• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii 6th Gen Singles Tier Lists & Standard Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
The Tier list and rules that will be used on Serebii Single Battles (to be used on Wi-Fi as well). These rules (based off Smogon's Singles Tier List) are unofficial and user-created and are not used in official The Pokémon Company Internatioal / Nintendo run tournaments

To view the official rules used in The Pokémon Company Internatioal / Nintendo run tournaments, go here (coming soon).

General Rules
Ubers are banned from OU downwards.
All moves that increase Evasion only (e.g. Minimize) are banned.
All instant OHKO moves (e.g. Horn Drill) are banned.
Sleep Clause is enabled (no more than one Pokémon on the opposing team can be put to sleep).
The use of the move Baton Pass is restricted to one Pokemon per team.

Banned Items
Gengarite
Kangaskhanite
Lucarionite
Blazikenite
Mawilite
Salamencite

Banned Abilities
Moody

Banned Moves
Swagger

Ubers
Code:
Aegislash
Arceus
Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-Attack
Deoxys-Defense
Deoxys-Speed
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-Origin
Groudon
Groudon-Primal
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyogre-Primal
Kyurem-White
Lugia
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-Sky
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

OU

Code:
Altaria
Azumarill
Bisharp
Breloom
Chansey
Charizard
Clefable
Conkeldurr
Dragonite
Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Gallade
Garchomp
Gardevoir
Gengar
Gliscor
Gothitelle
Greninja
Gyarados
Heatran
Heracross
Keldeo
Kyurem-Black
Landorus
Landorus-Therian
Latias
Latios
Lopunny
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Mandibuzz
Manectric
Metagross
Mew
Pinsir
Rotom-Wash
Sableye
Salamence
Scizor
Skarmory
Slowbro
Sylveon
Talonflame
Terrakion
Thundurus
Tyranitar
Venusaur
Zapdos

BL

Code:
Crawdaunt
Diggersby
Hawlucha
Klefki
Manaphy
Scolipede
Staraptor
Thundurus-T
Tornadus-T
Weavile
Venomoth
Volcarona
Zygarde

UU

Code:
Absol
Aerodactyl
Aggron
Alakazam
Ampharos
Arcanine
Azelf
Beedrill
Blastoise
Blissey
Celebi
Chandelure
Chesnaught
Cloyster
Crobat
Darmanitan
Diancie
Donphan
Empoleon
Entei
Espeon
Florges
Flygon
Forretress
Galvantula
Goodra
Haxorus
Hippowdon
Honchkrow
Hydreigon
Infernape
Jirachi
Kingdra
Krookodile
Lucario
Machamp
Medicham
Mienshao
Milotic
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Noivern
Porygon-Z
Porygon2
Raikou
Roserade
Rotom-Heat
Sharpedo
Scrafty
Shaymin
Smeargle
Snorlax
Starmie
Suicune
Swampert
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Toxicroak
Trevenant
Umbreon
Vaporeon
Victini

BL2

Code:
Froslass
Kyurem
Shuckle
Tornadus
Yanmega
Zoroark

RU

Code:
Abomasnow
Alomomola
Ambipom
Amoonguss
Aromatisse
Banette
Braviary
Bronzong
Cinccino
Clawitzer
Claydol
Cobalion
Cofagrigus
Cresselia
Delphox
Doublade
Dragalge
Drapion
Druddigon
Dugtrio
Durant
Eelektross
Emboar
Escavalier
Exploud
Fletchinder
Gastrodon
Gligar
Golbat
Heliolisk
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Hitmontop
Houndoom
Jellicent
Jolteon
Magneton
Mawile
Meloetta
Moltres
Omastar
Pangoro
Pidgeot
Quagsire
Registeel
Reuniclus
Rhyperior
Rotom-Mow
Sceptile
Skuntank
Slowking
Slurpuff
Spiritomb
Tangrowth
Tyrantrum
Virizion
Whimsicott

BL3

Code:
Combusken
Sigilyph

NU

Code:
Accelgor
Archeops
Armaldo
Audino
Cacturne
Camerupt
Cradily
Crustle
Cryogonal
Electivire
Exeggutor
Feraligatr
Ferroseed
Garbodor
Glalie
Golurk
Gorebyss
Granbull
Gurdurr
Hariyama
Jynx
Kabutops
Kangaskhan
Klinklang
Lanturn
Liepard
Lilligant
Ludicolo
Magmortar
Malamar
Mantine
Mesprit
Miltank
Mismagius
Muk
Pawniard
Primeape
Probopass
Pyroar
Qwilfish
Regirock
Rhydon
Rotom
Rotom-Fan
Samurott
Sandslash
Sawk
Seismitoad
Steelix
Swellow
Torkoal
Typhlosion
Uxie
Vileplume
Vivillon
Weezing
Xatu
Zangoose

