• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Small thing but is it a glitch that night and day occur in Moon opposite of my timezone?

not really, did you pass thru the chasm/time rift at the sun altar in sun or Moon in the other game with solagoe/Lunalala? when you pass thru with corresponding legendary pkmn the day/night cycle will be reversed. it does help you out if you need to evolve pkmn at certain times of the day.

if you return to "your original world" then the cycles will match your times.

BCVM22

Small thing but is it a glitch that night and day occur in Moon opposite of my timezone?

not really, did you pass thru the chasm/time rift at the sun altar in sun or Moon in the other game with solagoe/Lunalala? when you pass thru with corresponding legendary pkmn the day/night cycle will be reversed. it does help you out if you need to evolve pkmn at certain times of the day.

It's not a glitch nor does it involve the "other world." Moon operates opposite your system clock - real world day is Moon night and vice versa. Sun does the opposite and matches your system clock.

It's not a glitch nor does it involve the "other world." Moon operates opposite your system clock - real world day is Moon night and vice versa. Sun does the opposite and matches your system clock.

@nel3: I'm not that far, not even close. I've just completed the Melemeli Island trials.
I've had the game since last Christmas but literally spent until around last week soft resetting for a shiny Rowlet with failure. Team Volt Grunt's sig is irking me. It makes me wish I hadn't given up but I'm too far and not unsatisfied enough now.

@BCVM22: That's the sensible answer, and Hala actually made such a reference after I beat him. Thanx.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
@nel3: I'm not that far, not even close. I've just completed the Melemeli Island trials.
I've had the game since last Christmas but literally spent until around last week soft resetting for a shiny Rowlet with failure. Team Volt Grunt's sig is irking me. It makes me wish I hadn't given up but I'm too far and not unsatisfied enough now.

@BCVM22: That's the sensible answer, and Hala actually made such a reference after I beat him. Thanx.

haha sorry about that.

Does anyone know if you can keep leaving and entering a route to get berry piles to rustle? or do I just have to come across one at the right time?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I think the berry piles only reset once every day like the Loto ID center, Plaza facilities, etc. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Edit: Never mind. I misread the question. Bit distracted tonight. ^^;

Last edited:

Road

Shiny Master
Yes, but if you don't collect the berries, will they never rustle?
I read somewhere that the piles are SR-able (way back when I was trying to get all the EV removing berries), and whether or not it rustles is also up to chance, so as long as you don't collect a pile you could save in front of it and SR to rustle.

Pidgeyote

Pokemon Master
I have a few questions.

1. Where is magikarp on this game? i cant find it anywhere. its like the opposite of all the other games.

2. what happens if you stay in the other world after you get cosmog? can you stay there? does cosmog evolve into lunala instead of solgaleo because i thought you had to trade it to someone who has moon to evolve it into lunala.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I have a few questions.

1. Where is magikarp on this game? i cant find it anywhere. its like the opposite of all the other games.

2. what happens if you stay in the other world after you get cosmog? can you stay there? does cosmog evolve into lunala instead of solgaleo because i thought you had to trade it to someone who has moon to evolve it into lunala.

1) Here's a list of locations. I think you'll need to fish for Magikarp

2) You can stay in the other world with no consequence. Cosmog however will only evolve into Solgaleo in Sun and Lunala in Moon. Its tied to the game you're playing on when you evolve it.

Pidgeyote

Pokemon Master
1) Here's a list of locations. I think you'll need to fish for Magikarp

2) You can stay in the other world with no consequence. Cosmog however will only evolve into Solgaleo in Sun and Lunala in Moon. Its tied to the game you're playing on when you evolve it.

Thats what i thought. Which makes it pointless. Why would i want two sungaleos? they didnt think that through.

I already know where to find it, i just meant i dont understand where it actually is. i tried going to fishing spots before but when i get there the waves go away so its not rhere anymore.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Thats what i thought. Which makes it pointless. Why would i want two sungaleos? they didnt think that through.

I already know where to find it, i just meant i dont understand where it actually is. i tried going to fishing spots before but when i get there the waves go away so its not rhere anymore.

