• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

gliscor&yanmega

Something weird happened with my once-a-day events. Poke Palego had everything update like normal, but I was told I already put 7 beans in a bottle. Festival Plaza let me do everything again like normal, except the Fortune Teller tents had the same phrases from yesterday even though they charged me again. What happened? I downloaded the update yesterday. Could it have caused this? It can't be my 3DS's clock because I didn't change it, it still has the right time, and other games like Rumble World did not freak out like they do during Daylight Savings.

Bean Bottles may be a case of once every 24 hours, so is it perhaps not a full 24 hours since you last did it?

As for Fortune Teller, I think you can get the same phrases more than once so unless it said "You already did it today" then it's likely a case that you simply got unlucky with it.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Bean Bottles may be a case of once every 24 hours, so is it perhaps not a full 24 hours since you last did it?

As for Fortune Teller, I think you can get the same phrases more than once so unless it said "You already did it today" then it's likely a case that you simply got unlucky with it.

I can confirm this from experience. Bean Bottles are every 24 hours rather than a straightforward kind of once-a-day, and I've gotten phrases I already have from my fortune-teller tent pretty often.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
It's actually Level 36. I didn't realize the formula had changed. I looked it up and did the math myself.
so a nest ball in gen 7 will only work the same 1x catch rate as a pokeball only when the pokemon I am catching is level 36 or higher?

Also no one answered the first part of my post at the top of the page...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
does anyone know what the most recent update for SuMo on the DS system entailed? at first i thought it was a PKBank update but it was made clear it likely was just a moderate patch to the current game as PKbank update would've caused some sort of big commotion/excitement on the forum site.

gliscor&yanmega

No one probably knew the answer. I checked around on the Pokearth page and Route 17 doesn't show any special places for the Flying Pokemon(Where as other locations showed special places), so they likely drop stuff in the grass. Otherwise there is an error somewhere on either the Dropped Item page or the Pokearth page.

does anyone know what the most recent update for SuMo on the DS system entailed? at first i thought it was a PKBank update but it was made clear it likely was just a moderate patch to the current game as PKbank update would've caused some sort of big commotion/excitement on the forum site.

The main serebii page gave the details:
A brand new patch has been released for the Generation VII Pokémon games. This patch brings the game up to Version 1.1 and provides a few updates. The patch is 296 blocks to download. These patches are required to go online on your games and required to participate at official events. This patch fixes the previously announced glitch with the moves Z-Parting Shot and Z-Memento on Battle Spot and a glitch in regards to the winner of a game if Rocky Helmet knocks the opponent out when you're knocked out. It also fixes the glitch where a Pokémon wouldn't learn a move when it evolved such as with Kadabra and Confusion
Note: Battle Videos from Version 1.0 cannot be watched in Version 1.1
Edit @ 14:04: To clarify, since some questions have been raised, even though Parting Shot & Memento's glitch has been fixed, they will not be allowed on Battle Spot until Season 2 begins at 04:00 UTC on Tuesday January 17th 2017.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
The main serebii page gave the details:
A brand new patch has been released for the Generation VII Pokémon games. This patch brings the game up to Version 1.1 and provides a few updates. The patch is 296 blocks to download. These patches are required to go online on your games and required to participate at official events. This patch fixes the previously announced glitch with the moves Z-Parting Shot and Z-Memento on Battle Spot and a glitch in regards to the winner of a game if Rocky Helmet knocks the opponent out when you're knocked out. It also fixes the glitch where a Pokémon wouldn't learn a move when it evolved such as with Kadabra and Confusion
Note: Battle Videos from Version 1.0 cannot be watched in Version 1.1
Edit @ 14:04: To clarify, since some questions have been raised, even though Parting Shot & Memento's glitch has been fixed, they will not be allowed on Battle Spot until Season 2 begins at 04:00 UTC on Tuesday January 17th 2017.

thank you very much, i didnt know that serebii also provided info on the updates to the related games. im a patient person for the most part so a few more weeks before the PKbank update wont hurt me at all.

did they mention anything about the pokemon center saving glitch at any point since the game's release? apparently there is a very small chance to activate an invisibility cloak on your character if you save inside the center and shut off/ start up the game inside the center. apparently you cant see or move your character at all and you just see a mostly empty pkmn center with your player not even showing on the screen.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
If I didn't see the announcement of the patch here and didn't know that I needed the patch to continue to be able to use the online features, I wouldn't have been able to tell if anything got fixed since nothing I wanted to see get fixed got fixed.

Okay, that's hopefully the last you'll hear from me about this. Sorry guys; I'm just really salty about this I guess...

BCVM22

did they mention anything about the pokemon center saving glitch at any point since the game's release?

Apparently that wasn't actually a thing and the people who were encountering it had other, more illicit factors at work.

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
Apparently that wasn't actually a thing and the people who were encountering it had other, more illicit factors at work.

Any news about fixing the save glitch at the Battle Tree yet?

Akashin

Any news about fixing the save glitch at the Battle Tree yet?

That's the one he's referring to, I believe. And unless I'm mistaken, it only happens to you if you've been cheating. If you haven't, you're good to go. And if you have, well, I guess these are the risks you'll have to be willing to take.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

ah, playing with the game itself is never a good thing. i know that myself, ive seen the damage to my pkmn yellow/silver with the GBC era. i can still play the games now if i wanted, but i know what can be done to the coding.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
So, I have actually never played the SuMo demo. Can I still get the special Greninja or was that a limited thing?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
So, I have actually never played the SuMo demo. Can I still get the special Greninja or was that a limited thing?
As long as the demo is still on the E-shop, you can get the special Greninja at any time.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
As long as the demo is still on the E-shop, you can get the special Greninja at any time.

Oh, great. :> Might as well ask while it's downloading, how long is the demo approximately? I'd just like to rush through it.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Oh, great. :> Might as well ask while it's downloading, how long is the demo approximately? I'd just like to rush through it.

Not too long if you just want to send Greninja over, it will take 24 days if you want to see all the events and obtain all transferable items (they are just stuff for selling at the Pokemart for cash).

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
so a nest ball in gen 7 will only work the same 1x catch rate as a pokeball only when the pokemon I am catching is level 36 or higher?

Yes, the Nest Ball falls to x1 if the wild Pokémon is Level 36 or higher.

As for the first question, I didn't understand what you mean. Are you saying you can't find shadows on Route 3 or the rustling trees on Ruote 10?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Yes, the Nest Ball falls to x1 if the wild Pokémon is Level 36 or higher.

As for the first question, I didn't understand what you mean. Are you saying you can't find shadows on Route 3 or the rustling trees on Ruote 10?
No I can't find shadows, rustling grass or trees on route 17, where it says health/swift and resist/clever come from fearow/skarmory there.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hello~ ^^
I've have a question about league challenger Faba.
He is the only one who yet has to appear. I've been SRing on and off for him, but he hasn't challenged me yet! Is there anything I need to do for him to appear?

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Hello~ ^^
I've have a question about league challenger Faba.
He is the only one who yet has to appear. I've been SRing on and off for him, but he hasn't challenged me yet! Is there anything I need to do for him to appear?

I believe it's really random.