• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hello everyone! I only recently registered in this forum to seek help with an issue I've been having with my copy of the game.

I have Pokémon Moon, and have been trying to trade with a friend ever since he got his copy (he got it yesterday). The thing is... I can't. For some reason, any time I try to trade with him and one of us accepts the invitation, I receive an error message either saying "sorry, an error has occurred" or this error code: 268442-0100.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. For some reason, I cannot:

- Add visitors as VIPs in my Festival Plaza.
- Use WT without the error I mentioned before appearing.

The weirdest thing is that I CAN deposit and trade via GTS, but I can't see my friend's deposits either. It's as if I wasn't allowed to trade with him.

Have any of you had any similar experience with the Festival Plaza? I'm kinda worried about this, especially since I bought this game on its release date and of course it is a legal copy, so any kind of ban shouldn't be applied to my game (not in my knowledge).

Thank you very much in advance to anyone who is able to help me out with this issue!

It sounds like your problem is that you are not connecting to the Internet at Festival Plaza. To do so, you need to tap on the wi-fi button on the lower-right corner of the touch screen, which will bring the game online. You need to activate Game Sync before participating in most of the Festival Plaza things though.

i got around to beating the ultra beasts but havent caught nekromza. i finally got rid of the hat, where can i find the hair accessories for my character? the hair band would be preferable, i did find the shoping mall but they only had barrettes.

btw does spending FC in festival plaza delay the leveling up process or do FC gains accumulate after leveling up?

The Festival Plaza's level is based on your total accumulated FC to date, so go ahead and spend whatever FC you have. It won't count against leveling up Festival Plaza.

Hair accessories will vary depending on if you're playing as the boy or the girl. I take it you're using the girl, in which case I can't help you with that.

How does the weather work in the overworld? aka snow in Tapu Village and rain in Lush Jungle? Is it based on time of day, or is it run by RNG when you enter the area?

It's always raining in Malie Garden every evening, but it may just be a coincidence. I've only seen hail in Tapu Village once, and I have never once seen rain in Lush Jungle.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So apparently you can change the time in Moon to be that in Sun. Can you do the opposite?

TiredButAwake

If someone trades me a hacked pokemon (i dont know if it has happened or not already) will i get banned from the internet? or does this only apply to people who literally hack their game? im terrfied of it. i cant afford a new system. i still have the 3ds that first came out. also no im not a hacker, i didnt hack my game. i hate hacking and even cloning. i dont ever do it. i just heard about this a while ago so i was honestly curious.

BCVM22

So apparently you can change the time in Moon to be that in Sun. Can you do the opposite?

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/altworld.shtml

If someone trades me a hacked pokemon (i dont know if it has happened or not already) will i get banned from the internet? or does this only apply to people who literally hack their game? im terrfied of it. i cant afford a new system. i still have the 3ds that first came out. also no im not a hacker, i didnt hack my game. i hate hacking and even cloning. i dont ever do it. i just heard about this a while ago so i was honestly curious.

You could not possibly have any less of a reason to worry. Relax.

Lugiafan49

Okay guys dunno if this is the right place to post but I have a question.
So I haven't beaten the game yet and I've heard Lusamine second encounter is supposed to be really hard.
Like, Harder than B/W Ghetsis? So first question is if this is actually true? BTW I'm doing a mono-ghost run on pokemon moon so keep that in mind.
Second question is would you recommend overleveling or even EV training for the fight? Until I get an answer I'm going to assume the answer to both is yes.
Please answer if you know.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Okay guys dunno if this is the right place to post but I have a question.
So I haven't beaten the game yet and I've heard Lusamine second encounter is supposed to be really hard.
Like, Harder than B/W Ghetsis? So first question is if this is actually true? BTW I'm doing a mono-ghost run on pokemon moon so keep that in mind.
Second question is would you recommend overleveling or even EV training for the fight? Until I get an answer I'm going to assume the answer to both is yes.
Please answer if you know.

It's mainly her Clefable, whatever Pokémon I used, even the super effective moves just barely scratched it, which she healed before I could do any serious damage. It wasn't until my Decidueye landed a critical hit while having only 1hp left that I managed to beat it.

Some people had no problems beating her though. I don't think intensive preparation is absolutely necessary, but it might make that Clefable seem a little less of a nightmare.

Gengarite X

I posted my question in the General thread already, but I guess it's more fitting in this topic:

The whole evolution move thingy has got me kind of confused. So there's no way my Kadabra can learn Confusion when it evolves from Abra at level 16?

TiredButAwake

I posted my question in the General thread already, but I guess it's more fitting in this topic:

The whole evolution move thingy has got me kind of confused. So there's no way my Kadabra can learn Confusion when it evolves from Abra at level 16?

Why would you say that? It learns confusion at level 16 which is when it evolves into kadabra.

Gengarite X

Why would you say that? It learns confusion at level 16 which is when it evolves into kadabra.

Well my Kadabra learned Kinesis at level 16. And according to the following..

