• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Smash Brothers 4 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

You're aware that Ike and Marth come from different canons in the FE universe right? And that Dr. Mario is from a different canon to regular Mario? Canon means fuck all in the world of Smash.

To be fair, I'm the one that started that canon bit with Paper Mario and Dr. Mario. So if you're going to ***** at someone over it, it might as well be me. Besides, where does that place Geno in this then?

Confirmed?

wut

You know what, I officially declare it Dattebayo hunting season. Everybody do as you please.

Confirmed=Already established as a unique Special Move that only makes sense for Peach to use for two games straight. It will likely stay the same for the next.

Dattebayo Season has been suspended.

EDIT: Oh, and like R.New said, the "unconkable" is the winning word of that roster. :)

Confirmed=Already established as a unique Special Move that only makes sense for Peach to use for two games straight. It will likely stay the same for the next.

It could be changed, though as you said it is highly unlikely with all of the other characters that could be in.
But then it is best to not say things for sure, I remember before brawl was released, when the video of Peach and Zelda watching Mario and Kirby fight was shown on SSBD everybody said that Zelda still might not be in it as there was not a character update for her yet, good times.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
It wasn't that bad. Apart from the one slip up he did well that time.

He's been making "one slip up" in pretty much every post he makes. Can you blame some of us for getting a little annoyed.

Also, without further ado, my roster, v.1.

- = Newcomer
* = Unlockable

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
- Dr. Mario*

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
- K. Rool*

Yoshi

Wario
- Captain Syrup

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf*
- Tingle

Samus
- Dark Samus*

Pit

Ice Climbers

R.O.B.*

- Little Mac

- Saki*

Kirby
Metaknight
Dedede

Olimar

- Captain Rainbow

- Andy/Another Nintendo Wars CO

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Captain Falcon
- Samurai Goroh

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
- 5th/6th Gen humanoid Pokemon*
Jigglypuff*

Marth
Ike*
- New Lord

Ness*
Lucas

Mr. Game & Watch*

- Rainman*

- Isaac

Snake*

Sonic*

- Pacman*

- Megaman*

- Dr. Wright

Before you people tear me apart, let me explain.

Dr. Mario - Okay, this is just personal preference. Dr. Mario is somewhat relevant again with the release of the Wiiware version, the VC version, and whatever else will inevitably come our way before SSB4. Hopefully he'd be throughly Luigified though to justify his reappearance.

K. Rool - Did somebody say FANSERVICE?

Captain Syrup - Wario, having spawned two subseries', both of which immensely popular, is more than deserving of two characters. With Warioland: Shake Dimension out recently, she's relevant again.

Tingle - I've explained this too many times. Fourth most reoccurring Zelda character with two spinoff games.

Dark Samus - One of the only reoccuring staples in Metroid, aside from ridiculously large and overpowered characters, is some form of evil Samus. Dark Samus is relevant to the Prime series and Metroid doesn't look likely to see that many newer games between now and SSB4.

Little Mac - Fan-favourite for SSBB, has a new game coming.

Saki - Fan-favourite for SSBB, has a new game coming.

Captain Rainbow - Finally, some fresh meat in the Nintendo world that is both character-driven and appointed to satisfy the long-time Nintendo fans. There's no reason to not include him aside from the fact that he's struggling to escape the boundaries of Japan.

Andy/another Nintendo Wars CO - Nintendo Wars has well over 10 games, and is a sort of parallel to Fire Emblem. In fact, although I haven't been brushing up on my knowledge recently, I'm pretty sue the original FE was spun off of the original Famicom Wars Engine. The series has seen a surge recently with the Advance Wars and Battalion Wars games, and is desperately deserving representation.

Samurai Goroh - Quite simply there is no reason to sit by and watch for FOUR games whilst F-Zero gets abused, only to see lesser-known franchises like Mother getting better attention.

5th/6th Gen humanoid Pokemon - Needs no explanation.

New Lord - Fire Emblem is going to have new characters by SSB4, but at the same time I don't feel comfortable removing either Marth or Ike who are both significant characters.

Rainman - Nintendo spent a good 100 or so years making Hanafuda cards. I don't care how that plays out in your books, that is more than deserving of something.

Isaac - 100% Fanservice, pure and simple.

Pacman - an iconic gaming legend, up there with Mario and Sonic. He may suck now, but to the general public he's still that pellet-hungry maniac from his early games.

Megaman - Pretty much the only universally-accepted character for SSB4.

Dr. Wright - This one is a bit odd. Whilst I think Maxis, and Simcity/Sims are important enough to deserve some level of representation (And Dr. Wright is the only iconic character from it as far as I'm concerned), but I just don't know if he (Or a SimCity stage) would pass for third-party since Dr. Wright appeared as an AT.

