• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

BlitzGirl41

How does the EV training (specifically in PokePelago) work? If I was to try to train a Pokemon in a stat that they are weak in, would it at all affect them positively in the long run? Because there are Pokemon on my team that I absolutely love but really hate their low Speed or Defense or Special Defense.

BlazingRagnarok

This has probably been asked a hundred times before so I apologize for repeating it, but where is the best place to level post-E4? Fill up my Dex and I have a lot of Pokemon to evolve... :)

I'm afraid we only have E4 rematches and poni gauntlet wild pokemon as far as leveling locations go.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
This has probably been asked a hundred times before so I apologize for repeating it, but where is the best place to level post-E4? Fill up my Dex and I have a lot of Pokemon to evolve... :)

The grassy areas of Poni Wilds is a good area in my opinion. Or if you already have Pokemon that could quickly take out wild Pokemon in their 50's, you might consider spending some time in the grassy areas of Poni plains.

Now for 2 questions of my own.

1. I have a swift wing, a genius wing, and a health wing, but I can't use them on any member in my party. Why not?

2. Where do I get the Ice Z-crystal and the Psychic Z-crystal?

cl94

2. Where do I get the Ice Z-crystal and the Psychic Z-crystal?

Ice is in the right side of the cave on Mount Lanakila. Psychic is in the NE part of the desert.

Back to level grinding, the battle buffet and Game Freak are also good places, but only once a day.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
1. I have a swift wing, a genius wing, and a health wing, but I can't use them on any member in my party. Why not?

Your party members probably have maxed EVs already. Wings, unlike vitamins, can be used on Pokémon with over 100 EVs in [insert stat], but not on Pokémon with maxed EVs in [insert stat] or just in general.

XXD17

Draco rex
I'm trying to chain Drampa looking for a HA one but they are just not calling for help and when they do nothing appears. Another one only appears every 10 turns or so which isn't ideal in the slightest. I've got the one remaining to 1HP with False Swipe, it's not got a status condition and I've used the adrenaline orb but they still don't come. Am I missing something or is Drampa just extremely difficult to chain?

That's just how SOS works. It's random. I spent a good hour looking for a mareanie, about 40 minutes looking for a snow warning vulpix, and I still have yet to find a hidden ability lycanroc. Either they struggle and kill themselves or I run out of PP for skill swap. It's super annoying...

How is everyone else HA hunting? The only synchronize 'mon I've seen is abra and that line is too frail to switch in many times...

Last edited:

kinvara

pokemon legend
can some one plz explain to me why I cant simply stick ditto in the nursery with any other pokemon now it says that they don't get on how am I gonna get a baby if ive only got one parent because its sooo hard to get the other parent off the gts when I cant get it in game ie another female breviary im playing moon so cant get the pokemon in my game unless I use gts

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
can some one plz explain to me why I cant simply stick ditto in the nursery with any other pokemon now it says that they don't get on how am I gonna get a baby if ive only got one parent because its sooo hard to get the other parent off the gts when I cant get it in game ie another female breviary im playing moon so cant get the pokemon in my game unless I use gts
Assuming you mean the quote "The two don't seen to like each other", that's always the case if two compatible Pokemon of different species share the same ID Number. An egg will be produced, just that it may take a while.

Only if the message "The two prefer to play with other Pokemon more than with each other." (Or something similar) is displayed will an egg not be produced.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does anyone know of repeatable double battles? It's awfully difficult for me to get particular moves onto Smeargle otherwise.

Thanks to both of you! I managed to get the last Z-Crystal too!

One more thing that's unrelated to this: Does anyone have any recommended Pokemon to chain for a four IV Ditto? I know it's still luck-based but I've been trying to find a Pokemon that can at least effectively chain a ton of Ditto in the best way possible.

Whenever I'm serious about catching Ditto in previous games, I would bring a Magikarp with me for Ditto to transform into. And lots and lots of Repeat Balls. I have not yet attempted to SOS-chain Ditto yet (but it is on my list), so I can't help you any further than that.

That's just how SOS works. It's random. I spent a good hour looking for a mareanie, about 40 minutes looking for a snow warning vulpix, and I still have yet to find a hidden ability lycanroc. Either they struggle and kill themselves or I run out of PP for skill swap. It's super annoying...

How is everyone else HA hunting? The only synchronize 'mon I've seen is abra and that line is too frail to switch in many times...

Your options for Synchronize in this game are the Abra line, Espeon, and Umbreon. I don't think there are any other available ones. Personally, I'd pick Role Play over Skill Swap, as it has twice as much PP (20,and with PP Ups, up to 32). Kadabra and Alakazam learn it at Level 41.

The wild Pokémon is more likely to call for help when its HP is low, but I'm sure you already know that. Something to keep in mind is that you do not need to keep the original Pokémon in play. As long as there are two wild Pokémon, you can knock out either of them without breaking the chain. The chain only breaks when the battle ends by either fleeing or knocking out every wild Pokémon.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got my festival plaza level from 17-26 today and got very lucky and was offered/taken team green dye 1 star on lvl 21. i dyed a few clothes pastel green and noticed that those of the white items i purchased/dyed were now only in pastel green. if i dye them a different color will i still retain the pastel green + the new color or will it be over-written with the newer color?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
i got my festival plaza level from 17-26 today and got very lucky and was offered/taken team green dye 1 star on lvl 21. i dyed a few clothes pastel green and noticed that those of the white items i purchased/dyed were now only in pastel green. if i dye them a different color will i still retain the pastel green + the new color or will it be over-written with the newer color?

The new colors completely override the old ones. If you want to bleach it back to white, they'll let you do so for 10 FC.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The new colors completely override the old ones. If you want to bleach it back to white, they'll let you do so for 10 FC.

thank you very much, no wonder i saw the original white clothes for 10FC. i presume id have to bleach it white before i can dye them again. im just hoping to get team green 3 star someday. though im liking the pastel green for the time being. i have yet to see the darker shades but it has left me with 1 missing item to order to complete the current outfit (with any luck by tomorrow).

do the berry yields increase in poke pelago if you use more beans to double the time? i dont use them to hit a 24hr period for EV berrieas atm (mid 30hrs) but use them to have a convenient harvest time. im getting around 10 berries per plant.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I saw on Game FAQ that the Bounsweet you receive from an in-game trade has perfect Attack IVs along with an Adamant nature. Does anyone know if that's true?

XXD17

Draco rex
I saw on Game FAQ that the Bounsweet you receive from an in-game trade has perfect Attack IVs along with an Adamant nature. Does anyone know if that's true?

Not sure about IV's, but the one I got is adamant. I'm pretty sure it's locked. I think golem you get is locked with impish nature too.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis

Mine is Adamant and has perfect Attack and Defense, so the answer is probably yes.