talk 6th gen hopes and fears, I hope that the gen 6 meta won't be as crappy as gen 5 has been especially since the release of bw2 yet I fear that it might be. Some may argue that we still haven't had all of the dream world pokemon released yet and we can't really decide on anything until then. I'm gonna say early as I have before on other threads that we will get at least one ban to ubers (shadow tag chandelure), possibly 2 pokes that rises in usage and could get banned from a tier or 2 (serperior and feraligatr, the latter of which most feel will get banned from RU while the former may just rise to OU), and 2 that will get more usage in OU but not rise to OU (zapdos and raikou). Each of these pokemon is in some way benefited from weather but do not really contribute to making one more powerful than another.

Dr.Chaos

stick in the mud
I think the tier list needs updating because Jynx is still listed as BL3, when it's now NU as well as Scoliopede and Primeape...

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Landorus i has been suspected on smogon. Keldeo from what I hear is on the way.

Tier change: Mandibuzz falls from RU to NU. Yeah, that's it. Here's antar's youtube video where he explains tier changes. PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS THE FINAL TIER SHIFT OF THE 5TH GENERATION!!!!

Edit 7/15: Landorus I banned on smogon. Also, RU suspecting hail and UU suspecting froslass...cuz spikes + dbond + taunt...

Yeah, and Keldeo will be next. If you ask me, though, Kyurem-B should be the next one under the microscope. I still don't see any good reason as to why we dropped it from Ubers in the first place, and it's probably the most threatening single Pokemon to stall right now. Not that stall won't have problems even after it's banned, but when you have a Pokemon with insane offensive stats, a shallow but useful movepool, bulk that surpasses many defensive Pokemon (much less offensive ones), reliable recovery...yeah, get rid of it.

Klaus™

Banned
They just got rid of arguably the best stallbreaker though. Kyurem is amazing, yes. However, it doesnt get nearly as much as usage to even be considered. Its like, what, 20th in usage stats iirc? In no way doesnt centralize. They need to take a look at weather. Though i doubt anymore suspects are gonna be suspected after keldeo, aince 6th gen is just around the corner

Usage isn't a prerequisite for banning, though. Landorus was only at #26 last month, and it has been banned. Besides, Landorus-I may be gone, but Kyurem-B is still just as dangerous to stall as it was before, and they've already explained that weather isn't going to be suspected, so that's sadly off the table.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
They just got rid of arguably the best stallbreaker though. Kyurem is amazing, yes. However, it doesnt get nearly as much as usage to even be considered. Its like, what, 20th in usage stats iirc? In no way doesnt centralize. They need to take a look at weather. Though i doubt anymore suspects are gonna be suspected after keldeo, aince 6th gen is just around the corner

Landorus was no where near Kyu-B's level of stall breaking.

Klaus™

Banned
Landorus was no where near Kyu-B's level of stall breaking.

Between u turn and 2hkoing chansey with focus blast(i think. At least with hazards) it was on par or even slightly above kyurem.

As to the usage thing, its not required, but it certainly helps. I see kyu-b maybe once every 20 or so teams. High usage means its centralizing, which is a very big banning factor correct me if not. Combine low usage with the fact the number one pokemon tears it to shreds(scizor) as well as a sr weakness, middling speed, and a plethora of fighting types and steel types, its not broken in the slightest, at least to me. Lando could at least get past its counters in u turn

windsong

WEST SIDE
on the other hand **** cube that thing should never have been let into ou

smh easy af voting reqs ****ing over the meta
.cry

Mr. Timn

with an "n"!
i wouldn't say that voting reqs are super easy cause i always find them hard to get, but that might just be because i'm not a great player. anyways, i hate kyub and wish it had never dropped too, but there's no use crying over spilt milk, as they say. what saddens me is that competitive ou players might be stuck with kyub now since we only have time for one good suspect test before xy comes out, and the council already decided it was going to be keldeo. i guess there's a chance we could have a suspect test even after xy's release, but if i remember right, gen iv stuff got a lot less interest when gen v came out, and i expect that to happen again with gen v and gen vi. so we might not have enough interest to do another good and solid test.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Thank god. Froslass had to go. She is such a b!tch to handle.

Honestly, I don't know why they banned Hail and not just ban Ice Body. The whole problem stems from Walrein being a stalling little prick and other Ice Body users to passively heal each turn to heal off LO damage (Jynx).

Okay, so the votes are in and Keldeo has been voted...drumroll please...OU by a super-majority, 68.8% to be exact. I'll try to add more detail when I get back home in a couple of hours, but I'm actually pretty happy about this. I've been more or less on the fence about this particular ban, but I've definitely been leaning more towards the non-ban side for the past month.

Status
Not open for further replies.