• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
You can trade the coloured shards (red, blue, yellow, green) for bottle caps in the plaza castle
Oh well that's helpful. Don't even think I have any yet and I despise bottle caps, but definitely good to know. ^^

Not a special building needed right, just the center building where I go to sign up for like the global missions?

Also anyone know of a good wild pokemon battling spot for ev training speed evs? I swear Serebii had a list at one point (at least for past gen), but I can't find it. I mean I found a list of speed ev givers, but I think in the past I saw a guide that says like go to so-and-so cave and ev train for speed against zubats.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Yes, it's just the centre building.

I just use plaza for EV training, but Seaward cave is pretty good for speed. It only has Zubat and Diglett, both of which give 1 Speed EV. But location is less important now, just find something that gives speed EVs and SOS chain it, because pokémon called in are guaranteed species generally and also grant double EVs compared to normal.

Last edited:
I dont hack games myself, but i was wondering what exactly the players were getting banned for. For hacking their pokemon? Idk im just curious.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I dont hack games myself, but i was wondering what exactly the players were getting banned for. For hacking their pokemon? Idk im just curious.

Editing their character avatar's skin tone, editing Festival Plaza ect. Those things.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Okey-dokey, gonna try and explain this the best I can...

I just got myself a copy of Pokemon Moon. I started the game on the same 3DS as I play my Sun version on. At some point I'm hoping to go online on my Moon version using a different 3DS from the one I started the game on and Link Trade on that system with my character from my Sun version on the regular 3DS. The aim is to make it so that I can make my Moon character appear in my Sun character's Plaza castle and then add her to my VIP list (and vice versa). Is it possible to do this? And do I risk getting into any kind of trouble by doing this?

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

I just got myself a copy of Pokemon Moon. I started the game on the same 3DS as I play my Sun version on. At some point I'm hoping to go online on my Moon version using a different 3DS from the one I started the game on and Link Trade on that system with my character from my Sun version on the regular 3DS. The aim is to make it so that I can make my Moon character appear in my Sun character's Plaza castle and then add her to my VIP list (and vice versa). Is it possible to do this? And do I risk getting into any kind of trouble by doing this?

Yes it's possible.

You won't get in trouble. For all intents and purposes they're two different games.

I think there is a way to register people using only one DS via GTS.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

For a single 3DS: I think the best way is to try to trade with yourself via GTS. It's tricky but possible to find yourself if you're fast enough.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So apparently as soon as a pokémon calls in another, the evs double? I originally thought that the initial pokémon, regardless of it calling something in yet or not, would just be regular ev amount being dealt out (example pichu giving 1 spd ev/2 spd ev if pokerus/9 spd ev with matching power item/18 spd ev matching power item and pokerus)...but my ev total is messed up and this is the only thing I can figure out. I was at 252 and used berry to bring to 242 and had to get 6 evs to get to 248. Battled a pichu and defeated it after it sosed a pikachu. Thought I got 2 (using pokerus) from that and then I went and caught a fearow for the last 4. Then since I meticulously check my evs, I see that instead of 4 swift wings showing me I am 4 away from the max evs in the stat, I am 2 away...

So once a 'mon calls in via sos, even if it's the original, all evs are doubled?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
So apparently as soon as a pokémon calls in another, the evs double? I originally thought that the initial pokémon, regardless of it calling something in yet or not, would just be regular ev amount being dealt out (example pichu giving 1 spd ev/2 spd ev if pokerus/9 spd ev with matching power item/18 spd ev matching power item and pokerus)...but my ev total is messed up and this is the only thing I can figure out. I was at 252 and used berry to bring to 242 and had to get 6 evs to get to 248. Battled a pichu and defeated it after it sosed a pikachu. Thought I got 2 (using pokerus) from that and then I went and caught a fearow for the last 4. Then since I meticulously check my evs, I see that instead of 4 swift wings showing me I am 4 away from the max evs in the stat, I am 2 away...

So once a 'mon calls in via sos, even if it's the original, all evs are doubled?

