• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Smash Brothers 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueties

Bluee~
I want bomberman =>

Blueties

Bluee~
I want bomberman, megaman, and some square rep.
am I asking too much?

Xashlei

probably elsewhere
I want Soren in SSB4... not necessarily playable. He could be a decent Assist Trophy with a Lugia attack effect. Heck, I'd be fine with a collectible Soren. :[

More FE stuff for SSB4!

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
Why's that? Bomberman's got more legitimacy than half the crap that's thrown against the wall in this thread.

Honestly, can you come up with a legitimate moveset for Bomberman that doesn't have all four special moves as Bombs? He has one trick, at least Sonic has his homing attack.

BCVM22

Honestly, can you come up with a legitimate moveset for Bomberman that doesn't have all four special moves as Bombs? He has one trick, at least Sonic has his homing attack.

I find no value in brainstorming movesets, largely because there are people smarter than me getting paid fairly decently to do just that if the need arises.

However, on the subject of the point you are attempting to make, can you come up with a legitimate moveset for Captain Falcon that doesn't involve a vehicle? What about a legitimate moveset for Mr. Game and Watch? R.O.B.? Zelda? I'm surprised it has to be said again at this point in time, but the typical gameplay of a character's home franchise and/or the role a character has traditionally played in their home franchise should never be - and by all accounts has never been - a sticking point in making characters playable in the Smash series.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
However, on the subject of the point you are attempting to make, can you come up with a legitimate moveset for Captain Falcon that doesn't involve a vehicle? What about a legitimate moveset for Mr. Game and Watch? R.O.B.? Zelda? I'm surprised it has to be said again at this point in time, but the typical gameplay of a character's home franchise and/or the role a character has traditionally played in their home franchise should never be - and by all accounts has never been - a sticking point in making characters playable in the Smash series.

True, but none of those characters ever fought on-screen in their own universes (with the exception of Zelda, but all she did was shoot an arrow at Ganon). Bomberman actually fights and is the main character of his own universe, and we know what he can do. If he really had to, like Olimar, Mario, Luigi, Pikachu and others, he could of course do simple punches and kicks, but all of his other moves would have to be bombs. You honestly don't even have to think up a whole moveset to realize that.

BCVM22

You honestly don't even have to think up a whole moveset to realize that.

And conversely, there is limitless precedent to indicate that the development and design staff have absolutely no problem creating complete movesets for characters that might seem to be limited in what components of a moveset they can draw from their home franchises. I can't at all see how it could possibly be a prohibitive factor in selecting playable characters at the developmental level.

woot21

super noob
You honestly don't even have to think up a whole moveset to realize that.
Who know Cpt. Falcon could FAAALCOOONE PAUNCH!!!!!? Or that Fox could spontaneously combust. Try a new argument. Almost as bad as Ridley is too big.

woot21 out dawgs

Manaphy Mare

1000 Words
I could think of a few 3rd party characters for them to put in...

Sonic the Hedgehog:
Cream the Rabbit (Imagine Snake being beaten senseless by a six-year-old bunny and her pet Chao)
Amy Rose (she is, in a way, Sonic's Peach so she would, in theory be put in the next one)
Dr. Eggman (similar reasoning to Amy)
Sonic the Hedgehog

Square games:
Sora
Kairi (after all she is Sora's Peach)
Riku
One or two of the other Princesses of heart (imagine Ganondorf being massacred by Snow White or Sleaping Beauty)
Cloud

Metal Gear:
Snake

BCVM22

Sonic the Hedgehog:
Cream the Rabbit (Imagine Snake being beaten senseless by a six-year-old bunny and her pet Chao)
Amy Rose (she is, in a way, Sonic's Peach so she would, in theory be put in the next one)

Square games:
Sora
Kairi (after all she is Sora's Peach)
Riku
One or two of the other Princesses of heart (imagine Ganondorf being massacred by Snow White or Sleaping Beauty)
Cloud

Metal Gear:
Snake

The answer to all of these is a resounding "no" for various reasons.

I recommend you feel shame of moderate levels for suggesting them. Get to it.

stardust

I'm Mega Man!!!
I could think of a few 3rd party characters for them to put in...

Sonic the Hedgehog:
Sonic the Hedgehog

Let's not ruin Smash Bros. just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.