Go ahead. Do your worst.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
You know what, I officially declare it Dattebayo hunting season. Everybody do as you please.

No.

Dattebayo since when is it a rule that a character must appear in a canon game to be eligible as a playable character in Smash? I am interested to see this proof. So please, link me with evidence :) And by evidence I mean something that Sakurai stated, either on the brawl site or an interview. If you can't provide such an example then perhaps you should stop using said reasoning?

Last edited:

Awww... That's no fun. Can it be Random Chaos season then? *cocks gun*

@HERLS: Well, I have a few concerns, but the thing that bugs me the most is Dark Samus. Really, people. Dark Samus=Samus. Having her would be like having Blood Falcon for an F-Zero rep.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Awww... That's no fun. Can it be Random Chaos season then? *cocks gun*

@HERLS: Well, I have a few concerns, but the thing that bugs me the most is Dark Samus. Really, people. Dark Samus=Samus. Having her would be like having Blood Falcon for an F-Zero rep.

Except Dark Samus could have a move where she corrupts the other characters then devours them for energy.

What?

I think Dark Samus, if she makes an appearance at all, is more likely to end up being an alternative costume for Samus.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Unconkable

He's been making "one slip up" in pretty much every post he makes. Can you blame some of us for getting a little annoyed.
No, not really

- = Newcomer
* = Unlockable What, no unconkable?

Mario
Luigi Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Luigi always been unlockable
Peach
Bowser
- Dr. Mario*

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
- K. Rool*

Yoshi

Wario
- Captain Syrup

Link
Zelda
Ganondorf*
- Tingle

Samus
- Dark Samus*
No Ridley?
Pit

Ice Climbers

R.O.B.*

- Little MacI personally don't like him

- Saki*

Kirby
Metaknight
Dedede

Olimar

- Captain Rainbow

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Captain Falcon
- Samurai Goroh

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Jigglypuff*

Marth
Ike* Again hasn't it always been Marth who was unlockable
- New Lord

Ness*
Lucas

Mr. Game & Watch*

- Rainman*

- Isaac

Snake*

Sonic*

- Pacman*

- Megaman*

- Dr. Wright

Before you people tear me apart, let me explain. Ok

Dr. Mario - Okay, this is just personal preference. Dr. Mario is somewhat relevant again with the release of the Wiiware version, the VC version, and whatever else will inevitably come our way before SSB4. Hopefully he'd be throughly Luigified though to justify his reappearance.And if not then no

Captain Syrup - Wario, having spawned two subseries', both of which immensely popular, is more than deserving of two characters. With Warioland: Shake Dimension out recently, she's relevant again.

Tingle - I've explained this too many times. Fourth most reoccurring Zelda character with two spinoff games.

Dark Samus - One of the only reoccuring staples in Metroid, aside from ridiculously large and overpowered characters, is some form of evil Samus. Dark Samus is relevant to the Prime series and Metroid doesn't look likely to see that many newer games between now and SSB4.

Captain Rainbow - Finally, some fresh meat in the Nintendo world that is both character-driven and appointed to satisfy the long-time Nintendo fans. There's no reason to not include him aside from the fact that he's struggling to escape the boundaries of Japan.

Andy/another Nintendo Wars CO - Nintendo Wars has well over 10 games, and is a sort of parallel to Fire Emblem. In fact, although I haven't been brushing up on my knowledge recently, I'm pretty sue the original FE was spun off of the original Famicom Wars Engine. The series has seen a surge recently with the Advance Wars and Battalion Wars games, and is desperately deserving representation.I can't see any of them being a fighter when none of them have fighting moves, then again I didn't see Captain Falcon fighting as well

Samurai Goroh - Quite simply there is no reason to sit by and watch for FOUR games whilst F-Zero gets abused, only to see lesser-known franchises like Mother getting better attention.

New Lord - Fire Emblem is going to have new characters by SSB4, but at the same time I don't feel comfortable removing either Marth or Ike who are both significant characters.

Rainman - Nintendo spent a good 100 or so years making Hanafuda cards. I don't care how that plays out in your books, that is more than deserving of something.

Pacman - an iconic gaming legend, up there with Mario and Sonic. He may suck now, but to the general public he's still that pellet-hungry maniac from his early games.

Dr. Wright - This one is a bit odd. Whilst I think Maxis, and Simcity/Sims are important enough to deserve some level of representation (And Dr. Wright is the only iconic character from it as far as I'm concerned), but I just don't know if he (Or a SimCity stage) would pass for third-party since Dr. Wright appeared as an AT.

Go ahead. Do your worst.

Adventurous aren't we for some of the newcomers.