Last edited:

Dubkip

sogengarite is really that op :p

i was wondering how the mega evolutions would affect the tiers

FIRST;253;;253;

FIRST;253;;253;

Go back to the dark, depressing Youtube comments section from whence you came.

So yeah, Gengarite's been banned. Personally, I can't see any other Mega Evolutions being banned, aside from potentially Mega Kangaskhan.

One thing I do notice is the absence of good old Big Bird from the Ubers list. Tornadus-T seems very potent and would make a great addition to standard VoltTurn teams. Thundurus is also OU, and he'll be fun to try out, too. Manaphy will be just as potent as ever, getting to +6 in two turns and getting full, but finite, recovery. Loss of perma-rain hurts all of them and it will be fun to see where they end up.

McDanger

Go back to the dark, depressing Youtube comments section from whence you came.

So yeah, Gengarite's been banned. Personally, I can't see any other Mega Evolutions being banned, aside from potentially Mega Kangaskhan.

One thing I do notice is the absence of good old Big Bird from the Ubers list. Tornadus-T seems very potent and would make a great addition to standard VoltTurn teams. Thundurus is also OU, and he'll be fun to try out, too. Manaphy will be just as potent as ever, getting to +6 in two turns and getting full, but finite, recovery. Loss of perma-rain hurts all of them and it will be fun to see where they end up.

there is no potentially for kanga it will be banned its way to broken probably followed by mega lucario. After that theres a few other things that coulg get bumped like manaphy, genesect, kyurem black, thundurus, landorus, and maybe mega mawile.

As for the tier itself i think we will see more bulky offenisve/balanced teams like dpp and a rise in stall since kyurem black is somewhat more managable thanks to bulky fairies like sylveon and florges.

B.B.King

there is no potentially for kanga it will be banned its way to broken probably followed by mega lucario. After that theres a few other things that coulg get bumped like manaphy, genesect, kyurem black, thundurus, landorus, and maybe mega mawile.

As for the tier itself i think we will see more bulky offenisve/balanced teams like dpp and a rise in stall since kyurem black is somewhat more managable thanks to bulky fairies like sylveon and florges.

Haven't seen much of Kyurem,Thundurus and Mawile while laddering but imo Manaphy and Genesect would deserve the ban once the broken megas go.Not sure about Landorus but as far as I've seen the transaction from 5h to 6th gen didn't bother it much so it might get banned someday.
I see Stall becoming more popular than 4th or 5th gen and that makes me sad :/

LizardonX

Banned
The only Kalos pokemon I see staying in OU for the long run are

Greninja, because STAB on everything off decent offensive stats and 122 speed is really good as a cleaner and general use sweeper. Protean can also let it tank an attack that might have kod it and then can strike back next turn.

Talonflame, priority brave bird is the new standard in powerful priority. Even though mons like Rotom and aggron and eventually heatran can counter him, if they fall for any reason then talonflame can just kamikaze its way through your entire team with CB brave bird.

Aegislash, because of an amazing type and an ability that shifts him between rayquaza and registeel every single turn.

Sylveon, because it's a brand new eeveelution and people will milk it for all it's worth.

Some others.

Goodra I can see dropping to BL.

Kiefki seems to be the whimsicott of gen 6. People will drop it when the novelty ends and when people realizes that parafusion isn't reliable for higher level play.

Trevnant doesn't seem too useful considering it's not too great defenses.

Last edited:

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Should have added this to the first post.

there is no potentially for kanga it will be banned its way to broken probably followed by mega lucario. After that theres a few other things that coulg get bumped like manaphy, genesect, kyurem black, thundurus, landorus, and maybe mega mawile. .

Haven't seen much of Kyurem,Thundurus and Mawile while laddering but imo Manaphy and Genesect would deserve the ban once the broken megas go.Not sure about Landorus but as far as I've seen the transaction from 5h to 6th gen didn't bother it much so it might get banned someday.

Please don't speculate on what you think should be banned until suspect testing begins .

