• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Shonen Jump Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonstone

Thunder Trainer
Oh, that'd be kind of good if Gina Tama were serialized. I don't like to think about them cutting out something good for it, though.
And I agree that Shaman King is underrated. It can be hilarious (especially Anna.. "Every memory I have of her ends with me in tears...") but it also has a pretty decent plotline with action.
My favorite characters are Anna and, for some reason, Faust.

johnny139

Smell Ya Later!
Gin Tama is coming?

I wonder if it will be serialized. I hope so, I thought the preview was great!

moonstone

Thunder Trainer
gin tama

I know, I thought Gin Tama was pretty funny ("You only protected us for one page!" "That's a lot for a manga artist!") and it had a decent storyline. Overall, it was a pretty good preview. :)

-Sonansu!-

Not A Happy Camper
Shaman King was decent, if not really plain.

It still had a really, really, really horrible ending, though.

In my opinion, SK easily blows Naruto AND One Piece both out of the water. You might look at me funny or whatever, but it's just what I think. Why? Because of the characters and easy-going feel of the whole series. Plus, it's cool to have a main character who isn't a pirate, a samurai, or a ninja once in a while. Sure Amidamaru's a samurai, but the difference is, he's a DEAD one. All the backstory about shamans and stuff is really cool, and doesn't really detract from the appeal of the series.

Plus the action's pretty good. Fights are not too long, nor too short. Also, they don't play such a huge part in the story like in other shonen stories. Art style's pretty damn interesting too.

Not to mention the humorous moments scattered about, especially when Anna or Manta are around. Some shonen manga take themselves way too seriously. Not SK, though. This is a truly underrated shonen series. Hell, its prequels (I should actually say "spinoff prequels"), Butsu Zone and Itako no Anna, were damn good too. Shame that Viz will probably never release those here. Same with Funbari no Uta, which came right after SK.

Not to say One Piece or Naruto suck at all, though. I like them, but think Shaman King as a whole is better than both.

Last edited:
I hate how they just leave stuff like Eyeshield 21 and Death Note out of the monthly jump in favor of crap like Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'd definatly buy Jump if they actually put in more and better titles. Our jump is less than 1/3 the size of the monthly Japanese one and the Japanese one actually costs less.

-Sonansu!-

Not A Happy Camper
I hate how they just leave stuff like Eyeshield 21 and Death Note out of the monthly jump in favor of crap like Yu-Gi-Oh.

I'd definatly buy Jump if they actually put in more and better titles. Our jump is less than 1/3 the size of the monthly Japanese one and the Japanese one actually costs less.

I definitely agree with this. Plus, in the English version, Viz seems to be biased towards One Piece (they've translated 111 chapters of it so far, but SK only has 91 chapters translated? What the hell is that?) and Yu-Gi-Oh for no apparent reason.

Viz said in one of the older issues that if their circulation reached about 3 million (like Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan) they could make the issues bigger and possibly lower the price. I'm quite sure the circulation is about that high now, so why the hell aren't they doing what they said?

I think Gin Tama will be serialized starting next month, just like someone else said. Here's why I think so:

-The puzzle at the end of the latest issue spells out "Gin Tama is coming."
-In the section where it says what happens in the next issue of Shonen Jump, there are no new previews announced or anything (which means they have extra page space, meaning they might serialize anothr manga).
-People have been bugging Viz to serialize another manga in place of DBZ.

I wish Yu-Gi-Oh would just go now. After the Duel Monster thing started, it started to get boring IMO. I miss the old Yami Yugi, the one who dealt out brutal punishments to those who lost at his shadow games.

WheelerTheViper

Procrastinate Today!
I definitely agree with this. Plus, in the English version, Viz seems to be biased towards One Piece (they've translated 111 chapters of it so far, but SK only has 91 chapters translated? What the hell is that?) and Yu-Gi-Oh for no apparent reason.

They are probablly trying to stretch out Yugioh, it's almost over after all. (Of course, they are replacing it with the YGO GX manga.....so I dunno.)
I think Gin Tama will be serialized starting next month, just like someone else said. Here's why I think so:

-The puzzle at the end of the latest issue spells out "Gin Tama is coming."
-In the section where it says what happens in the next issue of Shonen Jump, there are no new previews announced or anything (which means they have extra page space, meaning they might serialize anothr manga).
-People have been bugging Viz to serialize another manga in place of DBZ.
That could be true, and there is a good chance of it happening. But doesn't SJ usually announce when they have a new title coming? (Of course, maybe the puzzle was it.) Shoot, I went to a SJ panel at the Comic-Con and they gave dates for the YGO GX and Gin-Tama manga, but for the life of me I can't remember when it is. September? October? For some reason I remember August...
I wish Yu-Gi-Oh would just go now. After the Duel Monster thing started, it started to get boring IMO. I miss the old Yami Yugi, the one who dealt out brutal punishments to those who lost at his shadow games.
Now now, don't go bashing other people's favorites. Although I also miss the Penalty Games, and the slightly demented Yami.

Rex Kamex

I really like Yu-Gi-Oh! and all, but they really should release at least three chapters a month again since the dub anime has ended months ago anyway. Also, the Millennium World saga is a good arc, but the storyline moves very slowly, so it isn't good to have two chapters a month.

Windfang

Pokemon Solider
I like Naruto, Yugioh and the GO series Harkua no Go, not mention I am card fiend.

Rex Kamex

You mean "Hikaru no Go".

pokemaster394

JESUS FREAK
I love SHONEN JUMP. Its just that I don't have the time to get each issue.

omnimon206

Super Squritle Fan!
I love Shonen Jump. I have bought every issue, but lost the first 9. I admit that Yugioh is taking a downfall, but at least Yugioh GX is taking it's place when Millenium World ends.

What is Gin Tama again? I Forget

Rex Kamex

The only real reason Yu-Gi-Oh!'s taking so long recently is because the storyline goes very slowly and we only get two chapters of the slow story a month.

(Though, on a random note, I do get the feeling that Takahashi planned the Memory World being a game as he was going along...)

omnimon206

Super Squritle Fan!
I could actually care less what happens in the next Shonen Jump. I only want it for the magician's Valkyria

Rex Kamex

Soooooooo... anybody have the November 2006 issue of Jump?

omnimon206

Super Squritle Fan!
I just got it yesterday. I'm glad to hear Yugioh GX will be in Shonen Jump starting January

I already made a new topic for this, but I'll try it here too:

I'm selling my all of my dragon ball manga on this thread. I have already sold about half, so I no longer have the whole set. These volumes are the english Shonen Jump GN printings from VIZ. The books are all in 100% PERFECT condition, having only been read once. I should be selling them brand new but I'm not (I need money now). They are all $4.00 a piece, with a minimum of 5 per buyer. Buyer will pay shipping charges, but they shouldn't be more then $15.00 depending on how much weight it is. Once again, these are in PERFECT condition, and are great for anyone wanting to finish their collection. Send me a private message with what you want, or any questions. I only accept Paypal as my payment method. Here are the volumes I have below:

Dragon Ball: 1,2,3,4,5,9, and 16

Dragon Ball Z: 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,18,20, and 24

Once again, just private message me with any questions, or if you want to buy some. Good Luck!

omnimon206

Super Squritle Fan!
I'd buy the whole set of DB if you still had it

Status
Not open for further replies.