1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Endless, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

This is a thread for simple questions and answers. Discussions should be held in other threads.
    Be sure to check out the Sun & Moon section on the main site to see if you can find the answer on your own first.

Some questions might not have have answers immediately available so please have patience and don't repost your question until after a significant amount of time has passed.

2. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

I hope we will have a FAQ for this thread, because a lot of the questions tend to get repeated endlessly.

3. FireChick

FireChick Well-Known Member

I have a question! Is it possible to access Pokemon Refresh outside of battle, or can it only be accessed when a Pokemon battle ends?

4. Kato756

Kato756 New Member

Guys is pokemon sun and moon not out on Japan yet? I try to enter it now, and it wont go...

5. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Performing suits Serena perfectly. ^^

Even if we do, I still feel a lot of people will be asking a lot of questions and have not looked at this FAQ, did not yet know it existed, or am still confused even after looking at the FAQ.

6. Prakhar

Prakhar Normal: The abnormal

At what time is sun and moon coming out in the us?

7. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

It's just past midnight in Japan now so it should be live.

8. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

It should be out at midnight on the release date everywhere.

9. Kittypotts

Kittypotts Active Member

Hi, sorry I know it's just been released but was wondering if anyone knows the number of boxes we get for storing Pokemon, I want to transfer my living Dex, thank you to whoever answers :)

10. Alli

Alli Well-Known Member

You can't transport your Pokémon until January anyways, so just be patient and you'll find out in due time.

11. Kittypotts

Kittypotts Active Member

Yes I know that, just curious is all :p

12. Oryt

Oryt New Member

Yeah you're able to access it outside of battle :) it just offers it straight after a battle for convenience.

13. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Pokémon Sun!

In order to get Ash-Greninja you need Pokemon Link and for Munchlax, you need Mystery Gift. Anybody know the quickest way to unlock those onto the main menu?

14. Xaytsr

Xaytsr New Member

I would like to know if we get many gift pokemon (pokemon that are given to us ingame such as the Eevee's in earlier gens, the alternative starter in X/Y, that Riolu egg and so on)? If so what pokemon and how far into the game?

15. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

Any word on item locations? (Specifically: Thunderstone and Soothe Bell)

16. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Performing suits Serena perfectly. ^^

Has anyone found out yet where is the first location that you're able to get clothes and do you still pay regular money for them? Or is Trainer Customization entirely festival coin based now? (I hope it's not the latter. :( )

17. masterbreeder42

masterbreeder42 Expert Breeder

1) I know we don't have the ability to transfer pokemon from 6th Gen to Sun and Moon yet, but I am a bit confused by something about Alola Forms. Since the pre-evolutions are the same in any generation for Raichu, Exeggutor, and Marowak, and you can not get the normal forms of those three in either Sun or Moon through evolution, does that mean that a Pikachu, Exeggcute, or Cubone from a previous generation can't evolve at all in Sun and Moon, or would, say, a Cubone from Y Version, evolved in Sun Version, take on its Alola Form as a Fire/Ghost type? Or, perhaps, it would evolve into a standard Marowak?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  18. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

So does the Munchlax gift come with a code? I couldn't find one in its description on the site

19. ThePhotonLegion

ThePhotonLegion New Member

The Munchlax is through WiFi, you don't need a code.

20. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

Can you find Pokemon with egg moves using the new assist encounter method (can't remember the name)? There are some Pokemon I want with egg moves that I can't get until the PokeBank update.