• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii 6th Gen Singles Tier Lists & Standard Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I'll restart the Charizard argument. I use Y, and I love to use Y. Why? Because in doubles, if paired with a good partner, it can easily take a good chunk out of a team. It also really messes with people who think that you are going into X. Now I agree that Charizard X is strong, but Y should not be looked over by any means, it is a force to be reckoned with as well, so in my opinion neither X nor Y should be banned. You are just screwed if you allow X to set up.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
So guys what's your opinion on Aeigslash being banned to Uber?

I assume you mean what's your opinion on it if it gets banned? Since the suspect test doesn't end until Saturday.

So guys what's your opinion on Aeigslash being banned to Uber?

My personal opinion is that it's not broken and should not be banned, because despite it being the best Pokemon in OU it's nowhere near as centralizing as previous bans and is not terribly hard to deal with. I'm not getting suspect reqs but it really doesn't deserve to be banned, and as the suspect ladder has shown us things would get pretty chaotic without it. (not a viable reason for it to not be banned but still notable)

venom1950

Ace Trainer
I assume you mean what's your opinion on it if it gets banned? Since the suspect test doesn't end until Saturday.

*Aeigslash being tested
:)

As Smogon tends to ban some to let others be used more they will ban Aeigslash. My opinion,as a user of Aeigslash, i don't think that Aeigslash is that kind of threat. You basically need to set it at least once to make it viable. At least that's how I do it. But I saw somewhere that OU set for Aeigslash is a lot different than mine.

That's cuz the Crumbler is a hell of a lot better than Stance Dance, which is terrible and should not be used by anyone. Why? Cuz Shadow Sneak still doesn't do that much to neutral opponents.

Anyways, in regards to him being suspected, he shouldn't be banned. He's not OP. Simple as that. He great, but not OP. I haven't seen a single convincing argument from the pro ban side to change my mind. If anything, they just make me want to keep him even more. I can't get reqs unfortunately because of both my work schedule not giving me very many days off, and the fact that when I do play, I get haxed beyond imagination. I just hope that there's enough people that don't want him banned making reqs.

There are a lot of cancerous things in OU, but Aegis isn't one of them. He should stay OU.

Okay, so Combusken is finally being suspected in NU. I'm on my phone right now, so I can't go into a ton of detail, but it's about time this thing got put under the microscope. The ease that it has Quick Passing to offensive threats and facilitating sweeps has always been crazy, but some of the more recent metagame shifts (mainly due to the rise of Magneton and Fletchinder and the drop of Slurpuff and Electivire) have made it even easier for Combusken to find opportunities to come in and set up. Calm Mind Xatu is one of the more terrifying partners that I've seen used by solid NU players and in mediums such as NUPL thanks to Magic Bounce stopping Roar/Whirlwind/Thunder Wave/etc., Calm Mind boosting Xatu's special bulk to complement the Def boosts that Combusken passes to it, Stored Power to hit stupidly hard with a handful of boosts under its belt, and Roost to keep the opponent from easily wearing it down. As much as I love Combusken, it's probably the most ridiculous thing in NU right now in my opinion, and it needs to go.

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
The Serebii competitive forum follows Smogon's tiers since we don't have the player base, enough experience and skilled players, and not any reason to make our own or go with another tiering system. So yes, if Aegislash gets banned in the suspect test, it will be banned in official tournaments, leagues, and any other tournament or league that uses the smogon tiering system.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
What's the result on Aegislash? Voting has ended already has it not?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Regardless of what becomes of Aegislash, someone somewhere won't be happy xD Did anything ever come of Yanma being tested in LC? I remember hearing it a while back.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Did anything ever come of Yanma being tested in LC? I remember hearing it a while back.

Yanma was banned from LC alongside Tangela, I think back in late December/early January. That extremely high Special Attack and Speed (20 speed outspeeds pretty much anything not using Scarf) and acceptable bulk alongside Compoundeyes Hypnosis + U-turn were just too much for the tier.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
In regards to Yanma, there's currently a suspect voting thread for LC where the people who got reqs are getting to vote on what they think should be tested. Many people are asking for a Yanma retest because they think people jumped the gun in banning it. Right now, though, it looks like Misdreavus will be tested, possibly alongside Fletchling.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Thanks, I was curious about that. Though, I wonder why they would test Misdreavus, I know its good but is it THAT good?

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Personally I don't see Aegislash as an issue, as all of its sets can be countered once you determine what your opponent is using it for. Regardless of whether its a physical attacker, special attacker, or defensive wall, there is something to stop it, and it can never be all three (successfully, in any case). Unfortunately the general consensus over at the Smogon forums seems to be leaning in favor of a ban. Here's hoping Aegislash sticks around.

Thanks, I was curious about that. Though, I wonder why they would test Misdreavus, I know its good but is it THAT good?

It's got impressive Sp. Attack and Speed that allows it to become a strong Special Sweeper, and access to Will-o-wisp makes it defensively rather tough as well if it gets a burn. Also Pain Split can be a major game changer. Mean Look and Perish Song can be a nasty combo as well. Idk if I'd ban it, though. Possibly.

Last edited:

saPower1000

FLIP ALL THE TABLES
Is Blaze Blaziken banned from OU?
Relatively speaking, SB Blaziken isn't all that great either, as Zygarde literally walls it out (I've done it 20 or so times on Mega Blaziken), and any +base 101 and above scarfed pokemon can outspeed it, even after a protect.
Also, Omastar. No one uses it, but FS Weak Armor Omastar is evil if all priority users are gone. Talon Flame can't touch it either.
Really what I'm getting at is, is Blaziken banned in it's entirety? That doesn't make much sense if so.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Relatively speaking, SB Blaziken isn't all that great either, as Zygarde literally walls it out (I've done it 20 or so times on Mega Blaziken), and any +base 101 and above scarfed pokemon can outspeed it, even after a protect.
Also, Omastar. No one uses it, but FS Weak Armor Omastar is evil if all priority users are gone. Talon Flame can't touch it either.
Really what I'm getting at is, is Blaziken banned in it's entirety? That doesn't make much sense if so.

In short, only speed boost blaziken is banned to ubers.

KillerDraco

In short, only speed boost blaziken is banned to ubers.

That's wrong. Blaziken as a whole is banned to Ubers.

Gastrodon walls Kyogre, Kyogre shouldn't be uber. (Sarcasm)

SB Blaziken IS that great. After 1 turn of setup it can be at +2 Attack and +1 Speed, and each turn it becomes harder to revenge kill outside of priority; if it stays in for even 2 turn, no Choice Scarfer can touch it. Its STAB combination alone has pretty great coverage, hitting the majority of the metagame for at least neutral damage, and after a SD it can 2HKO even things that resist its STAB, making it hard to switch into. It's not to say (Mega) Blaziken has no counters; that's a pretty common misconception. The issue is that if you don't pack specific Pokemon to account for (Mega) Blaziken, it can and will sweep your team with ease. Getting +1 Speed Boost is easy to the point of being trivial. Getting a SD boost, while not a guarantee, is usually pretty easy, especially if you already manage to net a speed boost, since at +1 speed it can beat a lot of its checks. If you're not packing Talonflame or Azumarill, it can't be reliably revenge killed beyond +1. Hence, it limits teambuilding.

Also:

252+ Atk Mega Blaziken High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 231-273 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 213-252 (50.7 - 60%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's hardly walling, unless you're trying to use Zygarde with a 252/252+ spread, which has its own issues due to lack of reliable recovery. It means Zygarde can't reliably switch in. Zygarde would be a check, especially considering after an SD it can 1HKO Tank Sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.