• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Smash Brothers 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Look how long It took Sonic (Yes the one that started it all) to get in the roster. Why do you think any other character from the series should be in there? They don't deserve it, popularity isn't everything.

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
thats why i gave up, but the maker of brawl said there not planning another ssb anytime soon. sonic was planned for melee aswell and this is an opening for nintendo to appeal to the sonic fans, and besides why do you all hate all the sonic characters

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
Well I don't hate them, I just think they haven't been around long enough to get in and don't have big roles. Also Sonic is plenty to represent the series.

invaderdim

Dimmest of the Dim^^
thats why i gave up, but the maker of brawl said there not planning another ssb anytime soon. sonic was planned for melee aswell and this is an opening for nintendo to appeal to the sonic fans, and besides why do you all hate all the sonic characters

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
I have an idea for a character:

Vespiquen:
Vespiquen is a middle-heavy weight who gets four jumps. Her attack power is moderate, but she is slow. Instead of the normal bubble sheild, a bunch of combee protect her giving her a sheild which is stronger than a normal sheild.

Ground attacks:

A+A: Simple swipes from her claw. One of her fastest moves.
A+Forward: A slower but stronger swipe.
A+Up: Vespiquen does a flip.
A+Down: Vespiquen slides her abdomen on the ground.
Forward Smash: Vespiquen does a roundhouse kick with her abdomen.
Dash attack: Vespiquen does a headbutt.
Up Smash: Vespiquen does a powerful swipe.
Down Smash: Vespiquen spins around like Peach's down smash.

Air Attacks:
Neutral A: Vespique twirls around like Olimar.
Forward+A: Vespiquen does a powerful forward swipe. Leaves Vespiquen vulnerable.
Up+A: Vespiquen claps up with her wings.
Down+A: Vespiquen Does a downward headbutt that thrusts her down.
Back+A: Same as her Forward+A, but less laggy and less powerful.

Throws:
Grab: Vespiquen grabs her opponent with her mouth.
Grab attack: Vespiquen gnaws on her opponent.
Forward throw: Vespiquen simply tosses her opponent with her mouth.
Up Throw: Vespiquen launches her opponent off with her wings.
Down Throw: Vespiquen slams her foe with her honeycomb.
Backwards Throw: Vespiquen Simply launches her foe back with her mouth.

B Attacks:
B-Power Gem: A bunch of energy gems will pulse out of Vespiquen. it sort of works like Bowser's fire breath.
B+Side-Attack Order: Vespiquen Will send a Combee tofly around and act as a projectile. Sometimes it will be a Beedrill, which are faster and do more damage.
B+Down-Honey: Vespiquen will squirt out honey from her honeycomb. If the opponent steps in it, they they will be stuck for a while.
B+Up-U-Turn: Vespiquen will do a U-turn, like Metaknight's Up+B, but a U-Turn instead of a flip.
Final Smash-Swarm: Vespiquen will summon tons of Combees and Beedrills on the stage, attacking opponets. Vespiquen can't be hurt by the swarm.

Taunts:
1. Vespiquen's eyes will glow.
2. A bunch of Combees will swarn her.
3. Vespiquen will make a sinister buzzing sound.

OMG i want kabutopz in brall

movset
b-cut
^b-slash
<>b-night slash
vb-xscissor

It will decapitate you for a Final Smash.

But SSBGiygas is far better.

No, Super Smash Bros. Fracas is better, clearly.

And I can't believe this whole "Sonic should have more reps" thing is still going on. If they make Pac-Man playable, we'll be damned if they throw Inky, Pinky, Blinky, Sue, and Mrs. Pac-Man in as playable characters as well, regardless that Mrs. Pac-Man would more than likely be an alternative costume for Pac-Man, to go with Shadow being a Sonic alternative costume. It wouldn't work. Think of it that way, those people who want more Sonic reps.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Sonic wasn't planned for Melee. Nintendo is already appealing to Sonic fans by putting Sonic in the game. I don't hate all the Sonic characters, they just don't belong in SSB4.

