1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Discussion in 'SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge' started by Ragnarok, Jan 21, 2016.

1. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

growlithepuppy: You can probably post about it both places, just make sure you don't promise it more then one trade partner. You could also just try 6th Gen and later move over to 7th Gen if no one seems interested in 6th Gen.

2. _Dog

_Dog Well-Known Member

Will Ellie or someone else make a new Name Change thread?

3. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

The previous set of name changes hasn't even been completed, so why do we need a new thread?

4. _Dog

_Dog Well-Known Member

So that I can request for a new name. Isn't that obvious?

5. Superteletubbies64

Superteletubbies64 MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!

So this means we will have no name change thread these 6 months? I returned to the forums almost specifically to chamge my username and now I get this?

6. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

The Admins are pretty busy, so they will get to all of the name changes when they can. Please read this post here that I'm going to link. It's the previous name changes thread that has been closed, but reading Ellie's post at the very top will help you out. ;)

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?653973-Name-Changes-Thread-Read-entire-first-post

7. Superteletubbies64

Superteletubbies64 MAHINA-PEEEAAA!!!

So it can happen at any time during this month and then it won't close at the end of the month but after 30 or 31 days? I'm worried this month our opportunity will be skipped over and I'll have to wait another 7 months

8. Hunter Zolomon

Hunter Zolomon Into the Shadows Staff Member Moderator

I doubt it will get skipped. The only way I can see that happening is if a lot of people annoy and pester the Admins about it. According to the rules name changes are a privilege, not a right. Eventually the new thread will be up, and people that requested name changes from the last thread will get their name changed. The Admins will get to it when they can I'm sure. It could be tomorrow, it could be next week, I have no clue. They are busy people. The best thing that you can do is just continue to be patient and keep checking the SPPf Help section everyday. Eventually the new thread will be posted. I can't really give you an answer because I don't know when it will be posted. Whatever you do though don't pester the Admins about it. They won't like that. I hope this helps. ;)

9. The thread's up now, so your worries should be over. :)

10. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

I'm sure this has been asked before, but will there be a Sun & Moon style background?

11. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I have no idea if this is even the right place to bring this up, but: I can not access the forums in Chrome. Or, well, I can partially access it in Chrome. I can access (most of) the board listings, but not the topics, unless I disable all my scripts at which point I can't even post (quick reply never loads, going to the normal reply box just loads the page forever).

Firefox is where I'm posting this now and it has its own issues, like how the quick reply box is there but the post options are not.

Closing/reopening the browser/tab doesn't fix anything.

so....????

12. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

I'm having the same problems with chrome. I trying out firefox now and it does seem to be working better.

Oh and I do have a question; is there a way to keep threads that you haven't looked at since your last visit unread if you log out or get timed out by being inactive for too long? I couldn't even access the threads this morning and I had to do stuff so I missed out on most of the new posts and it's very annoying trying to find where the last posts were on my last visit.

13. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Also may as well say the forum maintenance that just happened didn't fix anything, so whatever was causing those hiccups wasn't the chrome issue at least.

14. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Explorer

So far only with Microsoft Edge can have access in every thread of the forums without loading problems and still there are some problems regarding the comment system(missing submit button) so I have to open a second tab every time I want to post a comment here.

Do we know how long it will take for this issue to be solved?

15. VampirateMace

R_N, Pokegirl Fan~, & Darthlord7:
    We were having server issues earlier in the month, have your issues resolved?

16. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

Pretty much, yeah. It seems to be working fine now for me.

17. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 Explorer

Yeah, everything is working fine now.

18. Pikafleg

Pikafleg Twenty-Six!

Hi, I just came back after a couple years, and I noticed in the gen 7 trade forum, all of the evolution lines under each generation (not counting new gen 2 or 4 ones) are not included under each generation sub thread. Years ago it used to have all (granted it was back in the gen 6 trading section but still). Are we supposed to make our own threads for a line now or something? I'm not sure how it works now.

19. VampirateMace

Double check that you're not looking in the wrong gen, but yeah, if it's not there go ahead and make a thread, or let the mods for that section know.

20. Pikafleg

Pikafleg Twenty-Six!

Is there not a casual battle me thread anymore? Also, in the competitive thread there are very few recent posts, is something about the battle communication system different than a couple years ago?