There is, however, an issue with Evolution Moves at time of writing. If you evolve a Pokémon at a level when the evolution would learn the move which is also a Level 1 Move, and it has an Evolution Move, then the Pokémon won't learn the standard move. For example, Abra evolves at Level 16 and Kadabra is meant to learn Confusion at Level 16, but it also has the Evolution Move Kinesis. Due to this, the Kadabra won't try to learn Confusion. It is unclear if this is a glitch or an intended consequence.

http://serebii.net/sunmoon/evolutionmoves.shtml

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hello~ ^^
I was checking my pokedex, And I found out that a shiny Vulpix was registered (not alolan form). I don't cheat and I didn't receive any shiny Vulpixes through trade. The only option left is the QR scanner. I scanned an alolan Vulpix a few days ago, So how does this work? does it register every data the upholder of the code has in the dex?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Aren't they doing a promotion before the PGL closes? I'd guess the miles are expiring

They did. Generation 6 PGL not longer worked as of Nov 1st 2016. Any Pokémiles on the PGL site is "lost". You can still spend Pokémiles in still in XYORAS from a certain NPC within game. You can earn them without ever using any communication function.

I did some research on this a few months ago. /shameless plug

Last edited:

Dragonite Fan

How do I start a Non-multiplayer battle royal?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The Festival Plaza's level is based on your total accumulated FC to date, so go ahead and spend whatever FC you have. It won't count against leveling up Festival Plaza.

Hair accessories will vary depending on if you're playing as the boy or the girl. I take it you're using the girl, in which case I can't help you with that.

thank you for the reply ophie and P0larizer, im trying to get to lvl 10 minimum for the festival plaza.

the hair accessories are confusing me atm, ive seen characters in plaza with ribbon/star head bands and for some reason i cant find them in mine. only the gem barrette. ive gone and caught all the post game pkmn ie UBs and Necromza to see if they had post game requirements but no luck so far..

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Trying to level up a bunch of Pokemon for my regional dex, and Rufflet/Vullaby are taking quite some time to level up right now. ;_;

Since you're trying to raise the levels of those Pokemon, I would personally suggest that you have the EXP share turned on and have a Pokemon at the front of your party that can easily take down those kind of Pokemon until the levels of your Rufflet/Vullaby are high enough to do them on their own.

Hello everyone! I only recently registered in this forum to seek help with an issue I've been having with my copy of the game.

I have Pokémon Moon, and have been trying to trade with a friend ever since he got his copy (he got it yesterday). The thing is... I can't. For some reason, any time I try to trade with him and one of us accepts the invitation, I receive an error message either saying "sorry, an error has occurred" or this error code: 268442-0100.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. For some reason, I cannot:

- Add visitors as VIPs in my Festival Plaza.
- Use WT without the error I mentioned before appearing.

The weirdest thing is that I CAN deposit and trade via GTS, but I can't see my friend's deposits either. It's as if I wasn't allowed to trade with him.

Have any of you had any similar experience with the Festival Plaza? I'm kinda worried about this, especially since I bought this game on its release date and of course it is a legal copy, so any kind of ban shouldn't be applied to my game (not in my knowledge).

Thank you very much in advance to anyone who is able to help me out with this issue!

I'm having a number of issues with the online stuff as well. Apparently some people aren't aware, but it seems that there are quite a few bugs with this whole Festival Plaza stuff still and they need to get to work on it PDQ because the amount of bugs are pretty high.

Where do we take a person at the Festival Plaza when they say "Take me to a place you think I'd like"? I thought it was the lottery places but it wasn't. :S

I just send them to Big Dreams each time. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It seems that this attempt at satisfying a guest is purely guesswork.

thank you for the reply, im trying to get to lvl 10 minimum for the festival plaza.

the hair accessories are confusing me atm, ive seen characters in plaza with ribbon/star head bands and for some reason i cant find them in mine. only the gem barrette. ive gone and caught all the post game pkmn ie UBs and Necromza to see if they had post game requirements but no luck so far..

The hair accessory place is located at Olivia's Jewelry shop in Konikoni City. When you enter, speak to the right hand desk person.

Also, just a quick tip for ranking up your festival plaza if you want it, try to participate in the type-matchup test missions. Those will help you grow fairly quickly.

Oh, and before I forget again, could someone remind me where the Loto ID place is?

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex

No...the people being banned are the ones who pirated a copy of the game early. Hacked Pokémon won't get you banned. The worst that will happen is that the Pokémon won't be eligible for online battling. Even then, the only thing that happens is that the message "your party contains a Pokémon that doesn't meet the requirements". Even then, this is only if the Pokémon is illegal. If it's a legal hack, then you have no problems. If you got this Pokémon off the GTS or through wondertrade, chances are it's a legal hack if it's even a hack at all. You're good.

RDaneel

Question:

¿Is possible to get more than 50 FC to raise them? Guests are asking for 1500 coins to get the shops I would like to have.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Anyone know where you can get more pokébeans? I keep on running out and the 10 or so you can get daily at the pokémon centre don't keep up with how much my pokémon eat (especially now that I've got Munchlax through Mystery Gift, expecting that one to eat huge amounts). My pokémon are going to starve to death within a couple of days if this keeps up unless I spend a couple of days just collecting those beans without any battling, and I'm sure that's not really the point of the system. I'm still on the first island btw, just managed to defeat the Kahuna guy.

Last edited:

DJStarstryker

Question:

¿Is possible to get more than 50 FC to raise them? Guests are asking for 1500 coins to get the shops I would like to have.

I've never seen any missions give more than 50. I don't think it's possible.

All you can do is play missions over and over and grind out those coins. I've found that the type matchup missions give the most coins, and are most reliable at doing so. If you can get 16 points, that will get you 5 stars in the individual score category. You may not be able to get 16 points if the game you're joining doesn't have enough time left (the closer to 3 minutes the better). The overall score category is hit and miss - it really depends on how many people are participating in the game. And, of course, you have no control over that.