• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official SPP One Piece Anime Thread

Prio

See. Stuff like this we don't need. If he prefers the 4Kids dub, then so be it. You're making yourself sound worse than him for getting all mad at someone who simply has an opinion you don't agree with.

...Oh, well. Typical Serebi forums, M I RITE? >_>

It's not that I'm mad it's that his opinion is inferior to mine.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!

Wow, aren't we brutal...though to be honest, my position to this is not unlike Reverend Lovejoy's when his dog takes a crap on Flanders' lawn...

Rave

Banned

Same thing with everyone else's opinion you like to spit on.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The new voices suck to me period. (Robin and Sangi have no distinct accents and Choopers voice dosen't change when he transforms, leading to a VERY creepy were-Reindeer.) The new opening is much better then the lazy pirate rap we had with the first dub. Next stop, Skypeia! (With the crap voice acting)
How was it crap? The new voices are more in character then the 4Kids voices. You must be tone deaf.
Seriously I think most of the youngin's on these fourms can't take a single change of pace good or bad.

Rave

Banned
How was it crap? The new voices are more in character then the 4Kids voices. You must be tone deaf.
Seriously I think most of the youngin's on these fourms can't take a single change of pace good or bad.

Trolls are an annoyance around here, huh?

Chris

Old Coot
While you guys find it amazing how there are people who can tolerate the 4Kids, I find it amazing there's actually people who enjoy the new dub yet also claim the DB/Z/GT dubs are also perfect.

:(

RomanMack

Johto Champion
New episode title... And it's a mouthful...

Ep. 147 (108) -- "Distinguished Pirates: A Man Who Talks of Dreams and the King of Undersea Search"

Chris

Old Coot
It's obvious they will change the rating for certain episodes. It's happened with Adult Swim shows. It will surely happen for One Piece. Obviously the last one was fine for TV-Y7 since there was hardly anything the censors wouldn't approve of.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Thing is they edited some blood, and there wasn't even that much of it. So if a little trinkle couldn't even stay...

Not that I care, but it could very well still be Y7.

ShadowDragon16

I like the new opening, but I can't believe they changed Sanji's Voice, his old voice combined with his love for Nami and Robin made him funny.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Actually, it made him utterly annoying and incredibly unbearable to listen to.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Nah, I'd say Usopp had an annoying voice since it was so screechy. Sanji's was too mellow.

So it didn't really hurt my ears. It just... sounded horrible and fake.

Rex Kamex

Does anyone know the earliest time one could find out the ratings for Toonami? I'm not expecting One Piece to do really well, but I'd still like to see how it did.

And of course, you guys are gonna stick around to watch this dub, right? Just kidding, but even if the ratings are more than decent, they'd have to stay that way for weeks for CN to notice. When did the Naruto anime get so popular in America? It was popular enough for them to do a Naruto New Year's Eve marathon.(I also saw a manga commercial for the series a few weeks after the dub premiered.)

RomanMack said:
Yeah, it looks like FUNi just stuck their full dubbed version of "Free Will" onto the ending, instead of editing the song to fit the ending, which is why it sounds out of sync compared to the Japanese ending.

Not a big deal, though it would be nice if they fixed that little hiccup. Though, really, the fact that CN airs both the opening and ending in their full glory, included with the next episode preview is amazing.

I figured that was it. But like I said before, hopefully the other songs will be untouched besides being given English lyrics (and of course English credits). I can't wait for them to do an English version of "Eternal Pose".

Sure 4kids would have taken out the Robin putting the skull back together part

its was so ****ing boring

I'm surprised you didn't mention any of the scene where they were exploring the ship. (Not that I'm saying they should've edited any of that, but...)

Erus Black Mage

Here is how 4Kids would of handled it:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/5583/vlcsnap14657vq7.png

"Robin: Treasure chests can be filled with evidence.
Sanji: I dunno why dis lady's interested in any books but she's still a cute goil."

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5267/vlcsnap15232tt6.png

"This here tells me all I need to know about anything."

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8990/vlcsnap27092ta9.png

"Seeing as this picture looks old, I would say that the abandoned ship is equally old. It's the only logical explanation."

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2769/vlcsnap31373ie8.png

"Wow the Sky Island people sure are primitive. They even read books!"

It's stolen, but I thought it was worth posting.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Late on comments, but yeah: enjoyed the new dub, but I miss the rap opening, dammit! It's fun!

When did the Naruto anime get so popular in America?

Close to the onset? Viz had been pushing the manga, and Cartoon Network apparently showcasing the hell out of it before it even premiered. Now, if the same treatment had been given to (relatively) uncut One Piece, then there might've been a notable jump in ratings...

Here is how 4Kids would of handled it:

"... Would have..."

Pet peeve of mine.

0Hero

Knuckle Trainer
Even though I don't post much, guess I'll post my opinion. Judging from clips I saw on youtube (I have yet to watch the full episode, mind you I'm still on ep 50 of the sub >_>), I like all the voices except Luffy's. Luffy still sounds like the 4kids one, except he has expression for sure. Maybe it's just the way it sounds, but it doesn't have that silly tone to it. When he said something along the lines of "Look I found the map of Sky Island", it sounded horrible...........

Just my rant, don't mind me. Overall, Fun Piece owns, and Vic owns as well.

"... Would have..."

Pet peeve of mine.
Sadly, I think I would've missed that one--when I quote someone whose post has been littered with grammar errors, I aim to at least make them readable.:p

Late on comments, but yeah: enjoyed the new dub, but I miss the rap opening, dammit! It's fun!
*points a Heavy Bazooka at him as best she can* It was fun for the first few episode, and I practically forced myself to listen to it the final episode. Hikari E was a huge breath of fresh air and you know it.;)