And how is Charizard not an original character? All he did in previous games is blow fire.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Warning: Longest post you'll ever see outside of Fan-Fiction

Hmmm, well, should I post my chao moveset.... On one side, a whole one person cared/acknoledged my other post, on the other it's in the middle of a no more reps for sonic war...

Ah, to hell with it.

Chao would be a fast and small target, but incredibly light with little range. The power and speed of attacks would vary, although “high power attacks” are in comparison to Chao’s other attacks. Chao is singular and plural.

Chao:
Pros:
Is not Shadow
Is not Silver
Is not a generic sonic clone hedgehog with a bad backstory

Cons:
Is the least likely character for SSB, excluding Master Chief
Is not important to it's series, any hasn't even featured since heroes

Move: What Chao does/Effect: What the move does/Origin: Where it came from

A: Left hook/Effect: Fast, but weak, no knock back /Origin: Chao karate, a low level attack.
A-A: Right Hook/Effect: Same/Origin: Chao karate, though I believe all Chao punch with the same hand…
A-A-A:/Effect: Stronger, but with less range/Origin: Again, a low level Chao karate move.
Strong Side: A loop-de-loop that moves forward/Effect: Low damage, low/medium knock back, and higher range/Origin: On the Sonic Advance series, Cheese (A Chao) does this upon contact with enemies from Cream’s homing Chao attack.
Strong Up: A jump/Effect: Low damage, low/medium knock back/Origin: Chao do jump, but I MAY have run out of ideas for this…
Strong Down: Chao lies on his stomach and jabs in front with a toy car/Effect: Multiple hits, meteor smash, causes tripping if it hits a dashing character but very flat hit box…/Origin: This is a kind of weird one, but Chao do at lest have toy cars in game, even if not as weapons.
Smash side: That winding punch sonic has/Effect: Strong, but slow. Chao would leap forward to add more range/Origin: A higher level move in Chao karate. Sonic himself has never done this in game.
Smash up: Jack in the box, if used at full charge, them puppet would propel Chao in to the air/Effect: High knock back, medium damage, Chao is propelled as if it was a jump/Origin: Jack in the box was an obstacle in the races, that would sometimes pop up to knock Chao over. The jumping is made up, but since Chao would charge it by holding it down, at full charge it bursts out underneath him.
Smash Down: A roundhouse kick/Effect: multiple hits, decent knock back, fast/Origin: Another Chao karate move, faster but less powerful then winding punch

Nair: Chao flails his arms/Effect: low damage, medium knock back. It’s knock back remains near constant, ignoring damage, but can’t kill./Origin: When a Chao without enough fly power leaps off a cliff, this is the result. Although no matter the distance it falls, Chao is completely unaffected by the landing. He also does this when there is no target for his homing attack.
Fair: Chao dashes to one side, then loops back/Effect: a higher range, but weaker version of the strong side, he can grab edges while doing this/Origin: Longer distance is reflective of the fact the strong-side was based off a homing attack
Uair: Chao twirls around in a small ball of light/Effect: Multiple hits, last hit has decent upwards knock back/Origin: I think this was a more powerful version of the homing attack, off sonic advance three, but I’ve long since lost the game so I may have made this up.
Bair: A backflip version of his Fair/Effect: Less range, but a meteor smash/Origin: I made this up…
Dair: He circles around his original position/Effect: Draws opponents in, multiple hits, and no knock back/Origin: on Sadvance2, this is Cream’s dash attack, where Chao circles her for a brief moment.

