• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Smash Brothers 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

empoleon1720

Is amused.
All right, Part 2 of my new character moveset, even if they won't make it in. Again, if you don't like the character, screw off, just rate the moves for this particular character then.

[SIZE="4" [B]KNUCKLES FOR SSB4!![/B][/SIZE]

Power: 4
Speed: 3
Knockback: 3
Wall Cling: Yes
Glide: Yes

Entrance: Pops out from underground in ball form. Complete with 16-bit graphic debris from Sonic 3

A: Punch
AA: One-two Punch
AAA: Extended Punch
<>A: Kick
^A: Fist up into the air
VA: Low kick
Dash A: Spin Punch (The one he uses in the Adventure Titles)
Smash <>A: Iron-clad Punch, like Mario's in the original SSB
Smash ^A: Drill claw into the air. Multi-strike
Smash VA: Slams fists into the ground, causing an aftershock. Fists and Shockwave both cause damage, but the fists are stronger.
Aerial A: Traditional spinball
Aerial >A: Extends both arms out and does a series of sideway spins.
Aerial ^A: Headbutt, like Bowser's
Aerial <A: Extends Left arm behind him to attack
Aerial VA: Clasps fists together and slams them down downward. Heavy Damage.

Y: Spinball Jump
YY: Another Spinball jump

B: Fire uppercut
<>B: Flying Headbutt (No charge). Goes into ball form and rolls a distance as soon as he makes contact into ground. Until then, no other buttons can be pressed (Fall-stance of sorts, but not his regular one)
^B: 360 Degree uppercut, then goes into a glide. Can change direction during the glide.(Sonic Advance 3)
VB: Digs into the ground, popping up a second after and a distance away from the original position, depending on where the Control Stick/Pad is pressed. If performed in the air, he uses a Drill Claw to plummet down into the ground. Cannot be used on thin platforms (i.e. Battlefield platforms)
FS: I have two choices for this one. Tell me which one you want.
1) Transforms into Hyper Knuckles through the power of the Master Emerald (Yes, I know that it was the Chaos (or Hyper, if you prefer) Emeralds that did that, but Sonic has them. Stays powered up for 20 seconds, and his power is increased, his speed is slighly higher, but he can still take damage, but does not flinch. He still uses his regular moves, like Wario.
2) Jumps to center stage, and dives down to punch the ground with tremendous force. The resulting shockwave paralyzes opponents, and at the point of the collision, a series of "lava balls", for lack of a better term, that continues for 10 seconds. Very large range, and Knuckles cannot move for the duration of the move. The start of the attack is instantaneous, hardly leaving time to react to avoid the attack.

ZA: Undercut into the gut.
Z>: Retracts, then gives three blows to the opponent, the third producing knockback
Z^: Throws up, and does an uppercut.
Z<: Thrusts the opponent right over his head.
ZV: Slams the opponent to the ground, and beats the opponent down with three punches.

Stall 1: Swings his right arm in circles.
Stall 2: Looks behind him, and faces forward again.

^Taunt: Cracks his kunckles
<>Taunt: Assumes the pose from completinng an act in Sonic 3
VTaunt: Pulls the Master Emerald and checks to see if it's broken in any way.

Victory 1: Finishing pose in SA2, saying the words "Too cool."
Victory 2: Mimics his opening scene in Sonic 3: Bursts from the ground, crosses his arms, and grins.
Victory 3: Throws his arm into the air, shouting the phrase "No contest."

Classic Ending Theme: Unknown from M.E
All-Star Ending Theme: Pumpkin Hill

.....That one was harder than the Tails moveset, and I'm not to happy with this one. Hopefully you guys say different. ^_^[/QUOTE]

I know it's been 2 days ago, but it's a very good idea.
The only improvement is knuckles has a speed of 4 or 5, because 3 is just too little. (unless it's 3/5 instead of 3/10) And he has more power than 4, (again, unless it's 4/5 instead of 4/10) Oh, and I like Final Smash No. 2.
Overall, your moveset deserves a 10/10. P.S. sorry about the argument we had, I shouldn't have gotten all worked up about it.

But, How come people don't like tails? He's pretty reasonable for SSB4.
(reasonable, meaning, It's not like it's Tabuu, which was a dumb idea I came up with before.) So, just like Sonic Boom said, if you don't like the character, screw off, (but I technacally made the moveset so "un-crappy"-(for lack of better term,) that you will probably see how he could work.)) - not to brag.
..... well, here's his new moveset that I made. Tell me if you like it. (I know, he probably won't make it in, but I feel bored, and I just want to show you how tails might work.

[CENTER][SIZE="4"]Miles ("Tails") Prower[/SIZE][/CENTER] (Click Spoiler for Moveset)

Speed: 7/10
Power: 6/10
Projectile: none
Weight Class: Low-Medium
Wall Cling: no

Entrance into beggining of battle: Quickly comes down from above,(out of nowhere) using his tails to propel him down at a fast pace.

