• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Smash Brothers 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I would like Pichu and MewTwo back if they do another one.

Pichu? Why would anybody in their right mind want Pichu back? He was a bad clone of Pikachu.

And Mewtwo doesn't have the greatest chance either, since Pokemon is an ever changing series. (Pokemon-wise)

fhqwhgads

Louie
Geno?
Little Mac
Saki
Isaac
Thats all I can think of
You...you really think Geno, Saki, and Isaac are first-party?

Wat.
Hmm....its hard to decide who will get the drop of the two Pokemon Characters. Meh, if they count PT as three, hopefully squirtle. He's the one PT Pokemon I don't play as.
I actually play as Charizard, Ivysaur, and Lucario a lot.
Oh, and R.O.B. better not get the drop. He and Rocket Slime (which i knew had little chance but...) were my two most supported Brawl characters.

Gidieon

Dragon Guardian
Needs-More-Cowbell.jpg

On topic: Then again, now that I have had the chance to think about my custom music post, that generally was a stupid thing of me to say and something Nindendo shouldn't do. BCVM22, fogive my stupidity.

fhqwhgads

woot21

super noob
Since when was there an official standard for third-party characters being able to get in? If Brawl told you anything, you should know better than this. If there was, both Sonic and Snake wouldn't be in the game at all if there was some type of standard of quality and importance and we would have someone like Pacman/Megaman/Goemon/etc. instead.
Snake was in as a personal favor to a friend, Pacman, Megaman, and Goemon wouldn't be. People have wanted to see a Mario vs. Sonic fight since the 90's, plus the good relationship between Sega and Nintendo now, plus Sonic is/was important to Nintendo's history. Which all adds up to reason enough for Sonic to be in Brawl.
On topic: If any non-video game character should get in, it should be Chuck Norris. He may be old meme now, but damn he's awesome.
Screw Chuck Norris, give me Rax Grissman.
The hell would they drop Squirtle for? Use your common sense.
Because he can Shellshift, which is an AT that can make him a better character for advanced players? Only reason I can think of. Seeing as Samus lost her super-wavedash, and so did Pika. And Luigi lost wavedashing, along with everyone else.

woot21 out dawgs

Smash List
(Super Mario Brothers and Yoshi’s Island)
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Roslina

(Wario Ware)
Wario
Mona

(Legend of Zelda)
Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf(with new moveset)
Adult Midna
WW Link*

(R.O.B)
R.O.B*

(Golden Sun)
Isaac

(Pokemon)
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer(Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle)
Jigglypuff
Giovanni(Rhyhorn, Nidoking, Persian)*
Lucario*

(Kirby)
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight

(Metroid)
Samus/Zero suit Samus

(Star Fox)
Fox McCloud
Falco Lombardi*
Wolf O’Donnell*

(F-Zero)
Captian Falcon

(Trace Memory)
Ashley Robbins

(Room Dusk: 301)
Kyle Hyde

(Pikmins)
Captian Olimar and Pikmins

(Hanafuda Cards)
Rainman*

(Advance Wars)
Will
Tasha
(Kid Icarus)
Pit

(Mother)
Ness
Lucas
Claus*

(Ballon Fight/Kid)
Balloon Kid

(Donkey Kong series)
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King R. Rool*

(Custom Robo)
RAY MK II

(Game and Watch)
Mr.Game & Watch*

(Joy Mech Fight)
Sukapon*

(Nazo no Murasame-jo)
Takamura

(Shin Oni Ga Shima)
48.Hikari & Donbe*

(Sin and Punishment)
Saki Amamiya

(Star Tropics)
Mike Jones

(Fire Emblem)
Ike
.Black Knight*
Marth*

(IceClimbers)
IceClimbers

(Captian Rainbow)
Captian Rainbow

(Animal Crossing)
Boy

(Punch Out)
Little Mac

meh, hate it or like it.