B-Normal: He plays a note on his trumpet, and at full charge plays three/Effect: The notes fly in a wavy pattern, doing one hit for low damage before disappearing, it charges quickly, so can be used to stop approaching enemies/Origin: On the tiny Chao garden, this is a toy. As he gets better at it, he does play more notes.
B-side: He gets on a top ball and runs forwards, before falling off/Effect: Tilt to keep balance, buries enemies, falling off does high knock back/Origin: According to official pictures, they can do this, although I’ve only seen them chase the ball.
B-up: He grabs a flying Omochao (robotic Chao) and rises up like snake, before going in to a glide/Effect: little damage or knock back/Origin: Omochao, when hit on a level in SA2B, will give you a hint before rising upwards. If you want, you can blast them, and it will hate you. For ten seconds.
B-down: He starts to build the Chao walker, and after ten seconds, he can get in it. It walks quickly and fires strong missiles. You don’t have to build it all in one go, but if you leave the unfinished thing around, people can destroy it. He still receives damage, and it eventually is destroyed /Effect: It’s fast AND strong, like a semi-final smash. It doesn’t fly, unlike a landmaster/Origin: The Chao walker was the fastest vehicle in the SA2B shooting multiplayer, while the Dark Chao walker was the strongest. In reality, tails built it, and it had a death laser. To be honest, I was out of ideas again.

Grab: He takes a few steps forward for added range/Origin: When a Chao was hungry; it would run in a ridiculous way towards a nut, hence the running.
Grab attack: he head butts the victim/ Origin: This is how Chao eats nuts. By head butting them…
F throw: He spins around, before tossing his victim in a shower of stars:/Effect: Low damage, low knock back, and chain grab/Origin: This is what happens when you give him a stat power up. If you do it right, you can use the power up infinitely.
U throw: Chao does a quick spin, then a tree pops up under the opponent/Effect: High knock back, medium damage/Origin: When Chao plants a tree, he does a small dance then it pops up really suddenly.
B throw: He tosses it casually behind him/Effect: Low damage and knock back/Origin: Sometimes, Chao can’t be bothered to finish eating, so they just toss it.
D throw: Chao goes to sleep on top of the enemy, then rolls over and hits it with his arm/Effect: Multiple hits, meteor smash (though, that doesn’t really do much with grabs…)/Origin: Uh, Chao sleep and roll over. Yeah, out of ideas.

Dash: Falls over/Effect: Medium knock back, low damage. Spiral sphere thingy adds to range. /Origin: Chao do indeed fall over when running, and if they do this while chasing a ball, the ball flies for miles, strangely.
After being knocked down: Chao does a small break dance, then gets back up/Effect: Generally weak attack/Origin: Chao have break dance as one of the dances the can learn.
Attack to get up an edge: Chao slides across the ground/Effect: Generally weak attack/Origin: Another sonic advance three thing. I think…
Gliding attack (Yes, this exists): Chao drops very fast/Effect: Medium strength, no knock back /Origin: Chao will do this if he collides with an attack while flying.

Glide: Yes, though not very well.
Crawl: Yes
Jumps: Three
Wall jump: No
Wall cling: No

Other animations:
Shield: A Chao cocoon (Doesn’t shrink, like Yoshi’s)/ Origin: The Chao cocoon is what envelope Chao when he is growing to adult/dying/reincarnating. It is shaped like a standard Chao head.
Stunned: Chao stands still with his eyes half closed/ Origin: This is what happens if you wake a Chao up. It looks kind of funny.
Side step: Chao giggles with a weird grin on his face, and jumps back waving his arms/ Origin: this is the Chao karate dodge.

