• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Smash Brothers 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Chaos

my hands are bananas
Normally I would say how "opinions can't be wrong blah blah blah..." but I really want to know, Random Chaos, do you really think Rhyperior would be a good character?

Yes Rhyperior, would be about slow but a Powerful fighter. He would be an awesome Smasher

Spacial Attacks

[B Megahorn], Rhyperior will rev up when you hold down the the B button. When you realise it. Rhyperior will charge putting that horn down sending opponents flaying.

[Smash B] Furry Attack, Quick close range attacks with the horn

[Down B] Hammer Arm , Baskiley a more powerful version of DK's Headbutt

[Up B] Rock Climb, Rock appear out of thin air and Rhyperior will climb up them, creating an avalanche blow

[Final Smash] Rock Wrecker, Rhyperior shots many boulders from it's hands. That cause massive damige and knockback

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Yes Rhyperior, would be about slow but a Powerful fighter. He would be an awesome Smasher

Spacial Attacks

[B Megahorn], Rhyperior will rev up when you hold down the the B button. When you realise it. Rhyperior will charge putting that horn down sending opponents flaying.

[Down B] Hammer Arm , Baskiley a more powerful version of DK's Headbutt

[Finle Smash] Rock Wrecker, Rhyperior shots many boulders from it's hands. That cause massive damige and knockback

First off, no character has just Special Moves in their moveset.

Second, like Sogeking said, it is not a question of whether the character is a good battler or not. Rather, it is meant for representation of the franchise he/she/it is a part of. As such, the character must be one that has been given a lot of attention to. We have the Protagonists, Antagonists, money-grabbing popular characters, and the traditional WTF character that is the sole representative of his/her/its franchise. Now, where does Rhyperior, a generic above-average competitive battler of a franchise with 500+ characters, fit into these requirements?

Well, by saying opinions can't be wrong, I mean that they can't be right either, but then that doesn't make for good discussions, does it?

Yeah, the great debates of the world today wouldn't be as fun without them. :)

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Simply put, Random Chaos, Rhyperior is just as viable a fighter as every other 492 Pokemon. The ones who are in already have good other reasons for being so. Pikachu is pretty self-explanatory (I should hope), Jigglypuff is similarly so in Japan (at least when SSB was made, and it's pretty clear that they're not removing those twelve characters anytime soon), Pokemon Trainer is, well, the perfect representative of the games themselves (as opposed to Pikachu, who does that for the franchise as a whole), and Lucario was a fairly big deal in the games, as well as the anime, and was quite popular and recent for his inclusion. Rhyperior doesn't even hold a candle to a single one of those.

Random Chaos said:

Good Lord, somebody please please please tell me that Gargomon is still banned.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
so here is the line up i came up with.

* = unconkable
mario: Mario, luigi*, princess peach, bowser, bowser jr.*, princess daisy*, mellow*, toad & toadette*

zelda: Link, zelda/sheik, ganon*, toon link*, valiti*, minda*

pokémon: Pikachu, pokémon trainer1, piplup*, lucario*, gardevoir, rhyperior*

kirby: Kirby, meta knight, king dedede, gooey*, knuckle joe*

screw attack: Samus/zero-sute samus, ridley

starfox: Fox, falco*, krystal, wolf*

donkey kong: Donkey kong, diddy kong, dixie kong*, funky kong*

earthbond: Ness, lucis

fire emblem: Marth*, ike, lyn, black knight*

other: Yoshi, captain falcon* , ice climbers, pit, wario, pikmin & olimar, r.o.b.*, saki amamiya*, mr. Resetti, mii*

3rd party: Solid snake*, sonic*, earthworm jim*, mega man* and cloud strife*

1 pokémon trainer stays in the background while the player takes direct control of squirtle, grovyle, or charizard. The set is listed under the name "pokémon trainer". The player may choose which pokémon to begin playing with, and can switch during the battle.

gtfo... Now!!!

Random Chaos

my hands are bananas
First off, no character has just Special Moves in their moveset.

Second, like Sogeking said, it is not a question of whether the character is a good battler or not. Rather, it is meant for representation of the franchise he/she/it is a part of. As such, the character must be one that has been given a lot of attention to. We have the Protagonists, Antagonists, money-grabbing popular characters, and the traditional WTF character that is the sole representative of his/her/its franchise. Now, where does Rhyperior, a generic above-average competitive battler of a franchise with 500+ characters, fit into these requirements?

Yeah, the great debates of the world today wouldn't be as fun without them. :)

1. I know I'm jut to lazy to mome up with normal moves

2. A powerfull pokemon that looks like he sould be the main Pokemon of every bad guy out there also Bartha and Palmer have Rhyperiors. That's somthing

Copygoo

Page of Heart
So here is the line up I came up with.

* = Unconkable
Mario: Mario, Luigi*, Princess Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.*, Princess Daisy* Sports moveset, Mellow*Mallow, and as much as I want him no. Geno has a much better chance, Toad & Toadette*Why? They were only together in Mario Kart DD. And, when has Toad ever actually fought?

Zelda: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganon*, Toon Link*Will be replaced by newer rendition of Link, Valiti*Vaati, fool, Minda*Only if in another game, and even then not likely.

Pokémon: Pikachu, Pokémon Trainer1, Piplup* Reason?, Lucario*Will be replaced by 5th gen poke, Gardevoir Reason?, Rhyperior* Reason?

Kirby: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Gooey*Only playable in one game, no chance, Knuckle Joe*He was only important in the anime. Why would he be a playable character?