Snake was in as a personal favor to a friend, Pacman, Megaman, and Goemon wouldn't be.
Why not? It's completely possible that Sakurai is a friend with a game developer who created those series and would be requested to put the character in the game just as much as Snake. Any possibility is possible. Plus I wasn't comparing Snake to them, as unlike them Snake isn't the mascot of his company. I was comparing them to the fact that they are all better quality characters than Sonic is aesthetically and hold more relevance in the gaming industry back then and even now today than Sonic ever could.
People have wanted to see a Mario vs. Sonic fight since the 90's, plus the good relationship between Sega and Nintendo now, plus Sonic is/was important to Nintendo's history. Which all adds up to reason enough for Sonic to be in Brawl.
So what makes some idiot think people don't want to see Sora or Travis Touchdown in Brawl? Bad choices is the reason? Well as I said, if that was the case Sonic wouldn't be in this game as I explained. Yes, back in the 90's, Sonic was Mario's rival. That's clearly a fact. But the key phrase here is "back in the 90's." We live in the new millenium now, where the quality of Sonic's games have gone horribly down while Mario continues to stay strong in just about every fanbase possible, with Sonic not even trying to compete with Mario anymore. Sonic's level of importance in this day and age mirrors the level of importance that ****ing Crash Bandicoot has to Nintendo, which is pretty bad.

Just admit to the fact that Sonic's inclusion in Brawl is just as warranted as any possible other character and other choices would've had a lot more relevance, quality, and overall good stance compared to Sonic when you look at the selection we have to choose from. Sonic over Cloud? Sure, that's understandable. Sonic over Pacman? No way in hell Sonic has importance over a character like that.

woot21

super noob
Sonic's level of importance in this day and age mirrors the level of importance that ****ing Crash Bandicoot has to Nintendo, which is pretty bad.
I'm sorry but that statement is ludicrous. Sonic isn't a failed video game character, yet. Gamers still get their hopes up every time a new Sonic game comes out that it will be as good as the older ones. Crash, gamers don't even care about his games, people still do about Sonic games.

Comparing Sonic to Pac-Man, he has one advantage, he still has games coming out, that people know about. Who here has heard of Pac-Man Carnival? Anyone? Apparently it came out on New Year's Eve '07 in Japan, and is scheduled for '09 in the US, according to Wikipedia (so I wouldn't trust it). My point is at least people have heard about Sonic Unleashed, Chronicles, and Black Knight. Doesn't matter if the games are good they are at least known.

Which is where Mega Man and Goemon come in. Goemon's last game was an '05 release, from what I found. It was also a Japanese only game I'm going to assume, since I really can't recall the last time I've heard about a Mystical Ninja game. Now Mega Man, I think he had a game come out recently. I game that people have been waiting for, a game that returned to the routes of the Mega Man series. You know Mega Man 9. The Mega Man games are games that people know about when they come out, and if it isn't one of the RPG-like ones, gets core gamers excited. It means a challenging game is coming, a game that is meant to test us. I don't know how excited Japan gets excited over a new Goemon game, but I'll be completely honest with you, of the four series we are discussing here, a new Mega Man game would get me, and most other gamers, the most excited. Meaning it would be a lot more marketable. And that is something to take into consideration, of the five third party characters discussed in my post. Which of them would be most marketable if added to a Smash Bros. game?

Now for TSC roster... but before that:
56 characters is a little too much. Take 6 out atleast.
Too much variety for you Alzi?

Now then to the roster...
I don't see any new variation of the PT happening, so Giovanni is a character that seems highly unlikely. If AC gets a rep I feel it might one of the more iconic characters of the series and as such one of the NPCs, such as Nook, Resetti, or K.K. Lack of Ridley disturbs me some. Also, no 3rd parties? Overall a pretty decent roster, some I don't know enough about to comment on, so I'll let them slide.

woot21 out dawgs

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
56 characters is a little too much. Take 6 out atleast.

I suppose you find 56 characters to be a hefty amount.

as for the suggestions: I doubt that Giovanni will be a playable. I dont neccesarily hate the idea, but PT is already a good enough choice.
Lack of Ridley is odd, but i'll let that slide.
And there were atleast five characters I don't know about but due to my lack of knowledge of those characters, i'll let them slide aswell.
Pretty much a decent roster. Better than some of the other rosters ive seen here.

Now for TSC roster... :

I don't see any new variation of the PT happening, so Giovanni is a character that seems highly unlikely. If AC gets a rep I feel it might one of the more iconic characters of the series and as such one of the NPCs, such as Nook, Resetti, or K.K. Lack of Ridley disturbs me some. Also, no 3rd parties? Overall a pretty decent roster, some I don't know enough about to comment on, so I'll let them slide.

woot21 out dawgs

Only reason I put Gio in is that PKM needs a bad guy character. It could also be D/P bad guy too but then PT needs be the D/P one.