Last edited:

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Except Dark Samus could have a move where she corrupts the other characters then devours them for energy.

What?

I think Dark Samus, if she makes an appearance at all, is more likely to end up being an alternative costume for Samus.

An alternative costume could work.

I don't really see anything wrong with have a Dark Samus and Samus.

HERLS

LOLOLOL
Adventurous aren't we for some of the newcomers.

Damn straight. I'm tired of every fan roster looking the same; we know for a fact that Smash Bros. will continue to surprise us on every front, so it's about time rosters deviated from the standard '35 Brawl characters plus generic predictable characters like Krystal' format.

And I sort of dropped the ball by accidentally not making Luigi unlockable. However I had every intention of making Marth a starter and Ike an unlockable; Marth has a remake coming so he'll probably be more relevant in 5 or 6 years time.

kasmeargy

Dark Samus
Rainman

What exactly does Rainman look like? I've heard the name multiple times, but I've never actually seen him.

I'd always supported Dark Samus myself, although not Dark Samus, per se.

Well, if the development team wanted to, they could give it its real name, and make a moveset for it that way, although judging from the past...
(For the record, I mean make it look like Dark Samus, but name it the other way.) Even I admit it's kind of an odd and slightly dumb idea, but I would enjoy it.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
A different roster

Damn straight. I'm tired of every fan roster looking the same
Valid point, I did enjoy that roster purely because it was different to some of the others we've seen, and thank goodness for some reasoning behind some of the newer ones, it was certainly better than "Rhyperior should be in it because every bad dude has him" or "Cloud because he's badass!"
Another thing I've noticed is that many of the other rosters focus on expanding current series representation and have few new series, I'd be disappointed if the next game had few newcomers as I'd feel that I was playing same game as Brawl.

empoleon1720

Is amused.

- = Newcomer
* = Unlockable

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
- Dr. Mario*

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
- K. Rool*

Yoshi

Wario
- Captain Syrup ....Who the?....
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf*
- Tingle In my opinion, no. He's going to be smaller than olimar, and weaker than a magikarp in a pokeball. I'd just love to see his moveset.
Samus
- Dark Samus* YES!! that is actually a pretty good idea, except he's a clone.
Pit

Ice Climbers

R.O.B.*

- Little Mac

- Saki*

Kirby
Metaknight
Dedede

Olimar

- Captain Rainbow Personally, I would think he belongs in an EC (early childhood) rated game, judging by the name. I dont know, so....

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

Captain Falcon
- Samurai Goroh Good idea.
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer Personally, I'd like to see his Johto starters. (That's just me)
Jigglypuff*

Marth
Ike* probably (and unluckily,) will be replaced with another Fire Emblem character. I never played the games, but that's how it went with Melee and Brawl.- New Lord

Ness*
Lucas

Mr. Game & Watch*

- Rainman*

- Isaac

Snake*

Sonic*

- Pacman* If ANYTHING, 3-D. The last thing we need is Pacman and his supernatural friends in 2-D trying to chew on us.
- Megaman* Good idea. I forgot, Did Capcom create him?
- Dr. Wright ... Make his moveset. he's tough to imagine fighting.

Before you people tear me apart, let me explain. -actually, you did pretty well. (A lot better than what I ahd, that's for sure. (no sarcasm, either.)

Dr. Mario - Okay, this is just personal preference. Dr. Mario is somewhat relevant again with the release of the Wiiware version, the VC version, and whatever else will inevitably come our way before SSB4. Hopefully he'd be throughly Luigified though to justify his reappearance.

Tingle - I've explained this too many times. Fourth most reoccurring Zelda character with two spinoff games. (doesn't matter- You've got to ask yourself these questions- Is he good at fighting? Do you think he'll quilify for SSB4?

Andy/another Nintendo Wars CO - Nintendo Wars has well over 10 games, and is a sort of parallel to Fire Emblem. In fact, although I haven't been brushing up on my knowledge recently, I'm pretty sue the original FE was spun off of the original Famicom Wars Engine. The series has seen a surge recently with the Advance Wars and Battalion Wars games, and is desperately deserving representation.

Go ahead. Do your worst.
Overall all, you get a....
*DRUMROLL....*
B+ Good job! (a lot better than mine, that's for sure,)

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Empoleon, HERLS created a kick-*** moveset for Tingle a few pages back. Pac-man has had 3-D renditions, via Pac-World, and the Johto Pokemon Starters=horrible idea.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Why does everyone doubt Tingle? Right now he's probably the best candidate for a 5th Zelda rep.

And Ike is very popular and is the only other FE lord besides Marth to star in two games, so he has a decent chance of staying. Roy was the current lord for Melee, and was nowhere near as popular as Marth or Ike.