Last edited:
Well, Mega Kangaskhan has officially been banned, to the relief of many players. The official ruling can be found here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/kangaskhanite-is-now-banned-to-ubers.3495351/

There has also been a new decision regarding something called the "Endless Battle Clause:"

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/endless-battle-clause.3495354/

If you remember the "FunBro" set that a few people have been going around using, this is aimed to prevent sets like that from being used. The actual mechanics of the ban prevent Leppa Berry + Recycle + Heal Pulse from being used together on the same set, which stops the main set design that has been causing these infinite battles.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
There has also been a new decision regarding something called the "Endless Battle Clause:"

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/endless-battle-clause.3495354/

If you remember the "FunBro" set that a few people have been going around using, this is aimed to prevent sets like that from being used. The actual mechanics of the ban prevent Leppa Berry + Recycle + Heal Pulse from being used together on the same set, which stops the main set design that has been causing these infinite battles.

Well, no need to go over Mega Kangaskhan, but I'm wondering something about "FunBro" here. Unless I'm mistaken, wouldn't this have been possible in 5th Gen too? If so, I'm surprised we went an entire generation without anyone trying that. Either way, it's good to see that this isn't allowed anymore either.

KillerDraco

Well, no need to go over Mega Kangaskhan, but I'm wondering something about "FunBro" here. Unless I'm mistaken, wouldn't this have been possible in 5th Gen too? If so, I'm surprised we went an entire generation without anyone trying that. Either way, it's good to see that this isn't allowed anymore either.

Probably because it's a new generation, and thus everything is fair game. Everyone's trying everything at the moment, since the tiers aren't really established yet.

...It's still a situational strategy though given slapping Toxic on it is pretty much GG, in addition to being setup fodder. But yeah, I could see it being frustratingly annoying as a last Pokemon thing if the conditions are met. Probably for the best it's gone, given it's nothing more than a time waster. And not in the "stall them to death" sort of way, either; it just eats up time until it turns into a Struggle-fest.

Zachmac

Even if someone else thought of it before, it probably just became infamous now.

Maybe someone tried it, but it didn't manage to spread.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
...It's still a situational strategy though given slapping Toxic on it is pretty much GG, in addition to being setup fodder. But yeah, I could see it being frustratingly annoying as a last Pokemon thing if the conditions are met. Probably for the best it's gone, given it's nothing more than a time waster. And not in the "stall them to death" sort of way, either; it just eats up time until it turns into a Struggle-fest.

Agreed. It's just so uncompetitive, we don't need to have to deal with any of that ever. And of course, the Mega Kangaskhan ban is what's on everyone's mind now.

Even if someone else thought of it before, it probably just became infamous now.

Maybe someone tried it, but it didn't manage to spread.

I suppose there's that. But it's not like it matters at this point now that it's banned.

Puma Italia

It's no surprise that Mega Kangaskhan was banned. I was actually expecting it to be banned before Mega Gengar.

Luckily I never played against a FunBro, such a ridiculous strategy lol.

KillerDraco

It's no surprise that Mega Kangaskhan was banned. I was actually expecting it to be banned before Mega Gengar.

Eh, people were pretty familiar with how ridiculous Shadow Tag is, especially on something with so much power and speed. I'd say it's the fact that people already knew the weight that Shadow Tag carried which led to it being the first to be banned.

...Mind you, that's just a guess, and it's definitely moot point given the order in which they're banned doesn't matter in the slightest.

I remember one time where someone brought up a Jirachi set that was capable of performing the same endless battle scenarios back in BW, but I guess it was just too situational and difficult to pull of at the time for anyone to worry about, mainly because it was dependent on good last-Pokemon scenarios. Slowbro took it to a whole new level due to Block, which ensured that it could trap in the right target and not have to worry about last-Pokemon matchups, although this particular set was possible in BW as well. Regardless, there was a little knowledge of this strategy back in BW, but I guess it wasn't until XY that it got enough attention and concern to warrant a ban.

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
I just have one question (please don't infract me for it) why was moody banned? only smeargle, glalie, octillery, and bibarel have it and they all have BST under 500

McDanger

I just have one question (please don't infract me for it) why was moody banned? only smeargle, glalie, octillery, and bibarel have it and they all have BST under 500

INFRACTED

jk

moody is banned due to its unpredictability making the said pokemon very dangerous and unpredictable

Status
Not open for further replies.