• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Shonen Jump Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
HellKorn said:
Hey, Viz, maybe you don't pay attention, BUT THERE AREN'T ANY GUNS IN NARUTO.

There could be, considering they have walkie talkies and VCR's and other modern-day conveniences.

The problem I have with their One Piece translation is how they're catering to the dub a lot lately (Zolo, Coco Village). I will be seriously pissed off if they change Smoker to Captain Chaser.

Brinstar

you suffer
Dogasu said:
There could be, considering they have walkie talkies and VCR's and other modern-day conveniences.

The problem I have with their One Piece translation is how they're catering to the dub a lot lately (Zolo, Coco Village). I will be seriously pissed off if they change Smoker to Captain Chaser.

I believe Masashi Kishimoto said in an interview that there are absolutely no guns in the world of Naruto, since bullets far outclass the speed of shurikens.

I agree with you on the One Piece stuff.

Chris

Old Coot
..lmao They said the Navy was arriving in this month's One Piece..despite the ship on the same pannel having MARINES painted on the ship and sewn on the sails. As well as the Marine officers having MARINES on their hats. >_>

How stupid are the editors of One Piece?

Manjoume

Edward Elric said:
..lmao They said the Navy was arriving in this month's One Piece..despite the ship on the same pannel having MARINES painted on the ship and sewn on the sails. As well as the Marine officers having MARINES on their hats. >_>

God, I saw that.............. I kind of laughed. Looks like they are going with 4Kids again.... or some **** like that but without editing the "Marines" part...

If anyone wants a picture of the scan I'll have it up soon...

Tenten

"Just kidding!"
Edward Elric said:

Wow...what geniuses they are. [/Sarcasm] They must just turn into the next 4kids if they keep this up.

Manjoume

Princess_Zelda said:
Wow...what geniuses they are. [/Sarcasm] They must just turn into the next 4kids if they keep this up.
Think of that. Blood.... GONE! Violence.... GONE! Death that you don't see.... GONE! They already censor middle fingers..... which is retarded....

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
SO what's the One Piece Demo like. What characters can you play as and what all can you do.

And what was the OP Card?

EDIT: I actually have a theory that 4Kids is making Viz edit One Piece.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Edward Elric said:
--; Since WHEN is the Byakugan an "evil eye" technique?
Since...several issues ago, when Neji first used it. Feh, it's better than SOME of Viz's attack names...I don't get their attack "translators" at all, really.

Kojiro said:
SO what's the One Piece Demo like. What characters can you play as and what all can you do.

And what was the OP Card?
The Demo was...fun, although I suck at fighting games so I kept losing XP (tip:Luffy and Arlong work best when using the "bash random buttons and hope" technique) You can use Luffy, Zoro, Arlong, and Nami; the battlefields you can use are the Baratie and...some villiage I forgot the name of. The only mode you can use is the one player Grand Battle mode. And yes, the characters have their dub voices(although Arlong's voice isn't doubled. Which is good...)

The OP card was "Pirate's Ambition".

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
The video games are being affected by 4Kids' changes too (there's a screenshot floating around that shows Smoker without his cigar), so I'm sticking to my import copies of Grand Battles 2 and 3.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
That seriously pisses me off. One Piece will not have any SORT of reputation once 4K'rap is finished with it.

In Death Note, the main character IS Light, not Hikari.

I am also getting really ****** OFF at SJ and Viz. I WANT MORE HnG!! Stop buying more titles, let us READ what is already!! You'll finish them a heck of a lot sooner.

In other news, tPoT Volume nine will be coming out soon!!!

I think I'll be buying some Naruto shirts hehehehehe...

EDIT:

Also note: The main characters of Naruto have been casted. Naruto's actress is supposedly a new actress.

Poison Master

A Local Person
wait, so they are giving out free One Piece cards with Shonen Jump? Does anyone know if this is just in the magazine itself like with the Amazoness last issue or do you have to subscribe? (I live in the UK so I can't subscribe) also when is the card game released?

