• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii 6th Gen Singles Tier Lists & Standard Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Glad Mega-Kanghaskan (However you spell it) has been banned, I went up against millions of those things! I thought that Mega-Alakazam would be banned with Mega-Gengar, as they do practically the same thing. Also, I don't think Mega-Lucario will be banned as other Mega-Lucarios and Mega-Gardevoirs can beat them with relative ease :)

KillerDraco

Mega Gengar is banned because of Shadow Tag, which it can abuse Perish Song with.

Perish Song isn't quite the reason for the ban, as it was only a small part of Shadow Tag's effectiveness. The reason Shadow Tag was so ridiculous on Mega Gengar is because of its high speed and special attack, combined with its incredibly vast and unpredictable movepool, meaning that it can basically trap and KO any relevant threat that it wants to, thus eliminating the concept of countering it since by definition countering is being able to switch to a Pokemon that can stop it.

Genesect4Prez

OU All Day
The only Kalos pokemon I see staying in OU for the long run are

Greninja, because STAB on everything off decent offensive stats and 122 speed is really good as a cleaner and general use sweeper. Protean can also let it tank an attack that might have kod it and then can strike back next turn.

Talonflame, priority brave bird is the new standard in powerful priority. Even though mons like Rotom and aggron and eventually heatran can counter him, if they fall for any reason then talonflame can just kamikaze its way through your entire team with CB brave bird.

Aegislash, because of an amazing type and an ability that shifts him between rayquaza and registeel every single turn.

Sylveon, because it's a brand new eeveelution and people will milk it for all it's worth.

Some others.

Goodra I can see dropping to BL.

Kiefki seems to be the whimsicott of gen 6. People will drop it when the novelty ends and when people realizes that parafusion isn't reliable for higher level play.

Trevnant doesn't seem too useful considering it's not too great defenses.

Wait til you encounter Talonflame with Substitute, roost, bulk up, and brave bird and your entire team falls

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Wait til you encounter Talonflame with Substitute, roost, bulk up, and brave bird and your entire team falls

Yeah, as long as your team doesn't have a Heatran.

Or an Aegislash.

Or really any Steel type.

Or a stealth rocker.

Or anything with a sound based move.

Or Thundurus, Jolteon, etc.

Or a phazer.

Or anything that can use Stone Edge and isn't weak to Flying.

Eaglehawk

Banned
NEWS from Smogon:

Smogon started Suspect Round 1, and Genesect, Deoxys-S, and Lucarionite are on the table for Suspects.

Eaglehawk

Banned
AHOY AHOY

Landorus, Terrakion, and Jirachi are now UU!

Sadly, Bisharp is now OU.

KillerDraco

Landorus and Terrakion come as a surprise to me; we'll see if they stay there or not (although I'm sure Terrakion enjoys an Aegislash-free environment). Though Jirachi I understand; the steel nerf hit it hard, now that Ghost and Dark types can prey on it.

Terrakion is UU?

I saw this guy so much last gen, and no one ever uses him any more. I also saw that the most OP Pokémon of last gen is UU, which is Keldeo.

Aside from that, I'm glad that Metagross finally dropped to UU. Ever since gen 5, he has lost his main niche as an anti lead. Agiligross wasn't that great, and the only set for him that I found to work was a bulky Hone Claws set. He finally has a chance to shine without having to worry about all the strong attackers that are in OU.

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
I might actually make an xy uu team later to see how I like the meta. With Lando-I, Terrak, Kyurem, Chansey, Keldeo, and Jirachi all around for the party it could turn out to be pretty interesting.

Aurath8

Terrakion is UU?

I saw this guy so much last gen, and no one ever uses him any more. I also saw that the most OP Pokémon of last gen is UU, which is Keldeo.

Aside from that, I'm glad that Metagross finally dropped to UU. Ever since gen 5, he has lost his main niche as an anti lead. Agiligross wasn't that great, and the only set for him that I found to work was a bulky Hone Claws set. He finally has a chance to shine without having to worry about all the strong attackers that are in OU.

Really? I waited all of Gen 5 for that to drop and when it does it comes alongside stuff like Landorus and Terakion and all the stuff I despised fighting from OU.
Ah well, at least Eviolite Doublade and Slowbro exist.

golfwang

when is ru and nu going to be released?

golfwang

oh ok i thought they had it prepared but i don't know.

The main concern right now is the OU metagame, as thats the most played. Once that stabilizes, Smogon will then start to stabilize UU, then move on to RU and NU in time. I wouldnt expect to see the lower tiers stable for another couple of months.

Really? I waited all of Gen 5 for that to drop and when it does it comes alongside stuff like Landorus and Terakion and all the stuff I despised fighting from OU.
Ah well, at least Eviolite Doublade and Slowbro exist.
Im assuming you meant Metagross?

Anyways, I expect this gens UU to be a slightly toned down gen 5 OU. Sure it wont be as strong as it was last gen, but the power creep left quite a few Pokes in the dust that just cant handle OU anymore without considerable team support.

Last edited:
Just to quote something I posted on Smogon:

I'm not sure exactly what Doublade sets the kids are running these days, but:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 118-140 (36.6 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Doublade Gyro Ball (129 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 330-390 (102.1 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Woah.

A fully physically defensive spread might be a bit much, but a 252 HP / 120 Atk / 136 Def Relaxed spread actually looks pretty good for Eviolite Doublade. It hits a jump point in Def, which also happens to be just enough to guarantee that CB Terrakion's Earthquake will never 2HKO after Stealth Rock. Meanwhile, the Atk investment gives it about as much power as an Adamant Talonflame, which isn't half bad.

I expect that Doublade will see a bit more usage now that Terrakion has dropped to UU. Maybe not a huge increase, but definitely better than the low 2.55% usage it got last month. I'm also pretty relieved that Bisharp is gone, because that thing pretty much ran the tier, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.