• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Bananarama

The light is coming
What are sticky threads?

They're the threads at the top of each forum. They're the more important threads that can (usually) be bumped.

This thread is a sticky thread, for example.

PinkPotatoEgg

Not-a-weeaboo-
They're the threads at the top of each forum. They're the more important threads that can (usually) be bumped.

This thread is a sticky thread, for example.

Oh,thanks ^_^

Another question; do I have to be a competitive pokemon trainer to be in a guild?
Im competitive about pokemn battles, but I dont EV train.
Can I still join a guild?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, quick question about the Changing the Username thread. I'm not exactly new here, as I've had and account for a few years, and I know there's a specific thread that I need to post to in order to get it changed, but I was wondering when during the month the thread will be opened. I read that it would be some time in April, and I was just wondering the specific date.

SuperPokekid22

Sorry to bother everyone but i just really want to know How to change my Profile piucture so i can give everyone something Fun to look at you know. I fyou could respond that would be fantastic. Super

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Go to Settings (upper right hand corner), click Edit Profile Picture (on the left, under Profile), then upload or link in the picture you want (mind the size limits). However if what you actually want to change is your avatar (the picture next to your name on posts), select Edit Avatar instead of Edit Profile Picture. Non-staff members can only chose from the many pre-loaded avatars due to space and lagging issues, but there are quite a few to chose from.

Solgaleo

Pokémon Master
It says "Due to the recent incident on the forums, it's best for security sake to change your password to something new, just to be on the safe side."What was the recent incident?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It says "Due to the recent incident on the forums, it's best for security sake to change your password to something new, just to be on the safe side."What was the recent incident?

I'm not sure why the issue with that appearing for new users hasn't been fixed yet but that's from something years ago at this point, no need to worry about that.

Tangeh

I'm not a new user lol but I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere.

Is there a way to block avatars and signatures of other users? I was hoping to avoid as many gen VII spoilers as possible and now I know all of the starter Pokemon because everyone's been putting them in their avatars and sigs. :< they're always the hardest to avoid anyways so water under the bridge, but I definitely don't want to know their evolutions and would like to avoid as many other spoilers as well. Otherwise I'll just take a break from the forums in a few months when the spoilers will enivitably start rolling in. :)

I'm not a new user lol but I couldn't find the answer to this anywhere.

Is there a way to block avatars and signatures of other users? I was hoping to avoid as many gen VII spoilers as possible and now I know all of the starter Pokemon because everyone's been putting them in their avatars and sigs. :< they're always the hardest to avoid anyways so water under the bridge, but I definitely don't want to know their evolutions and would like to avoid as many other spoilers as well. Otherwise I'll just take a break from the forums in a few months when the spoilers will enivitably start rolling in. :)

Yeah, from Settings go to General Settings, scroll down to a section called Thread Display Options and the first subsection should be Visible Post Elements. There you can turn off avatars, signatures and image tags.

Tangeh

Yeah, from Settings go to General Settings, scroll down to a section called Thread Display Options and the first subsection should be Visible Post Elements. There you can turn off avatars, signatures and image tags.

Got it! I checked there first, but guess I overlooked it. ^__^ Thanks!

Autobot N

Why is the name changing system so complicated? On another forum I'm a member of called Seibertron, it's as simple as going into your profile and typing in your new name. I'm curious as to why it's different here.

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
Why is the name changing system so complicated? On another forum I'm a member of called Seibertron, it's as simple as going into your profile and typing in your new name. I'm curious as to why it's different here.

Don't you know how much confusion would be on this forum if every user changes his/her username every day?

Superteletubbies64

MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!
I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen. With that other forum I mentioned, it's actually kinda rare to see a name change.

Well, there are quite a lot of forums and sites where it's totally impossible to change your name

And if the system wouldn't be so complicated there would still be a lot of confusion

How do I quote two different posts in the same reply? Don't wanna double-post.

At the bottom of a post, to the right of the regular "Reply with Quote" button there is another symbol that looks like the same speech bubble, but with a "+" at the bottom. If you hover over it, it should say "Multi-Quote This Message". Anyway, if you hit that it should change to a "✔". You can then do that to as many posts as you please. When you get to the last post you want to quote you just press the regular quote button and all of them will show up.

Last edited:

Arianna Krauss

Is there a way to search avatars from avatars list , without having to look through thousands of avatars.Like I search steven stone and get all steven stone avatars?
Also is there an avatar of steven stone from The strongest Mega evolution acts, I didn't find one in ME acts list.
If it's not present then I would like to request to update the ME acts avatar list, he was an important character in ME acts he should be there. Similarly lysander malva and professor platane/sycamore should be there too.
Please update the The ME acts avatar list.