Chris

Old Coot
The card comes with every issue. However, the subscribers get that and the One Piece Grand Battle demo.

As for Light, yeah, I found out after I made my post. x_x Just seemed rather odd for someone to have the name Light. Couldn't trust on SJ's translation either. >_>;

As for Naruto's actress..we KNEW it was a new actress for months already. o_o We just didn't know who. I don't know why everyone kept forgetting that.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Edward Elric said:
The card comes with every issue. However, the subscribers get that and the One Piece Grand Battle demo.

As for Light, yeah, I found out after I made my post. x_x Just seemed rather odd for someone to have the name Light. Couldn't trust on SJ's translation either. >_>;

As for Naruto's actress..we KNEW it was a new actress for months already. o_o We just didn't know who. I don't know why everyone kept forgetting that.

Ed, has a trailer popped up with Maile's (pronounciation please, is it My Li?) Naruto up? All I see on CN is a preview, but the voices are too hard to here.

Chris

Old Coot
Sorry, but I wouldn't know. The only time I really even get a chance to watch CN is for [adult swim]. On my days off from work, I only watch normal CN when the DBZ redub is on for comparison's sake (and nostalgia of uncutness). And from what I know, people are complaining over a 1-second clip of Naruto's voice that you can barely even hear. Unless you attended Otakon.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
This thread got revived all of a sudden. >_>;;

Anyway, same thing here with the "Light" comment, although I think that this is the first time where Viz has actually translated the name into the english meaning for their SJ titles, I believe. No offense, but why the hell have other's name as they originally were but not the main character's? Ah well, the rest of it was fine, though.

It seems that SJ is more or less catering to younger kids nowadays, and the unnecessary BS with Naruto is still occuring, sadly.

And about the Naruto voice actor. People who have heard more of it at Otakon (I believed that it was played there, anyway) have heard it, and generally they thought that it was fitting for a twelve-year-old since Naruto IS A TWELVE-YEAR-OLD. -_-; Only the ones who hate dubs anyway are the ones who are bashing it. (Opinions from members at NarutoForums.)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Yuugis Black Magician said:
Ed, has a trailer popped up with Maile's (pronounciation please, is it My Li?) Naruto up? All I see on CN is a preview, but the voices are too hard to here.
There's a YTMND with his dub voice looping over and over and over. That good enough for ya? :p Now remember, you can't judge a voice by three words... ;P

Now that I've read it all...

Death Note. Looks. AWESOME. I don't know why, really. I guess the concept is just intriguing to me. Light IS a weird name, though. Must have sounded cool to the Japanese, I guess >_>

Not much to say for most of 'em...

I kinda...skipped over One Piece. Meh, I guess I've just had enough Arlong to last a lifetime...

Now Hikaru's the one chasing after Akira. Funny how that works.

Nami's my favorite Grand Battle character out of the four you can use; I can consistantly do well with her! Interestingly enough...if one of her attacks had "tempo" in its name in the original, it is now "tempest" according to the demo. I'm not sure why. Oh, and the Kung-fu Dugongs were called "Jugongs". o_O

Chris

Old Coot
HellKorn said:
And about the Naruto voice actor. People who have heard more of it at Otakon (I believed that it was played there, anyway) have heard it, and generally they thought that it was fitting for a twelve-year-old since Naruto IS A TWELVE-YEAR-OLD. -_-; Only the ones who hate dubs anyway are the ones who are bashing it. (Opinions from members at NarutoForums.)
Yanno, I gotta agree. I'm all for them sounding like kids. Considering they ARE kids. It actually took me a while to adjust to their Japanese voices when I first saw the anime. Sasuke had the general way too old male voice for a 12 year old kid. Sounded like he already past puberty. Sakura sounded like she was in her 20s or something. o_O; Naruto was perfect, however.

And now that I've heard Naruto's voice in English, it actually sounds pretty good. So far, that is. Let's hope his VA can portray the character properly.

Riaf

Cockaroach
It is abit scratchy, the "What is this?" line. However, he sounds like a kid so I'm able to get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.