• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Apex 36

I'm going to assume you are far enough into the game to receive mystery gifts. That 006-0112 error code is because you've lost your internet connection. First of all, power down your 3DS for 10-15 seconds and turn it back on. Go into the 3DS settings and test your internet connection. If the test is successful, load your game back up and try doing something that requires being online, like doing a wonder trade. If that works, try your code again. If the test was not successful, try powering down your modem/router for 10-15 seconds and booting it/them back up and test again. If still unsuccessful, delete your internet connection and add it back in. If that still doesn't work, you might want to contact Nintendo.

It's 100% a network issue. Everything else works fine, it seems the gamefreak servers work differently, and my network is kicked off or blocking the access to the servers, for some reason. I really don't know where I would begin, and the nintendo help service is ****. I'm thinking of going to mcdonalds or some other public place and trying to redeem the codes there, see if there is any success, but then again, I don't want to be THAT guy:confused:

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
It's 100% a network issue. Everything else works fine, it seems the gamefreak servers work differently, and my network is kicked off or blocking the access to the servers, for some reason. I really don't know where I would begin, and the nintendo help service is ****. I'm thinking of going to mcdonalds or some other public place and trying to redeem the codes there, see if there is any success, but then again, I don't want to be THAT guy:confused:

We all that to be that guy when they first released Hoopa. You could only get it at McDonald's via Nintendo Zone through their wifi.

You could always do it from their parking lot.

I don't see how you can battle/trade online but not download a mystery gift.

Apex 36

That's bothering me, too. There are local codes for the new pokeymans, so I know that the service isn't down for the entire country, the only thing I can think of is that the local routers are **** and block access to the servers or vice versa, had problems with my xbox a while back, as did other people continent wide who use the same ISP, I know I never had this problem in the states

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
So, Bruxish can have either Dazzling or Strong Jaw, correct? I've hatched at least two dozen Bruxish so far, and not a single one has Strong Jaw. Is there a reason why this would happen, such as the ability being "version exclusive" a la Basculin, or is it locked and need the Ability Capsule to unlock? I'd rather not burn 100 BP for it, if it can be avoided.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
So, Bruxish can have either Dazzling or Strong Jaw, correct? I've hatched at least two dozen Bruxish so far, and not a single one has Strong Jaw. Is there a reason why this would happen, such as the ability being "version exclusive" a la Basculin, or is it locked and need the Ability Capsule to unlock? I'd rather not burn 100 BP for it, if it can be avoided.

I think you're just having bad luck. It is more likely to have the parents' ability, but you should still be getting some with Strong Jaw. Just keep hatching.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I managed to softreset for a pokemon visiting my pokepelago to be shiny. Questiona: How long does it take for the 'mon to decide if it wants to stay? I found the shiny not long before the day turned to midnight, but now that it was a new day it still said needed a day. Does it mean an actual full 24hrs? Also if it doesn;t stay with me can I sr, providing I don't save after, to get it to stay?

Road

Shiny Master
I managed to softreset for a pokemon visiting my pokepelago to be shiny. Questiona: How long does it take for the 'mon to decide if it wants to stay? I found the shiny not long before the day turned to midnight, but now that it was a new day it still said needed a day. Does it mean an actual full 24hrs? Also if it doesn;t stay with me can I sr, providing I don't save after, to get it to stay?
I believe it is another 24 hours, yes. Should be easy enough to get it to stay if you put beans in the bucket to last for the entire time. I'm not sure about the SRing but I don't see why not.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Is it a thing that when a pokémon that gets sent to gen 7 and its species gains a new possible ability (for example vanilluxe gaining snow warning in gen 7) that once transfered it can gain the ability despite not having it?

So is it a thing that, for example, a vanilluxe with ice body in gen 6 can become snow warning in gen 7?

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Can the pikachu with surf obtained in Ultra Sun/Moon be shiny?

Yes, I've already seen a shiny on Twitter

Is it a thing that when a pokémon that gets sent to gen 7 and its species gains a new possible ability (for example vanilluxe gaining snow warning in gen 7) that once transfered it can gain the ability despite not having it?

So is it a thing that, for example, a vanilluxe with ice body in gen 6 can become snow warning in gen 7?

I don't know that it is possible for an ability to change, but if it is possible, there is only one instance where it can happen and it requires that the new ability is not a hidden ability and the pokemon being transferred doesn't have it's hidden ability.

Abilities have 3 slots. Slot 1 and 2 are normal abilities, slot 3 is the hidden ability. If a species of pokemon only has one ability, all three slots are the same ability. If the pokemon only has one normal ability and a hidden ability, slot 1 and 2 are both the normal ability and slot 3 is the hidden. The only way a pokemon from gen6 or earlier could end up with a new ability in gen 7 would be if it only had one normal ability before, it's ability was slot 2, and they added a new ability to slot 2 in gen 7.

For example:

Vanilluxe (Pre-Gen 7)
Ability slot 1: Ice Body
Ability slot 2: Ice Body
Ability slot 3: Weak Armor (Hidden)

Vanilluxe (Gen 7)
Ability slot 1: Ice Body
Ability slot 2: Snow Warning
Ability slot 3: Weak Armor (Hidden)

If your Gen 6 or earlier Vanilluxe has a slot 2 Ice Body, then transferring it to Gen 7 would likely change it's ability to the new slot 2 ability, Snow Warning.

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
So I have seen conflicting reports about this, so can one with experience (and Ultra Moon) give me a straightforward answer?

IGN says that Dusk Form Lycanrock (in Ultra Moon) is obtained at 5am 3DS time.
RPG Site says is obtained (in Ultra Moon) at 5pm 3DS time.
Which is the true news? Do I have to wait until it's 5am here? Or do I have to relax and chill until 5pm?

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
So I have seen conflicting reports about this, so can one with experience (and Ultra Moon) give me a straightforward answer?

Which is the true news? Do I have to wait until it's 5am here? Or do I have to relax and chill until 5pm?
You unfortunately have to wait until 5 AM. :(

AmethystLeslie

What I did was change the time. I was worried that it wouldn't work, but it did. Yes, you're locked from daily events, so try to get those done before you go change the time.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

I wouldn't be surprised if it can evolve at both times. I'm going to try at 5 PM tonight and report back later.

Serebii's Rockruff page says 5-6PM.

AmethystLeslie

I wouldn't be surprised if it can evolve at both times. I'm going to try at 5 PM tonight and report back later.

Serebii's Rockruff page says 5-6PM.

It doesn't, cuz in the game's logic, assuming your 3DS's time is the actual time, 5pm is Ultra Moon's 5am, but it has to be 5pm Ultra Moon's time, which is 5am our time.

Basically, it has to actually be Dusk, or sunset, day going into night.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
It doesn't, cuz in the game's logic, assuming your 3DS's time is the actual time, 5pm is Ultra Moon's 5am, but it has to be 5pm Ultra Moon's time, which is 5am our time.

Basically, it has to actually be Dusk, or sunset, day going into night.

Yeah, I looked a little more into this and the consensus is that Moon is 5-6AM real time and Sun is 5-6PM real time.

I feel like GF really messed up with this. Dusk form is called Twilight in Japan, which is both Sunrise and Sunset.

SkiesBuizel

Traveler Trainer
Hey guys!
I need help to understand the situation. I tried to breed M and F Abra for getting a nature I want but instead, I get the same different natures. I did with Ditto as well. I tried many times and what odd is that they are all the same nature I had hatched before. I am very confuse how that possible. Is this cause some bug or it just that way?