As for AC, it just putted him in there. no reason.

I figured Ridley be a boss again. I like him as a boss.

I could put 3rd parties in but that will create too many shitstorms over who should and who shouldn't be in.

But if ya wanted my opinion. This be bit ridiculous but just for fun:
Lara Craft
Pac Man
Mr. Bad Frosty Snowman
Terry Bogard
Duke Nukum

:p

I'm sorry but that statement is ludicrous. Sonic isn't a failed video game character, yet. Gamers still get their hopes up every time a new Sonic game comes out that it will be as good as the older ones. Crash, gamers don't even care about his games, people still do about Sonic games.
Uh, what? Lol, have you been living under the rock? Just about every sensible gamer knows NOT to expect Sonic games are going to be good, just as much as recent Crash games. While at the same time, every little kid or some teenage idort would love both Sonic and Crash pretty equally. You should get out more. Both series had a few good games at first and was rivals to Mario during their time to shine, but gone horribly downhill. It's a perfect comparision.
Comparing Sonic to Pac-Man, he has one advantage, he still has games coming out, that people know about.
I'm pretty sure people still know about Pacman games. Pacman CHampinship Edition for example is highly rated and a new Pacman game. Plus any kid knows about both characters equally. The only difference is that Sonic has commercials and his own cartoon/etc. to his name.
Who here has heard of Pac-Man Carnival? Anyone? Apparently it came out on New Year's Eve '07 in Japan, and is scheduled for '09 in the US, according to Wikipedia (so I wouldn't trust it).
What? I'm pretty sure wikipeda is a perfectly fine source, especially when most of the time every little thing it says is sourced by an official source.

My point is at least people have heard about Sonic Unleashed, Chronicles, and Black Knight. Doesn't matter if the games are good they are at least known.
And people know about Pacman games too. The difference is, at least the Pacman games have some type of merit to them, while Sonic games pretend to and just end up looking foolish in the longrun.
Which is where Mega Man and Goemon come in. Goemon's last game was an '05 release, from what I found. It was also a Japanese only game I'm going to assume, since I really can't recall the last time I've heard about a Mystical Ninja game. Now Mega Man, I think he had a game come out recently. I game that people have been waiting for, a game that returned to the routes of the Mega Man series. You know Mega Man 9. The Mega Man games are games that people know about when they come out, and if it isn't one of the RPG-like ones, gets core gamers excited. It means a challenging game is coming, a game that is meant to test us. I don't know how excited Japan gets excited over a new Goemon game, but I'll be completely honest with you, of the four series we are discussing here, a new Mega Man game would get me, and most other gamers, the most excited. Meaning it would be a lot more marketable. And that is something to take into consideration, of the five third party characters discussed in my post. Which of them would be most marketable if added to a Smash Bros. game?
Most marketable? Pacman probably. Yes over Sonic as I explained. Pacman is legendary and revolutionary to the whole gaming industry, while Sonic was just pretty cool at first but embarassed itself in the long run. Goemon is the mascot of Konami so if there was REALLY rules to whether certain characters would make it in, Goemon would've made it in instead of Snake. Goemon over Sonic may be debatable, but they're pretty much on equal levels when it comes to the Japan audience, plus at least Goemon has consistent quality throughout his series without trying too hard.

With Megaman, yeah, I'd say he's fairly damn popular and reconizable. Even the EXE series isn't as bad as people say. Megaman has a fairly kind of...consistent quality but not much changes in between it's sequels. Which is bothersome, but much better than the horrible quality Sonic has with each sequel coming into play. This is why Megaman is more deserving than Sonic would be.

BCVM22

Only reason I put Gio in is that PKM needs a bad guy character. It could also be D/P bad guy too but then PT needs be the D/P one.

They've avoided duplicating the specialty characters through three iterations thus far, and rightly so, as by making such decisions they avoid turning them into gimmicks. Additionally, Pokémon doesn't "need" a "bad guy" character.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Okay, you guys lost me.

What's so bad about custom music? If some kid wants to listen to emo-punk trash in their game, it should be their choice, right?

Or at least, custom music for custom stages shouldn't be out of the question.

Okay, you guys lost me.

What's so bad about custom music? If some kid wants to listen to emo-punk trash in their game, it should be their choice, right?

Or at least, custom music for custom stages shouldn't be out of the question.
There's no problem with it as I and others specifically stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.