A: Quick punch
AA: Quick punch, then hits with his....bottom, like peach's <B> move, only at shorter range and at the blink of an eye.
AAA: Quick punch, hits with butt, then twirls quickly, then bit**slaps (please excuse my french) opponent. (Does not multihit or continue process)
<A>: Quick bit**slap. (It means to slap using the back of your hand.)
Up A: Tail Drills up into air, but Miles does not come off the ground.
Down A: Miles ducks slightly, then spins his tails around him once. Has somewhat medium range.
<Smash>: automatically (and very quickly) turns around, charges tail, then drills it behind him dramatically.
Up Smash: Charges (Gets ready to jump, sort of,) then does back/front flip, quickly kicking opponent right when tails is 180 degrees in air.
Down smash: Miles charges at a twisted body pose, (Not the kind of "Creepy" twisted, I mean the literal form.) while ducking slightly, then spins his tails quickly around him, 2 times.
Aerial A: Traditional spinball, like sonic's.
Aerial <A>: Hits oppenent with... bottom. (like peach's, only alot quicker along with shorter range)
Aerial Up A: Does a midair front/back flip, then hits opponent with Mile's foot.
Aerial Down A: quickly turns upside down, then spins tails, in a helocopter-type way, (only downwards.) WARNING! if the move is used when miles is too close to the ground, move may fail, (kind of like when King DeDeDe hits the ceiling of the stage after using his recovery move, again, only downwards.
Jump: Spinball jump
Double Jump: another spinball jump
B: Quick karate chop (maybe not the best move, but if you can come up with something different, let me know.)
<B>: Throws arms in front of him, slapping them together.
Up B: (Obviously) Miles has his tails propel him thru the air. The recovery move is like DK's, only it has more vertical distance.
Down B: Mile's tails point against the ground, then the tails twirl, trying to get thru the ground, (only they don't) and it's kind of like a drill, only, again, they fail to get thru the ground, and, after a short time, Miles will then do the splits after trying hard to drill his tails thru the ground. If used in Midair, He quickly cuts (drills, if you prefer,) thru the air, damaging anything in his path.
ZA: Grabs opponent with 1 hand, then pokes opponenent's eyes with his 2 fingers (with other hand) also, can multihit.
Z>: Retracts, then punches opponent 2 times, then kicks, producing a knockback.
<Z: Does not cause damage. Miles Grabs opponent, then places leg on opponent, (sideways, still,) then kicks off from opponent, producing a knockback to the opponent.
Z Up: Miles throws opponent above him, then, his tails spin upwards, against the opponent.
Z Down: Miles grabs opponent, (and then, all of the sudden, a 16-bit computor grows up from the ground, with Dr. Eggman on it, (It's from the sonic series, for all who don't know)) then he quickly takes the opponent up into the air, then slams opponent against the computor, taking 25% damage, and an high upward knockback. (This move is very dramatic, and somewhat funny.)
Up taunt: Does a flip and shows the "piece" gesture. (From the victory scene after winning a Zone/Stage in the sonic series)
<Side> tuant: does a slow spin, then punches upward, showing happiness/victory, while smiling (This move can cause damage, or make opponent flinch, like Luigi's one tuant. )
Down tuant: Miles slightly ducks down, then does a (counterclockwise) flashy spin of his tails, and then smiles, with his right arm giving a thumbs up.
Stall 1: Miles winds up his tails, immitating that of what a windup toy would do. It would look like he's getting ready for a race.
Stall 2: Miles scratches his head, then looks around.
Final Smash: (Name- Miles Prowler) Miles (dramatically, and quickly) winds up his tail for 3 seconds, and then that's when the smash activates. It Is exactly like that of sonic's, only his tails are propeling him thru the air. Miles can Blast thru anyone in his path, usually KO'ing them.
Victory 1: From far out in the distance, Miles quickly lands into scene after his tail-propeled flight, and then makes a flashy, cool pose, then smiles with arms bent into waist.
Victory 2: Miles leans against the victory sign, (the one you see after completing a stage/zone in the sonic series,) grinning.
Victory 3: Miles Throws/punches his arm upward in the air, (kind of like his Up Taunt,) as a signal of victory/happiness.

Now do you think he quailifys to be on the main character list in SSB4?
Well, I hope you think differently about Miles "Tails" Prower!
Remember to tell me how I did! This post took forever to think up!

Last edited:
Link (the Smash fighter) will always reflect his design in the most recent core Zelda title. SSB/Melee Link was Ocarina-based, Brawl Link is Twilight-based.

