• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Serebii Forums Newbie Help & FAQ 2016 Edition - ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I've got a quick question. I would like to have my name changed, but the name change thread has been closed for a while now. I was just wondering if there's another thread for name changes somewhere? And if not, will another one be up soon?

Thanks in advance.

Name change threads are made every April and October. :]

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
How do I make custom avatars?

You can not use a custom Avatar, unless you're a member of staff. The reason is was mainly to prevent the sever crashing, or so I heard. Some of it is that Custom Avatars are always added to the server, which for a long time was very slow.

GalacticVenom1

Hotheaded Rival
How do you change the banner? I have the one with oak, but I've seen many, including Winona and Erika...I want something that's extremely awesome. Oak doesn't cut it. Are these things something I earn? They show up under the title. Do I get one by changing my title.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Last edited:

Janna

stay sweet
Might be a silly question, but how long do usernames take to change after you've made your request in the username change thread (which was closed November)? I absolutely understand that changing usernames is a luxury that we're not entitled to whatsoever, but it's been over three months since the requests were made and some of these names could be taken by new members within such a long timeframe.

Thanks!

Might be a silly question, but how long do usernames take to change after you've made your request in the username change thread (which was closed November)? I absolutely understand that changing usernames is a luxury that we're not entitled to whatsoever, but it's been over three months since the requests were made and some of these names could be taken by new members within such a long timeframe.

Thanks!

I think that they open it either every six or twelve months, so when the Username Change Thread is open, you can change it at those times. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is there a way to set the alignment in a post to justify?

There are a few ways that I can see it being done using the software that the forum uses. However this would need a change within the CSS files that only Serebii and possibly a few other Admins could even get hold of.

Otherwise, you'd could to code for a per post Via HTML, but HTML is disabled on most posts unless you get Admin to enable it. (The Code is <p align="justify"> or <div align="justify"> and </div> )

AlolaSherwood

Lost Wayfinder
Is there a thread for GTS trades you're proud of? Like if I want to squeal about how I offered (x) for (y) and got Shiny (y)?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Is there a thread for GTS trades you're proud of? Like if I want to squeal about how I offered (x) for (y) and got Shiny (y)?

I believe there isn't such a thread. However, I think the Recent happenings threads may be the best place for this type of thing. I remember seeing some posts when I regularly did use those threads.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Am I being blind or does the thread for lickitung/lickilicky not exist? I tried searching the kanto and sinnoh families in both the gen 6 and 7 forums on here but I cant seem to find it.

Can someone post the link for me please?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Am I being blind or does the thread for lickitung/lickilicky not exist? I tried searching the kanto and sinnoh families in both the gen 6 and 7 forums on here but I cant seem to find it.

Can someone post the link for me please?

I'd try if I could find a Public one. There are few Gen 1 Pokémon Missing from Gen 6, such as Hitmons.

The only Licklicky Trade thread I could find was the 5th Gen one, which is now hidden. I had the link saved on my local copy FAQ that I wrote for BW2.

I could have seen let those Pokémon to be Omited initially, if they where not available in XY or Sun and Moon prior to Bank.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Have any actual pokemon events come out in the usa besides the munchlax and magearna events?

Only one, and it's over: Meloetta, in December 2016. http://www.serebii.net/events/2016.shtml

Usually Event Pokémon are often not given out during first year outside of Japan. Last year was crazy, we probably had the most available in a year. At one point, we had THREE* separate Events running at the same time! (The Last time I remember more than one event was two, in Gen 4 just before Gen 5, were The Legendary Beasts and Celebi were being done at the same time.)

*Depending on the count, I could argue two, or five depending on how you count it.

growlithepuppy

Is there anywhere I could see a list of things to watch out for when trading so you don't get traded hacked pokemon or something I learned that the event entei (shiny with flare blitz and extremespeed) might be very valuable and I was thinking I might be able to get a shiny latias for it but I'm a bit afraid I might get tricked and also what would provide as sufficient proof that mine is legit as I never thought it might be very sought after when I first got it?

Bananarama

The light is coming
Is there anywhere I could see a list of things to watch out for when trading so you don't get traded hacked pokemon or something I learned that the event entei (shiny with flare blitz and extremespeed) might be very valuable and I was thinking I might be able to get a shiny latias for it but I'm a bit afraid I might get tricked and also what would provide as sufficient proof that mine is legit as I never thought it might be very sought after when I first got it?

This thread should help.

Collide

Only one, and it's over: Meloetta, in December 2016.

Usually Event Pokémon are often not given out during first year outside of Japan. Last year was crazy, we probably had the most available in a year. At one point, we had THREE* separate Events running at the same time! (The Last time I remember more than one event was two, in Gen 4 just before Gen 5, were The Legendary Beasts and Celebi were being done at the same time.)

*Depending on the count, I could argue two, or five depending on how you count it.

Oh no, i meant usa events for sun and moon. I was worried for a second lol. Thanks anyways!

growlithepuppy

If I got a pokemon in a 6th gen game and am willing to trade it either in 6th gen or transfer it to 7th gen and tade it there should I only post about it in 6th gen trades or in 7th gen trades too?