• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
How do I edit my settings so that I can request a signature from the reicever to say that they have seen my message?

Pathfinder

No Angel
How do I edit my settings so that I can request a signature from the reicever to say that they have seen my message?

Are you talking about private messages?

When you compose a new message there's a spot at the bottom of the page where it says additional and miscellaneous options where you can check "Request a read receipt for this message". There isn't like an option in your settings for where you can have turned on by default though. You have to do it with every message.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Are you talking about private messages?

When you compose a new message there's a spot at the bottom of the page where it says additional and miscellaneous options where you can check "Request a read receipt for this message". There isn't like an option in your settings for where you can have turned on by default though. You have to do it with every message.

Yes that's what I meant.

Thank you for the reply

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
so... in the general forum rules in the main post by serebii there's a link to something about a reputation system, but I've never seen any of the reputation things it mentions. Has this been discontinued? I've been wondering about it for a while now, and if it has been discontinued shouldn't the link be removed? idk where else to ask about this...

SebastiaanZ

I keep getting a message in the top of the screen that I have a reputation comment? Was wondering what that meant, and if it is a comment of some kind, where I can see it?

Seems I have to quote myself :( ... still having this very annoying message pop up at the top of the screen. Anyone know whats up with this reputation comment and whether or not I can see the comment?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Reputation isn't currently on. When it's on people can give you positive or negative rep on your posts, and leave a comment along with it. We had it on a couple times in the past, but this most recent time a glitch was found that hasn't been resolved yet. If you're getting notifications for it, try logging out and logging back in, that should resolves the issue. If not, well, it's not like it's anything forum breaking anyways.

Raze Fan

So is there any sub forum where we're allowed to discuss Pokemon theories? No worries if their aren't I just like them :p .

SebastiaanZ

Reputation isn't currently on. When it's on people can give you positive or negative rep on your posts, and leave a comment along with it. We had it on a couple times in the past, but this most recent time a glitch was found that hasn't been resolved yet. If you're getting notifications for it, try logging out and logging back in, that should resolves the issue. If not, well, it's not like it's anything forum breaking anyways.

Thanks for the reply! Yet when I log in and out, it doesn't change it ... guess its a very persistent glitch :) Its not forum breaking, its just annoying.

Surperior Serperior

For some reason, I can't post images in a post I'm trying to make in the anime polls forum unless they're 200 size. I copy/pasted the exact code here and the image seemed to work, but it didn't work here for some reason. Can anyone explain this? :s

Last edited:

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I know you can turn off avatars, signatures, and images but when I do all those things, my friends list still shows the avatars (both on the left where it shows nine avatars and the tab saying Friends). Is there anyway to prevent the images from showing? I'm going to try and avoid spoilers for Sun/Moon starting on October and I know there will be those that'll use avatars of newly revealed Pokemon so I was just wondering about this.

Last edited:

TiredButAwake

It keeps denying my post because i have one image in it about the demo that i really need to post

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
It keeps denying my post because i have one image in it about the demo that i really need to post

You will need to post count to be more than 10, before you can post links and images.

Sorry, it was intended to limit the amount Spam bots posting questionable content. This restrictions is removed as you make more posts.

Zafie

A Longtime Fan
Hello. I was just reading a previous post while searching for an answer to my question and came across this page. I've recently been able to regain access to this account after years of inactivity and would like to use this one instead of the other one. Thanks and hope you can help ^~^

Question:

How is it when images of pokemon are posted, the background of the image matches the background of the forum?

When I see the POTW section, and the pictures of the pokemon, they have a green background. But when I view the image manually, it has a white background.

The same is with serebii.net, when pokemon appear in a dark gray background... (But when I view the image file manually, it's in a White background.).

I'd like to know how to do that for images so I can place them in a background (i.e., grass-type pokemon in a forest image).

Thanks.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Question:

How is it when images of pokemon are posted, the background of the image matches the background of the forum?

When I see the POTW section, and the pictures of the pokemon, they have a green background. But when I view the image manually, it has a white background.

The same is with serebii.net, when pokemon appear in a dark gray background... (But when I view the image file manually, it's in a White background.).

