1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Endless, Nov 17, 2016.

1. KalosChampion

KalosChampion Well-Known Member

Follow up question- where in Ten Carat Hill is the black Pokémon?

2. goodpeople25

goodpeople25 Well-Known Member

Roaming in the back grass area.

3. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 I'm gonna miss my boi Deoxys...

Can someone please explain to me in depth how weather SOS battles work? Like, can I get a vanillite through an SOS battle with an absol, as long as it's hailing?

4. Quasarlock

Quasarlock New Member

When is TM27 Return available? I've looked at different websites, and they all just say the malasada shop in malie city or show an image guide. I've gone there at night like it says, but the characters I need to speak to haven't been there... I don't know what needs to be accomplished before they'll appear in the shop.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  5. Wulava

Wulava Chuffed to bits Staff Member Moderator

Post-game I believe...
    Although in my case, he sold me a Shiny Stone instead for P3,000. Maybe because I'm playing Sun...

Talk to the Oranguru first to get Frustration.
    Then the Policeman will give you Return afterwards.

6. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Shameless self-quote, but I need some grinding...

7. Quasarlock

Quasarlock New Member

lol i know >.< but they aren't there.

8. Wulava

Are you sure you're in Malie City's Malasada Shop at Night?
    You might be confusing the other restaurant with the Malasada one...

Never happened to me... Are you sure they reset?
    Because I've never read other people experiencing trainer rebattles since the game leaked...

9. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Did you press B to get close enough? If yes, then don't do that, you basically scared the fish by going too fast. Using Sharpedo also makes it disappear since Sharpedo moves fast.

10. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Huh. Could've swore Gamexplain said something about rematching those trainers...

Oh well, I'll find other ways to grind.

11. Tiger21820

Tiger21820 Master of Fire & Ice

Can you get the national pokédex in the games? Or will this be like Ruby & Sapphire where you have to trade (or in this case, transfer) a non-Alola pokémon from Pokémon Bank to unlock it?

12. Wulava

Nope. There is none. Island Scan allows you to catch non-Alola Dex Pokemon, but it never unlocked the National Dex.

13. Quasarlock

Quasarlock New Member

Just got on the game to check even though I was 100 % sure it was the right place since I've gone there like 5 times and bought from it... but they were there. I guess maybe I wasn't going late enough? I've definitely been there at least 8 pm or later though. Also, I adjusted my clock back one hour before I got on since it's been wrong... Don't know why that would glitch it, but could've been it I suppose. It was off because of the end of daylight savings, and I never bothered to fix it. I'm not sure. Either way problem solved, lol. Thanks for your time.

14. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

There is no National Pokédex in Sun & Moon as currently constituted, and data mining efforts have not produced anything that suggests differently below the surface.

Either January will arrive and the ability to import Pokémon will unlock something unaccounted for, or Pokémon Bank itself will be updated to serve as a sort of National Pokédex itself.

15. Wulava

Meddling with your system clock affects time-based events in the game. :p
    But anyway, glad you already got it.

16. YK1992

YK1992 New Member

please help!

i try to evolve Happiny but it won't hold the oval stone... Dooes ist evolve differently in SM?

17. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

Won't hold the Oval Stone as in... it just won't hold it? That makes absolutely no sense.

Assuming you mean Happiny will hold it and just isn't evolving, are you trying during the day?

18. YK1992

YK1992 New Member

No i try to give the stone to it to hold but it says it can't hold the item

19. goodpeople25

goodpeople25 Well-Known Member

You're giving it to happiniy? Cause the oval stone (and presumably other similar items) is now classified ax an evolution item and defaults to using the item. and giving an unable message when it won't work(night), though i need to test that last part.

Edit: tested, disregard that last part. (Pity, would of been nice to have, but hey can't say the alternate world isn't convenient, thougb that could have messed up my results...)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  20. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

It says Unable, but you can still make Happiny hold it.