Blazios

Ike* probably (and unluckily,) will be replaced with another Fire Emblem character. I never played the games, but that's how it went with Melee and Brawl.

Keep in mind that Ike is the most popular Lord in Japan. And by Lord I mean main protagonist, as he's not a Lord.

EDIT: What Snoking said.

empoleon1720

Is amused.
Keep in mind that Ike is the most popular Lord in Japan. And by Lord I mean main protagonist, as he's not a Lord.

EDIT: What Snoking said.

Oh yeah, I know!! I semimain with Ike!! ((Below DK) see signature)
But I'm just saying, that was the routine with Melee and Brawl. Don't think I'm saying that because I hate him - He's one of my best characters!! - But your probably right. too many people rock with him. As for Tingle, I'm going to need to see a Moveset in order to believe he'll make it in to SSB4.
But - who is Captain Syrup?
EDIT: after reading Sonic Boom's post telling me to read Tingle's moveset, I'll just say yes to Tingle.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Will this do?

Well, sheer boredom has finally got the best of me, so here's a nice little moveset for you all. :)

TINGLE, FOLKS

TingleAssist.jpg

Physical Attacks

Normal
Neutral Attack - flails his arms with a general lack of direction, low damage
Dash Attack - slapping attack, comparable to Luigi's dash
Forward Tilt - a misdirected and flimsy punch, low knockback
Up Tilt - slaps his hands up in the air
Down Tilt - child-like kick, similar to Luigi's taunt kick

Smash
Side Smash - charges up in a defensive stance, and let's out a poorly imitated "boxing" punch
Up Smash - charges up, and releases multiple upwards slaps with his hands, multiple-hit
Down Smash - charges up, drops to floor and attempts a poorly-executed breakdance, multiple-hit

Aerial Attacks
Neutral Aerial - performs a swimming motion in mid-air, arms cause damage
Forward Aerial - lays back in mid-air and kicks forward multiple times
Back Aerial - does a "chicken" motion and swings his elbows back to cause suprisingly high knockback
Up Aerial - does a somersault and kicks upwards like a pansy little girl
Down Aerial - turns upside down and headbutts, high knockback, effective meteor smash

Special Attacks

Up Special - Balloon Fight: Pumps up a balloon. Can have a maximum of three balloons attached to him at any one time. Each balloon makes Tingle floatier, makes his jumps higher, and gives him an extra mid-air jump (so with three balloons he'd have five floaty jumps). Any attack inflicted on Tingle that should cause a decent amount of knockback will also pop one of his balloons.

Neutral Special - Dustcloud Rumble: From Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. Thrusts his arm forward, and if it contacts another player, they begin a little fight on the floor that gets clouded from view by a cartoony dust cloud. The attack deals damage to both players, anywhere from 5% to 30%. The dustcloud (and in turn, the fight) can be moved around by both participating players, resulting in an opportunity for a suicide attack.

Down Special - Kooloo-Limpah: His trademark attack, does a little dance that releases small, damaging flowers from his body.

Forward Special - Slingshot: effectively a clone of Link's bow and arrow. Goes faster with less lag, but does less damage.

Final Smash - Tingle Tuner: Tingle whips out a Tingle Tuner and a little target point appears in midair that the player can control. Items like bob-ombs, smart bombs, opened banana peels and activated bumpers fall out and harm players, but the occasional healing item also appears. Tingle remains completely unaffected by the carnage.

Alt. Costumes include Ankle, Knuckle and David Junior, Tingle's "brothers".

Taunts include examining a rupee, drawing a map, and doing a little dance.

What, you don't like it? Shut up, Tingle rocks.

Here is that Tingle moveset

Why does everyone doubt Tingle? Right now he's probably the best candidate for a 5th Zelda rep.

And Ike is very popular and is the only other FE lord besides Marth to star in two games, so he has a decent chance of staying. Roy was the current lord for Melee, and was nowhere near as popular as Marth or Ike.

I can't picture Tingle as a SSB character. Why is everybody want Tingle?

Copygoo

Page of Heart
Oh, Tingle's moveset is way back there...

And Captain Syrup is (I think) the main antoganist (sp?) for the Wario Land games.

Oh, and if anyone wants me to make a moveset for someone just tell me. I made both my Marx and Paper Mario movesets off the top of my head. Oh, and that chameleon guy from SPM's moveset I made off the top of my head. What was his name? Fre-something?

Last edited:

empoleon1720

Is amused.
Oh, and if anyone wants me to make a moveset for someone just tell me. I made both my Marx and Paper Mario movesets off the top of my head.
Ridley. Don't know how He'll fit on the screen when he's in Giant Mode and get's a Mega Mushroom, But.....

Status
Not open for further replies.