Screw Attack: Samus/Zero-Suit Samus, Ridley

Starfox: Fox, Falco*, Krystal, Wolf*, Leon

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong*Diddy clone, Funky Kong*Donkey clone.

Earthbond: Ness, Lucas, Claus

Fire Emblem: Marth*, Ike, Lyn meh, Black Knight* Reason?

Other: Yoshi, Captain Falcon* , Ice Climbers, Pit, Wario, Pikmin & Olimar, R.O.B.*, Saki Amamiya*, Mr. Resetti Give me 3 good reasons besides his trash talk, Mii* Once again, give me 3 good reasons.

3rd Party: Solid Snake*, Sonic*, Earthworm Jim* Who?, Mega Man* and Cloud Strife*FS character, no chance.

1 Pokémon Trainer stays in the background while the player takes direct control of Squirtle, Grovyle, or Charizard. The set is listed under the name "Pokémon Trainer". The player may choose which Pokémon to begin playing with, and can switch during the battle.

My new roster rating:

A
B
C
D
F
Random Chaos

I would've given him a F, but he forgot Jiggly.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

2. A powerfull pokemon that looks like he sould be the main Pokemon of every bad guy out there also Bartha and Palmer have Rhyperiors. That's somthing

1. No character will be taken seriously if there is not a complete moveset to go with. (Tails and Knuckles for S*shot*)

2. Palmer and Bertha are two NPC's, two very minor characters. And Rhyperior=Bad Man's Main Pokemon is an opinion. I, on the other hand, imagine any Rhyperior to belong with an anti-hero like character in the game. But how does Rhyperior compare with the mascot of the franchise, a bouncy ball that was insanely popular in Japan and even got regular cameos in the anime, and an Anubis copy that got it's own movie, and has been showcased in an anime arc, two if the recently acquired episode predictions are correct?

Blazios

1) Learn to spell.
2) I'm not even going near that roster.
3) I'm afraid that "looks like he sould be the main Pokemon of every bad guy out there", even spelled correctly, is nought but baseless opinion.
4) The fact that Palmer and Bertha have Rhyperiors means little (For one, Palmer's sucks :p).

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

No, that's nothing. Rhyperior is not a super popular pokemon. The only ones that get in is the star Pokemon of the current generation, and stars of the franchise. Any Pokemon can get in based on available movesets, and Pokemon will be kept to 4-5 reps. Your ideas are bad, just accept it.

Will be replaced by newer rendition of Link
I'm not sure if he will, I don't think that there will be a new incarnation of Link. The normal Link style suits adult Link well, but not so m uch young Link. I think they will have the two art styles, one for old Link and one for young ~Link and if they want to distinguish a change from the different games then they use the same art style but in a different way, I.E. cell-shaded with a dark atmosphere.

I would've given him a F, but he forgot Jiggly.
Plus he lumped Yoshi, Capt. Falcon and Wario under "other". It urks me when people do that.

1. No character will be taken seriously if there is not a complete moveset to go with.

This I completely disagree with. While it certainly makes arguments more credible, anything can have a moveset made out of it. Hell, in under 5 seconds I came up with half of a moveset for Mary Poppins Umbrella, and yes, that was the first thing that came to my mind, don't ask me why.

Fine fright Rhyperior

...What?

Last edited:

Random Chaos

my hands are bananas
Is this Better?

[Mario: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.

Zelda: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganon

Pokémon: Pikachu, Lucario

Kirby: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede

Metroid: Samus/Zero-Sute Samus, Ridley

Starfox: Fox, Wolf

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong

Earthbond: Ness, Lucis

Fire Emblem: Marth, Ike, Black Knight

Other: Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Pit, Wario, Saki Amamiya, Mr. Resetti

3rd Party: Solid Snake, Sonic,and Cloud Strife
/SPOILER]

Blazios

You still have Cloud on there, who will never be playable in a Smash Bros. game, until he appears as a MAIN CHARACTER on a NINTENDO console game.

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Is this Better?

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Bowser Jr.

Pokémon: Pikachu, Lucario You forgot Jigglypuff AGAIN!!! And we still have the PT

Starfox: Fox, Wolf Falco

Earthbond: Ness, Lucas

Other: Yoshi, Ice Climbers, Pit, Wario, Saki Amamiya, Mr. ResettiAgain, Animal Crossing=non-violence

Olimar? Capt. Falcon?

35 characters total, the same as SSBB. Hmmm. Lack of Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, and Falco.

Someone else rate this. I'm wary of backlash.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Random Chaos said:
Is this Better?

/SPOILER]
I can't really say if it's "better", seeing as I didn't look at the first one.

I CAN tell you that it's definitely not good, if that's any solace.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Is this Better?

/SPOILER]
Why is Cloud on there? You're forgetting characters as well. Besides Lucario, Toon Link and maybe Ike, all the previous characters are staying. And Ganon is just Ganondorf's final smash.

BCVM22

I'm not sure if he will, I don't think that there will be a new incarnation of Link.

Link (the Smash fighter) will always reflect his design in the most recent core Zelda title. SSB/Melee Link was Ocarina-based, Brawl Link is Twilight-based.

The ever-changing atmosphere of the various Zelda incarnations dicates that there will almost always be some different type of Link that can fill the second role. Melee simply used Young Link as he was depicted in the N64 games. Brawl was fortunate enough to have Toon Link available as a character. Had Toon Link not existed or had he not been recent enough, they could have just as easily used Wolf Link or some other reflection of Twilight Princess.

Is this Better?

No, because you still insist upon including Cloud Strife.

Status
Not open for further replies.