Up taunt: Chao dances on his tiptoes with his arms in the air and giggles / Origin: Another Chao dance. I think it’s the step dance.
Side taunt: Chao raises one arm and one foot, and says something in a speech bubble/ Origin: On the tiny Chao garden, Chao says stuff occasionally, although on the GC version, he just makes funny noises. Examples from the tiny Chao garden are: “What’s politics? Should I care?” “Chaoman, Chaoman, defender of the good!” and “The Chao in the garden over there has more nuts then me”
Down Taunt: Chao pulls out an ice cream and eats it/ Origin: On sonic rush, on level select, cream and cheese will occasionally get board and eat an ice-cream.
Victory music (If separate, like meta-knights): A shortened version of the race results.
Victory 1: Chao holds a GBA, then punches his fist in the air/ Origin: On most handheld sonic games, Chao are depicted playing a GBA/DS, as well as the source of DS wi-fi. On the tiny Chao garden, the GBA controls mini games.
Victory 2: Chao does a complicated break dance, then backflip/ Origin: This is the victory dance for a Chao karate tournament.
Victory 3: Chao stands for a second, then keels over and goes to sleep. / Origin: Chao always do this, usually when you want to feed them…
Loss: Chao sits and claps, while rocking back and forth/ Origin: Chao will applaud other Chao after watching them sing/dance/play an instrument.

Alt colours/costumes
Normal: Standard, blue/yellow normal baby Chao
Blue Team: Adult Neutral Speed-Speed Chao (looks like sonic, black hands and toes)
Green Team: Adult Dark Speed Chao (looks like shadow, but with green head stripes, hands and toes)
Red Team: Knuckles Event Chao
Other: Adult Neutral Fly-Fly Chao (Knights Chao)
Other: Neutral Chaos Chao (Like chaos 0, but with a white body, hands and toes still blue)

Final Smash: Chaos 0 appears, absorbs the chaos emeralds, and transforms. While this is happening, watery tentacles and waterspouts disrupt the battlefield for low damage, while Chao points in the direction of the control stick. Once Chaos has finished transforming, it becomes chaos perfect and fires a laser where Chao is pointing. The laser does multiple hits, but medium knock back
Origin: Chaos is the protector of Chao, guardian of the chaos emeralds, and final boss of SADx. He uses his tentacles, tornadoes and a laser in the battle against super sonic.

That’s all.

I know I made a few things up and repeated a few things, but look at Captain falcon and Sonic. Nintendo is no better.

What do you think? Do you care? Are you still here?

As for the Shadow/Silver for SSB4 thing

Shadow: AT. If it was an alt, Wi-fi would be full of the damn thing

Silver: Who is silver anyway? He turned up on a non-nintendo game as a main character, a non-nintendo game as a main character, and a nintendo game as a near impossible multiplayer unlock.

Last edited:
It was a good moveset, lots of details but unfortunately as I have not played any Sonic games apart from the original 3 so I have no idea what a chao is and I'm in the "no more than one character per third parties" group so I'll say no. A+ for effort though!

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Chao:
Pros:
Is not Shadow
Is not Silver
Is not a generic sonic clone hedgehog with a bad backstory

If that's not the best damn reason I've ever heard, I don't know what is.

Cons:
Is the least likely character for SSB, excluding Master Chief

And Crash, Spyro, Sora, Cloud, PT's with new Pokemon, any of the Hunters, Naruto, Spongebob, Marill...

Blueties

Bluee~
I need Micaiah, or Sothe, and another F-zero character.

*Im a proud Ridley Hater*

Blueties

Bluee~
We? You sound like there are a lot of people that needs Ridley out of there.
And of top of that, that you are in a community or something that fans Ridley.
I feel sorry, but It wont happen. Ridley wont be a playable character.
At least, when I prayed for another FE character for brawl, it happened.

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem
We? You sound like there are a lot of people that needs Ridley out of there.

You obviously have no idea how many people want him playable.

And of top of that, that you are in a community or something that fans Ridley.

No, but we are in a board within a Pokemon community established for discussing about Nintendo, therefore to house threads of all sorts about Nintendo-based subjects, and it so happens that this thread is based around predictions for the fourth installment of Super Smash Bros. And, if you read the comment above, a very common prediction not only here, but across the Internet, is Ridley.

I feel sorry, but It wont happen. Ridley wont be a playable character.

Oh, I'm so very dearly sorry, Mr. Sakurai.

Status
Not open for further replies.