• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii 5th Gen Tier List & Standard Rules Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberheracross

The Ominous Breeze
If I may ask, why does Marowak always end up somewhere in UU? Thick Club is BEAST.

--------------

Edit: Discovered that Marowak was first in UU, then BL, then OU, and now, and it pains me to say, NU. (o3e) Why? And does any other Pokémon bound from one tier to another, never being in the same way twice?

PS Tiers R 4 Queers! Heh heh heh lol.

Its shockingly low speed and its below average defenses make it easy to get picked off by serperior,politoed and cloyster

NAMBIRI

Drizzle/Swift Swim Combo vs All

Blah it is already 11:52pm I will write this tomorrow. I was about to post something, but I got Uni class tomorrow morning. I wi post my argument after. (Just never been a fan of Smogon)

Znyper

Why is the ability "Moody" banned? The only somewhat good Pokemon I see get that ability are Smeargle and Glalie (and Glalie's a stretch). Am I missing something here?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Why is the ability "Moody" banned? The only somewhat good Pokemon I see get that ability are Smeargle and Glalie (and Glalie's a stretch). Am I missing something here?

The double Evasion boost is what makes Moody a really dangerous ability to have. You could have a Bibarel chillin there Protecting, next thing you know it's untouchable.

If you played back when BW were just released in Japan there was a rediculous amount of players abusing Sub+Protect on Octillery and it gave the user a chance to automatically win any battle with a little luck. Octillery was probably the best abuser of the ability, though there were battles were people managed to sweep using Bidoof with this ability. Its pretty much banned for similar reasons as OHKO and Evasion moves; it brings unneccessary game changing luck into the game.

Vulken

The OD of the OG
Forgive me for the noobish question, but why is Blaziken banned? Is it only if it has Speed Boost?

Forgive me for the noobish question, but why is Blaziken banned? Is it only if it has Speed Boost?

Speed Boost is what breaks Blaziken, but since the ability isn't broken in general, Blaziken is banned rather than the ability. Banning an ability on just one pokemon hasn't been done yet and most people seem to be against doing so, therefore Blaziken, whether it has Speed Boost or not, is Uber.

legendarypokemonmaster

OMG That ability is broken and annoying. Imagine Bidoof in Ubers lol.

tombux

Blaziken is in and not Wobbuffet or garchomp?

on a side note is smogon down o something i want to check there ubers

Blaziken is in and not Wobbuffet or garchomp?

on a side note is smogon down o something i want to check there ubers

Blaziken is better than Wobb and Chomp this gen due to Speed Boost. Wobb isn't as broken as it was in the past since Encore was nerfed, plus there are many more powerful things out there which can KO Wobb before it can be too annoying. Chomp just doesn't stand out as much as it did in the past either since everything is so fast and powerful now, though he is still a top threat in OU.

Yea...Smogon has been down for the past 24 hours or more...their Ubers list is the same one as the one in this thread though.

ok i realize this will make me sound like a noob but why is manaphy a uber?

With Drizzle support it can use Rest for full recovery without drawbacks and it is immune to status. Tail Glow also gives a +3 boost to Special Attack now which makes it easy to sweep after one turn of set up. Its Water STAB getting powered up by Rain makes it hit even harder, and only a few things are capable of standing up to it, but that just isn't enough for it to be OU.

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
Quick Question: Is shadow tag chandelure officially OU?

Swagga09

I know it's been discussed dozens of times but..

Garchomp NEEDS to be banned again. He still tears holes into teams. and is hard to counter still. Why is he unbanned?

Everytime I see someone with a Garchomp I just roll my eyes. lol

iBlade

Garchomp NEEDS to be banned again. He still tears holes into teams. and is hard to counter still. Why is he unbanned?

*Races off to catch and train a Garchomp*

Shining Fire

A little rusty
I had Blaziken on my team, before it got banned. It eventually died in every battle. I don't think that it should be banned. Whoever banned it will pay.

I disagree, Garchomp is good but it isn't close to how good it was back when it was destroying 4th gen OU. There are many new fast pokes which can beat it easily, and since he has no way to boost his Speed, it isn't difficult to revenge kill him. He is actually very rarely discussed as being an actual suspect, except for people who played 4th gen and are getting into 5th who are wondering why he was unbanned.

I had Blaziken on my team, before it got banned. It eventually died in every battle. I don't think that it should be banned. Whoever banned it will pay.

This is a simple case of "ur doin it wrong." The tiers don't build themselves on how well you as a battler can use a poke, but how well everyone else can. Since over 70% of voters wanted him gone he was banned. Unless you can single handedly go to Smogon, convince everyone in the next round Blaziken isn't Uber and successfully get him nominated for testing again then he won't be going anywhere.

HaZe In HD

???

But can someone explain why Blaziken is uber now?

Status
Not open for further replies.