1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Discussion in 'SPPf Help & Newbie Lounge' started by Ragnarok, Jan 21, 2016.

1. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

Can users not really start threads anymore?

2. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

In which sub-forum are you trying to start a thread?

Some sub-Forums will not allow most members to create new threads. These include the Serebii.net Announcements, and Serebii.net Updates sub-forums. (They're restricted to certain members of staff.)

Other sub-forums will let you Create a New thread, BUT these will be hidden until a member of staff approves it. These will give you a notice as you post. I wish I could find you onethat wasn't in a deleted sub-forum. Mind you I may have some permissions that due to my previous position on Serebii.net

3. lemoncatpower

Do you know approx. how long it takes for confirmation? I tried to start in the pokemon sun and moon section.

Thank-you for the quick reply also.

4. Nutter t.KK

Nutter t.KK can Mega Evolve!

It could take up to a few days, The time it takes really depends on the staff members who moderate that section. Be aware that It may never appear, and given the way the threads are on that section, I'm willing to lean towards this.

The Actual approval process is quite quick it's just a few clicks.

5. VampirateMace

VampirateMace Internet Overlord

Hi, yeah, I'm the staff member in question. Your thread was not really that Sun/Moon related. I would suggest posting it in Polls, or rewriting it to be more S/M oriented (if possible). Also, next time, please PM a staff member in that area, and don't forget to check the section rules.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  6. lemoncatpower

Thankyou for commenting to let me know.

Is there a section where you can give ideas for improving the forums?

7. VampirateMace

8. Um a question how can I move the signature and put it in the middle.

9. VampirateMace

Put the tags [CENTER] [/CENTER] around it.

10. lemoncatpower

11. Post Moderation

Post Moderation Invisible Presence

I thought so too when I first signed up three years ago :)

12. VampirateMace

Guys, please don't spam this thread.

13. Mimik U

Mimik U Umbreon Tamer

Anime Style Battling

Ireally wanted to get into it, but I had some questions, but it won't let me post in ASB threads, so I had nowhere else to go. Could someone help me?

14. PokeTrainer16

PokeTrainer16 Member

I can't post in General Discussion

15. Is there a way to rename a thread you've created? I've been searching for an answer in the FAQ and I keep missing it. Thanks!

16. VampirateMace

Mimik U, PokeTrainer16: What threads are you trying to post in? Did you make sure they weren't closed? (I'm not sure if ASB has a post limit.)

BulbasaurTeamCiivil: You can't, in advanced editing it looks like you can, but you can't. If you really need to change the name of a thread, PM a mod for that section.

17. Not sure I feel this is the right place to post this, but I've been having a problem with the Serebii forums this evening. Whenever I try to post it comes up with a message "database error". While one would assume that means the plot didn't properly work, when I go back to the main page without trying again or refreshing, it says I've posted. What's weirder is that certain threads aren't updating for me - I can only see what everyone else is posting from 10pm onwards in the "General Speculation Thread" (USUM subforum) if I use the "Go Advanced" mode, which makes everything extremely tedious. Am I the only one with this issue?

Edit: it seems to have fixed itself now? I'm not sure.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  18. Who do i contact to help me close my account?

19. VampirateMace

You don't, just log out and be done. If you want to keep yourself out in the future, you can change your eMail and password to gibberish, but I don't know why you would.

20. Well the reason is mine & mine alone,Thanks for replying.
    =/