The ever-changing atmosphere of the various Zelda incarnations dicates that there will almost always be some different type of Link that can fill the second role. Melee simply used Young Link as he was depicted in the N64 games. Brawl was fortunate enough to have Toon Link available as a character. Had Toon Link not existed or had he not been recent enough, they could have just as easily used Wolf Link or some other reflection of Twilight Princess.

Eh, I didn't word it that well and I can't be bothered to re explain my self, but I was talking about the main Zelda games rather than the SSB series. Though, it's really just one of those things that we have to wait and see.

Eh, screw it. I'm going to do a roster.

*=Secret character,you know the jazz.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Geno*

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Yoshi:
Yoshi (Who else?)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon*

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Pokemon Trainer(the orginal(sp?))
Popular 5th gen Pokemon*

LOZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*
Some new incarnation of Link(If not,Toon Link)

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Mother:
Lucas
Ness*
Masked Man*(If relevant by then)

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley*
Omega Metroid*

Wario:
Wario

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth*
New FE Lord

Other:
Olimar & Pikmin
Pit
Game & Watch*
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic

Go on,rip it to shreds. I know I forgot something but I don't know.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Geno*

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Yoshi:
Yoshi (Who else?)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon*

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Popular 5th gen Pokemon*

LOZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Mother:
Lucas
Ness*

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley*
Omega Metroid*

Wario:
Wario

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth*
New FE Lord

Other:
Olimar & Pikmin
Pit
Game & Watch*
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic

It's okay, the main problem for me is the lack of new series.

Copygoo

Page of Heart

Mario:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Geno*

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Yoshi:
Yoshi (Who else?)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon*

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Popular 5th gen Pokemon*

LOZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Mother:
Lucas
Ness*

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley*
Omega Metroid*

Wario:
Wario

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth*
New FE Lord

Other:
Olimar & Pikmin
Pit
Game & Watch*
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic

Missing: Paper Mario (Yesyesyesyesyes, I know already Sonic Boom), Krystal, Marx, Leon, Megaman, Saki.

RATING: *drumroll*

B+

Comment: n00bs should follow in your footsteps, but you need some more new chars from new series.

EDIT: Hey, I gots a rank-up!

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'd point out Pikachu, but he seems to be an exception.

Except Pokemon has the good fortune of having a very successful anime to use a marketing strategy. Pokemon will have at least 13 years under its belt, whereas Kirby has only 1.

Empoleon, it is rated on a scale of 5. And your Tails moveset is fine, but I'd be an unfair rater, since it's comparing to mine :). I'll look at it again and spot any critical points for me to take note of.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Geno*

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Yoshi:
Yoshi (Who else?)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon*

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Popular 5th gen Pokemon*

LOZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Mother:
Lucas
Ness*

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley*
Omega Metroid*

Wario:
Wario

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth*
New FE Lord

Other:
Olimar & Pikmin
Pit
Game & Watch*
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic

Like Tangelax, the only thing I spotted was the lack of any new franchises.

EDIT:

Knuckles with glide... yeah, sure X[

And that's a bad thing? :/

Last edited:
Since everybody seems to agree that Megaman should be in the next ssb, how about adding his robot dog as an assist trophy. (Don't know his name) And have the Battle Toads theme music on the song's list.

I'd point out Pikachu, but he seems to be an exception.

True, Pikachu is well known in the anime, but he made his first appearance in the games and is gamefreak's mascot.

Mario:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Geno*
Paper Mario

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Yoshi:
Yoshi (Who else?)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Marx

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon*

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Popular 5th gen Pokemon*

LOZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*
Leon

Mother:
Lucas
Ness*

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley*
Omega Metroid*

Wario:
Wario

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth*
New FE Lord

Captain Rainbow:
Captain Rainbow

Other:
Olimar & Pikmin
Pit
Game & Watch*
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Fixed it up for you picky people.

Zyborggian

Hunter HAXZD
COMMENTS u-lined
Mario:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Geno*
Paper Mariohe actually has a good chance of getting in because he wouldnt be a clone

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Yoshi:
Yoshi (Who else?)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Marx

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon*

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Popular 5th gen Pokemon*

LOZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*
Leonyou are officially awesome

Mother:
Lucas
Ness*

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley*
Omega Metroid*you must have read k-zillas moveset XD good for u

Wario:
Wario

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth*
New FE Lord

Captain Rainbow:
Captain RainbowI...honestly dont know WHO THE CRAP IS THAT?

Other:
Olimar & Pikmin
Pit
Game & Watch*
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

obviously the intention was complletely focused on NOT getting flamed when you posted this list. heheh

empoleon1720

Is amused.
I need more people to rate my moveset for tails!

Speed: 7/10
Power: 6/10
Projectile: none
Weight Class: Low-Medium
Wall Cling: no

Entrance into beginning of battle: Quickly comes down from above,(out of nowhere) using his tails to propel him down at a fast pace.