Encourages trading - there are a whole bunch of Ultra Beasts one can't get in Sun, Cosmog just adds to it.

(also this is the only way you can get Splash on Solgaleo which when combined with Normalium-Z raises its attack 3 levels).

Trying walking up to the fishing spots using just the D-pad. You may be scaring the fishing spot away if you run or use Pokeride.

BCVM22

Thats what i thought. Which makes it pointless. Why would i want two sungaleos? they didnt think that through

They didn't think it through? It's near standard to the franchise. Johto is the only region where you've been able to get both titular Legendaries in one of a paired game. All in the name of getting you either to trade back and forth with a friend who has the opposite version (or getting you to spend the money on your own second game).

Pidgeyote

Pokemon Master
Encourages trading - there are a whole bunch of Ultra Beasts one can't get in Sun, Cosmog just adds to it.

(also this is the only way you can get Splash on Solgaleo which when combined with Normalium-Z raises its attack 3 levels).

Trying walking up to the fishing spots using just the D-pad. You may be scaring the fishing spot away if you run or use Pokeride.

I already filled my pokedex in a week a few months ago. its just disappointing because now i have to trade my cosmoem to someone with moon, then they have to evolve it, then trade it back to me just because i dont want someone elses lunala. but i didnt think of keeping splash on it considering i did the exact thing with my shiny mimikyu after i hatched it.

And i see, i didnt think anything of it because the first time i went up to one it didnt go away, thank you :)

Toa of Gallifrey

Time Lord, Toa Nuva
For the past two weeks, I've been unable to log into the Global Link. I've had trouble logging on before where it doesn't register my credentials but now I can't even enter them. The fields are gone and instead there's a message that reads:

"Due to current maintenance, you can't log in to the Pokemon Trainer Club now. Please wait until maintenance is complete."

It's been two weeks. I've tried Chrome and Firefox, I've tried logging into the Pokemon Trainer Club itself (which I can do and is not actually under maintenance), I've tried changing my password on the Trainer Club, I've tried desktop and mobile site, I don't know what else to try.

porygonfan

Can I transfer surf/fly pikachu from yellow to sun/moon. Will surf/fly pikachu breed those moves, and will it keep them
as raichu?

Road

Shiny Master
Can I transfer surf/fly pikachu from yellow to sun/moon. Will surf/fly pikachu breed those moves, and will it keep them
as raichu?
Not sure about the transfer, but since it uses Transporter which stopped TM/HM moves from coming over, I would think it would stop it from transferring. As for passing down the moves, no. They are neither TM moves they can learn naturally nor egg moves. It should keep the moves through evolution as long as you don't delete them.

BCVM22

The Surfing Pikachu was never obtainable in any of the Generation I core titles, and as such is unobtainable in any of the Virtual Console releases, as none of the means of obtaining the Surfing Pikachu in Generation I made the same jump to the present day.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
just what are the probability mechanics for shiny pkmn in gen7? i was doing a 5IV blue Shellos run and had the same conditions for magikarp method (JPN Primarina). its was around 4-5 full boxes of eggs max that hatched with that Primarina. does the set number for shiny egg remain the same for all pairings or is it determined when you put the pair into the day care? im asking this bc if it takes 300-400 for the shiny Shellos will that still mean next possible attempt will a different shiny egg number.

i wasnt really counting the number of eggs or saving a easy number and i already saved the shiny :).

EDIT: damn gen7 and no move tutor, i cant even teach shiny gen7 bred shellos earth power :(. i'll just throw mud at the the fire types.

Last edited:

porygonfan

The Surfing Pikachu was never obtainable in any of the Generation I core titles, and as such is unobtainable in any of the Virtual Console releases, as none of the means of obtaining the Surfing Pikachu in Generation I made the same jump to the present day.

There are YouTube videos of surfing flying pikachu in sun/moon, im confused?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
There are YouTube videos of surfing flying pikachu in sun/moon, im confused?

In the gen 1 games, I think you could only get Surfing Pikachu through Pokemon Stadium or cheating with a Gameshark. I don't think Flying Pikachu was every a real thing outside of the Yellow intro, Snap, or the card game.

Sun/Moon are very hackable and I'm guessing those are not legit.