I'd like to know how to do that for images so I can place them in a background (i.e., grass-type pokemon in a forest image).

Thanks.

To put simply, those images in a Transparent Format such as GIF or PNG.

GIF being a older format has limit on how many colours it can store. The Big Advantage is that they can be Animated. It's commonly used for sprites.

PNG is a format that allow alot more colours it can store, and can do stuff like 50% Transparency. However there is No Animation support.

As for making the images, you'll need to use software that allows you to work with Transparencies. I personally use the free software GIMP, and I reccomend to "read up" on transparencies on GIMP. (This software does alot of the same things that Adobe Photoshop does.)

I could go in a lot more detail, but I personally don't think you'll understand stuff like Indexed Colour pallette or RGBA..

To put simply, those images in a Transparent Format such as GIF or PNG.

GIF being a older format has limit on how many colours it can store. The Big Advantage is that they can be Animated. It's commonly used for sprites.

PNG is a format that allow alot more colours it can store, and can do stuff like 50% Transparency. However there is No Animation support.

As for making the images, you'll need to use software that allows you to work with Transparencies. I personally use the free software GIMP, and I reccomend to "read up" on transparencies on GIMP. (This software does alot of the same things that Adobe Photoshop does.)

I could go in a lot more detail, but I personally don't think you'll understand stuff like Indexed Colour pallette or RGBA..
Okay, I guess it can't be done via Paint?

Every time I download an image, whether jpeg or png, I always "save as" into png, due to the fact that jpeg adds a blur around words in a white background.

I'm guessing to copy/paste photos with a transparency, I should download gimp?

(And it seems these transparencies work 100%.).

Thanks.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Okay, I guess it can't be done via Paint?

Every time I download an image, whether jpeg or png, I always "save as" into png, due to the fact that jpeg adds a blur around words in a white background.

I'm guessing to copy/paste photos with a transparency, I should download gimp?

(And it seems these transparencies work 100%.).

Thanks.

Paint won't work with Transparencies, and lacks many advanced features. (At least, until the Windows 10 "content" update coming next year.)

Jpeg compression works well with photos, but fails on High contrast stuff like screen shots of text or line art. You'd either have to alter the compression Ratio or use another format.

You should use GIMP if you want to Edit Transparent Images. You can download images by right clicking on the image in question and clicking on an option like "Save image As.." (The main reason is why I choose GIMP is that most PC and Macs can run it, and it's barely changed in the last 10 years, and It's free. I've been using it for that long.)

As for them working, they work as long as the software that reads it understands transparencies.

Last edited:
As for them working, they work as long as the software that reads it understands transparencies.
Ah okay, so pretty much Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome can understand transparencies?

And what about Word/Excel?

Yea, I noticed in Paint in Windows 7, you can add a textbook and type in words, and the letters will go right in the image without a white background, which is the case with Paint in XP.

navataru

Suicune
Hi, question. Where can I post to request some IV trained Pokemon? I'm starting Pokemon and I learned about IV and EV and was hoping someone could help me with getting a few IV trained Pokemon so I can get a team started! Thanks!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ah okay, so pretty much Internet Explorer/Firefox/Chrome can understand transparencies?

And what about Word/Excel?

Yea, I noticed in Paint in Windows 7, you can add a textbook and type in words, and the letters will go right in the image without a white background, which is the case with Paint in XP.

I was talking about saving in a format that supports Transparency. If you look at several of the Pokémon sprite avatars their background doesn't stay green when chaining theme.

Paint overlays the text on existing art, then basicly paints your text in to the image.

Hi, question. Where can I post to request some IV trained Pokemon? I'm starting Pokemon and I learned about IV and EV and was hoping someone could help me with getting a few IV trained Pokemon so I can get a team started! Thanks!

If you would like someone to trade you Pokémon with Good iIVs, please look here: http://www.serebiiforums.com/forumdisplay.php?271-Trade-Forum

If you want to IV training please wait until Sun and Moon is released as we assume IV training is possible, and the details will be posted on the main site. Normally IV are Generated once you see a Pokémon or it's egg. You can't change IV yet.