A: Quick punch
AA: Quick punch, then hits with his butt, like peach's <B> move, only at shorter range and at the blink of an eye.
AAA: Quick punch, hits with... bottom, then twirls quickly, then bit**slaps (please excuse my French, and it means to slap with the back of your hand) opponent. (Does not multihit or continue process)
Dash A: Miles throws himself sideways into the opponent, shoulder first.
Up A: Tail Drills up into air, but Miles does not come off the ground.
Down A: Miles ducks slightly, then spins his tails around him once. Has somewhat medium range.

<Smash>: automatically (and very quickly) turns around, charges tail, then drills it behind him dramatically.
Up Smash: Charges (Gets ready to jump, sort of,) then does back/front flip, quickly kicking opponent right when tails is 180 degrees in air.
Down smash: Miles charges at a twisted body pose, (Not the kind of "Creepy" twisted, I mean the literal form.) while ducking slightly, then spins his tails quickly around him, 2 times.

Aerial A: Traditional spinning ball, like sonic's.
Aerial <A>: Hits opponent with… bottom, (like peach's, only a lot quicker along with shorter range)
Aerial Up A: Does a midair front/back flip, then hits opponent with Mile's foot.
Aerial Down A: quickly turns upside down, then spins tails, in a helicopter-type way, (only downwards.) WARNING! if the move is used when miles is too close to the ground, move may fail, (kind of like when King DeDeDe hits the ceiling of the stage after using his recovery move, again, only downwards.
Jump: Spinball jump
Double Jump: Another spinball jump

B: Quick karate chop (maybe not the best move, but if you can come up with something different, let me know.)
<B>: Throws arms in front of him, slapping them together.
Up B: (Obviously) Miles has his tails propel him through the air. The recovery move is like DK's, only it has more vertical distance.
Down B: The original Charge-up move, exactly like sonic's.

ZA: Grabs opponent with 1 hand, then pokes opponent's eyes with his 2 fingers (with other hand) also, can multihit.
Z>: Retracts, then punches opponent 2 times, then kicks, producing a knockback.
<Z: Does not cause damage. Miles Grabs opponent, then places leg on opponent, (sideways, still,) then kicks off from opponent, producing a knockback to the opponent.
Z Up: Miles throws opponent above him, then, his tails spin upwards, against the opponent.
Z Down: Miles grabs opponent, (and then, all of the sudden, a 16-bit computor grows up from the ground, with Dr. Eggman on it, (It's from the sonic series, for all who don't know)) then he quickly takes the opponent up into the air, then slams opponent against the computor, taking 25% damage, and an high upward knockback. (This move is very dramatic, and somewhat funny.)

Up Taunt: Does a flip and shows the "piece" gesture. (From the victory scene after winning a Zone/Stage in the sonic series)
<Side> Taunt: does a slow spin, then punches upward, showing happiness/victory, while smiling (This move can cause damage, or make opponent flinch, like one of Luigi's Taunts. )
Down Taunt: Miles slightly ducks down, then does a (counterclockwise) flashy spin of his tails, and then smiles, with his right arm giving a thumbs up.

Stall 1: Miles winds up his tails, imitating that of what a windup toy would do. It would look like he's getting ready for a race.
Stall 2: Miles scratches his head, then looks around.

Final Smash: (Name- Miles Prowler) Miles (dramatically, and quickly) winds up his tail for 3 seconds, and then that's when the smash activates. It Is exactly like that of sonic's, only his tails are propeling him through the air. Miles can Blast through anyone in his path, usually KO'ing them.

Victory 1: From far out in the distance, Miles quickly lands into scene after his tail-propelled flight, and then makes a flashy, cool pose, then smiles with arms bent into waist.
Victory 2: Miles leans against the victory sign, (the one you see after completing a stage/zone in the sonic series,) grinning.
Victory 3: Miles Throws/punches his arm upward in the air, (kind of like his Up Taunt,) as a signal of victory/happiness.

Now do you think he qualifies to be on the main character list in SSB4?
Well, I hope you think differently about Miles "Tails" Prower![/SPOILER]
Remember to tell me how I did! This post took forever!

Last edited:

Kabutopzilla

En Prócsem

Mario:
Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Geno*
Paper Mario

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool*

Yoshi:
Yoshi (Who else?)

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Marx

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon*

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff*
Popular 5th gen Pokemon*

LOZ:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf*

Star Fox:
Fox
Falco*
Wolf*
Leon

Mother:
Lucas
Ness*

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Ridley*
Omega Metroid*

Wario:
Wario

Fire Emblem:
Ike
Marth*
New FE Lord

Captain Rainbow:
Captain Rainbow

Other:
Olimar & Pikmin
Pit
Game & Watch*
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.

3rd Party:
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

With the presence of Omega Metroid and lack of pointless and stupid characters, that roster is made of win.

Status
Not open for further replies.