• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Hello, I'd been ninja'd in a forums game thread, so I tried to remedy my post by editing it. However, none of the options for editing responded. No editing, no deleting, not even canceling out of it. Is there some sort of requirement I must fulfill before doing so?

ArcanineRaichu77

Shiny Hunter,Bookworm and BVB fan~
Hello, I really want some sprites in my signature to sit next to each other, how can I do this? Also is there a limit to the number of sprites I can have? I just re-read the signature rules and am aware of the pixel limit, however I couldn't find the answer to this question. Thanks :)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
SpookyMimikyu: If this hasn't already been resolved, there's a few things you can try. Restarting your browser, logging out and logging back in, logging in on a different browser/device.

ArcanineRaichu77: You are only limited by size and total pixel amount.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I have come across a couple disruptive ads while browsing on my phone. They immediately open a new window without me even doing anything. One of them was something along the lines of Walmart online. I wasn't sure how to report the ad.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I have come across a couple disruptive ads while browsing on my phone. They immediately open a new window without me even doing anything. One of them was something along the lines of Walmart online. I wasn't sure how to report the ad.

Looks like I'm not the only one with this problem.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey everyone, I'm having trouble getting a link from Imgur in my signature to show up as text..help?
You've linked to a gallery, not a single image.

As a side note, as a former Signature Checker, both images are technically over sized and would be breaking the rules as far as I can tell.

Matt Plews

Hi can someone help me?

I don't know how but my forum name is using my name and not the account name I wanted?

Can that be changed. I'd rather not be using my real name for data protection etc.

Thanks!

Kevin24

Event Collector
is there some kind of bug going on with editing posts? i can't edit mine at all. just stuck on loading in top right corner

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Has the Name change thread opened? Did I miss it? Because I've been waiting two years to do so...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Simple question: is "Start conversation" the same thing as PMs (Personal Messages)? Since I couldn't find the proper PM, I assumed "start conversation" was PM with another name. Is that correct? Is the content of "start conversation" the same thing as the usual personal message, as in only the person I've send can read it?

Thanks!

dman_dustin

The only thing that I dislike about these new forums, is the fact that quoting people is seemingly far more difficult than it was before. Don't get me wrong, it's simple enough if you're making a quick new post, and you have the insert quotes option.

But I have to ask, how in the heck are you supposed to add quotes to a post you already made, the "insert quotes" option next the "media" "image" etc just adds general quotes you have to fill in, I'm just confused as to why the actual insert quotes relating to the button only shows up when you're trying to make a new post.

There is a roundabout copy and paste that I can work with, I just want to know why a quote saved to "multi-quotes" can not seemingly or easily be accessed while editing your post, requiring you to insert the quote into a new post instance while forcing me to copy and paste. I don't even have this issue with Bulbapedia forums, which is also a multi quote type forum, so I'm wondering how do I access "insert quote from multiquote" when editing a post.

hi there everyone! I'm posting this here because I'm not sure where to put it (if it's wrong, please feel free to move it!). I'm gonna be transparent here and say that this is technically my second account, but I'm trying to basically just replace my old one (which hasn't seen use for years) with this one. one reason being that I don't have access to the email on that acct anymore, the other being a more personal reason. what I'm wondering is, who should I PM to be more transparent about this and have my old one removed or disabled? I don't want to break any rules, I just basically want my old account deleted and replaced with this one. And I did already PM one admin, but I'm not sure if there's more I should do.

Mao-Mint

Hello everyone!

Please excuse if this is not the right place, but whenever I try to include a link to my posts, I get the following error message:
The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I am not sure what is causing it and have tried to find information about it but to no avail. :(

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hello everyone!

Please excuse if this is not the right place, but whenever I try to include a link to my posts, I get the following error message:
The following error occurred:
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

I am not sure what is causing it and have tried to find information about it but to no avail. :(
It's part of Serebii's Anti-spam measures. New Users can't post links until they pass a certain threshold. I believe the limit is 10 posts, or was when I was staff, when it was implemented.

So in short, you'll need to make more posts without links for a little while.