• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Bruno_Guiamraes

So no way to get non-Alolan pokemon until January right?
Man what a shame....I'm very open minded when it comes to pokemon, but still my favorite team is always Charizard, Sceptile, Hydreigon(or Salamance), Tyranitar, Starraptor and Gyarados.
And as far as I recal only Gyarados and Salamance are in the game. I don't mind trying diferent pokemon AS LONG as I know i can make my favorite team if i want to.
I hope that anyone here understands what I'm trying to say.
And also anyone else finds a little strange you can ride a Charizard in the game BUT at the same time don't be able to raise one in the game?
And also why only in January why not now?

khafka

gotta smoke 'em all.
is there a specific thread for trades? Couldn't find one for sun and moon specifically anywhere

nel3

Crimson Dragon
What do you mean by upgrade? You just buy clothes at the apparel shop and have your hair style and color changed at the salon. There are several clothing shops and salons across Alola.

I believe the EV training area is done on the PokePelago's Isle Evelup, which is unlocked by catching certain amount of Pokemon and number of Pokebeans.

thank you very much for the reply. i'll heve to progress further past the first trial to get some more options in other shops for the time being. i'll go get some more pkmn/beans to get around to the ev training areas. i dont much like having random EVs assigned to my pkmn.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
No one has dyed clothes yet? I am still confusing about it. I have bought white shorts at Ekaeka and the NPC at the dying station (blue at level one and yellow at level three) tell me I have no clothing to dye. The clothes have to be just white or there are specefic clothes after Ekaeka for dying? Maybe I have to progress in the story? I am not out yet from Ekaeka.

I believe only white non-print clothes can be dyed.

Here's a list for the guys:
- Plain Tee, Tank Top, Collared Shirt, Pinstripe Collared Shirt, Polo Shirt, Star-Print Polo
- Plain Cargo Shorts, Capri Pants
- Crew Socks
- Sporty Sneakers, Loafers
- Scout Pack, Sporty Backpack, Leather Backpack
- Trilby Hat

So idea for the girls, sorry.

So no way to get non-Alolan pokemon until January right?
Man what a shame....I'm very open minded when it comes to pokemon, but still my favorite team is always Charizard, Sceptile, Hydreigon(or Salamance), Tyranitar, Starraptor and Gyarados.
And as far as I recal only Gyarados and Salamance are in the game. I don't mind trying diferent pokemon AS LONG as I know i can make my favorite team if i want to.
I hope that anyone here understands what I'm trying to say.
And also anyone else finds a little strange you can ride a Charizard in the game BUT at the same time don't be able to raise one in the game?
And also why only in January why not now?

The only Pokemon obtainable are those found in the Dex, and those National Dex Pokemon available with the Island Scan.
So yeah, we all have to wait until the PokeBank update in January.

Hey guys, my game keeps crashing went I try to go to route 3, does this happen to anyone else

If this is a digital eShop version, I suggest re-downloading.

is there a specific thread for trades? Couldn't find one for sun and moon specifically anywhere

We have the Gen 7 Trade Forum.

FireChick

Does anyone know how to access the rest of route 5? This one guy keeps telling me I need to defeat all the trainers there so I can battle him, but there's this one area I can't access, and there's a youngster on that part that I'm sure I need to defeat in order to battle him.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Does anyone know how to access the rest of route 5? This one guy keeps telling me I need to defeat all the trainers there so I can battle him, but there's this one area I can't access, and there's a youngster on that part that I'm sure I need to defeat in order to battle him.

The remaining part of Route 5 is only accessible from the north side, via Route 8/Lush Jungle side.
Don't worry, you'll reach that area eventually. Just be patient.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
How do you get taurus' ride? I want to go to Ten Carat Hill to get me a rockruff....

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
How early are we able to change our character's hairstyle and colour? Also where do you get the contact lenses (or however you change your eye colour)?

Durbe

I'm tired
I just finished the 5th trial, does anyone have any suggestions for good Fire Pokemon to pick up from there? I just learnt that Salandit can only evolve when female and I caught a male one... Big mistake.

How early are we able to change our character's hairstyle and colour? Also where do you get the contact lenses (or however you change your eye colour)?
As soon as you reach Hauoli City (first major city).

FireChick

Does anyone know where that NPC is who wants to see a Rockruff? I can't remember where he is. I already did the lady who wanted to see a Cutiefly.

Grey Wind

Can anybody tell me where finneon is located? I don't mind being spoiled.

You can find it by surfing in a bunch of places, mostly around Akala. All the Pokemon locations have been added to the main site, check there for details.

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
Where in the world do I need to dig with Stoutland in order to get the Miracle Seed for Mallow's trial? I have every other ingredient.

EDIT: Never mind. Found it.

Last edited:

Munchlax66

What can the following items do in the game besides being sold:

Comet Shard
Balm Mushroom
Stardust
Pretty Wing
Star Piece