So you were at 242 Speed EVs, then you defeated a Pikachu which was called in and an initial Pichu, while your pokémon had PokéRus? If I'm understanding that correctly you should have received 10 EVs from that battle and end up at 252 Speed EVs again, 8 EVs from Pikachu (2 base * 2 for SOS * 2 for PokéRus), and 2 from Pichu (1 base * 2 for PokéRus)

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
So you were at 242 Speed EVs, then you defeated a Pikachu which was called in and an initial Pichu, while your pokémon had PokéRus? If I'm understanding that correctly you should have received 10 EVs from that battle and end up at 252 Speed EVs again, 8 EVs from Pikachu (2 base * 2 for SOS * 2 for PokéRus), and 2 from Pichu (1 base * 2 for PokéRus)
No, I defeated a pichu. The pichu called in a pikachu I ran from after defeating the pichu

Road

Shiny Master

Yes, I believe all EVs are doubled once something is SOS'd in. Your situation here seems like evidence enough. I don't think a failed SOS (ie. Pokemon calls but nothing comes) will double anything, I think something has to appear, but I'm not sure on that (may not be relevant tho).

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Only Pokémon that were SOS called have EVs doubled.

The initial Pokémon does not.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Yes, I believe all EVs are doubled once something is SOS'd in. Your situation here seems like evidence enough. I don't think a failed SOS (ie. Pokemon calls but nothing comes) will double anything, I think something has to appear, but I'm not sure on that (may not be relevant tho).
Yea, now that I think about it I gotta double check some 'mons. God give us super training again. >.<#

Only Pokémon that were SOS called have EVs doubled.

The initial Pokémon does not.
That can't be. I check my evs obsessively over and over to make sure. There is no way I should have been at 250 if I defeated the original encounter pichu and caught a fearow while the exp gaining mon had pokerus. Unless it's something else, as soon as it sos-es it doubles even if it's the original encounter.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
That can't be. I check my evs obsessively over and over to make sure. There is no way I should have been at 250 if I defeated the original encounter pichu and caught a fearow while the exp gaining mon had pokerus. Unless it's something else, as soon as it sos-es it doubles even if it's the original encounter.

If that's the case then I'm wrong.

But if you just needed two EV's, why not just KO the Pichu (or Route 1 Rattata)?

Unless you saved and are stuck at 250, you could use another berry to get to 240, find Golbat and then wait for them to SOS another Golbat in (for the 8 Speed Ev's w/ Pokerus).

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
If that's the case then I'm wrong.

But if you just needed two EV's, why not just KO the Pichu (or Route 1 Rattata)?

Unless you saved and are stuck at 250, you could use another berry to get to 240, find Golbat and then wait for them to SOS another Golbat in (for the 8 Speed Ev's w/ Pokerus).
I maxed and had to bring to 248 to salvage 4 to put in another as I never waste level 50 evs if I can put them to use in another usable stat. I will have to use another berry and try again, at least I know now (and helped others).

Scherzando

scare-TZAN-doe
Yea, now that I think about it I gotta double check some 'mons. God give us super training again. >.<#

If you need a certain amount of EVs, why not use Poke Pelago? It's way better than Super Training, though it takes more time. Just determine how many EVs you need in a stat, divide by four, and that's how many sessions you need to do. For example, say you need an oddly specific number of EVs, like 232. You don't want to SOS chain to keep track of that. Divide 232 by 4, which is 58. Your pokemon needs 58 sessions of whatever stat. Done! Easy!

Oh, and if you want to EV train the old-fashioned way, use the Power Items. I use those whenever I need to max out a stat because it's tough keeping track in an SOS chain. After I think 7 battles in a chain, including Pokerus, you'll have maxed out a stat. You never even have to leave route 1 with this method... unless you need max defense or sp attack, in which case... Pelago.
OR, if you need sp atk, work on your other stat(s) first and you should be a high enough level to take on the magnemites at the school near your house.

Last edited: