• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
i recently was offered Sinnoh tent 5* on lvl 95 and got a message that i'll have decent luck in WT. i know that certain replies can get you more FC from the players in the plaza but are statements on WT results give you 4fc instead of 2fc? will a better reading from the fortune teller increase the FC gained from a WT?

All right, so now I can say this: I got myself a 3-Star Johto Tent and a 5-Star Kalos Tent. Both of them agreed I'd have good luck in a Wonder Trade. I did some Wonder Trades, and the people gave me 6 FC per Wonder Trade.

Hence, I think it's a straight up +2 bonus FC for each Wonder Trade per fortune teller who tells you as such.

See that's exactly what I did.. but whenever I put the new card in, nothing registers as being there..

If you put the SD card into your computer, does it show those folders with everything in them?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
All right, so now I can say this: I got myself a 3-Star Johto Tent and a 5-Star Kalos Tent. Both of them agreed I'd have good luck in a Wonder Trade. I did some Wonder Trades, and the people gave me 6 FC per Wonder Trade.

Hence, I think it's a straight up +2 bonus FC for each Wonder Trade per fortune teller who tells you as such.

thank you for the reply, i did notice a +2 boost in FCs with the WT, +3->4 FC gain in missions when it declared decent luck in both areas. im wondering how much more FC that can be boosted if you get a reading thats better than decent luck. i did come across some WTs wher they'd normally give 4 fc->so the 2 FC boost also came into effect there.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I think it goes like this: If you get "decent luck" for wonder trade you get x2 what you would usually get for interacting with your trade partner. For "good luck" you'll get x3 and for "very good luck" you get x4.

And the "decent luck" for missions means 10 percent more FC for your successes.

That VIP who I said has a Festival Plaza level of over 800 has four 5-star tents in their Plaza. I think that plays a significant role as to how he had gotten so high.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think it goes like this: If you get "decent luck" for wonder trade you get x2 what you would usually get for interacting with your trade partner. For "good luck" you'll get x3 and for "very good luck" you get x4.

That VIP who I said has a Festival Plaza level of over 800 has four 5-star tents in their Plaza. I think that plays a significant role as to how he had gotten so high.

thank you very much, i figured there was some sort of multiplier on the readings. though an X4 reading would certainly explain a crazy plaza level like +800.

TBH, my current Sinnoh 5* tent is mostly temporary to get certain phrases but i do plan on getting 2 more 5* tents for more phrases. after that its still a toss up with rare kitchen for the pkmn lvl ups but if the X4 multiplier is true then im probably better off keeping a 5* tent. im spending FC like a person who just won the lottery on the moon exclusive clothing. i probably used and replaced around 1500 FC today.....

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
See that's exactly what I did.. but whenever I put the new card in, nothing registers as being there..

1. Turn your 3DS off. Make sure the new SD card is completely blank.
2. Create a New folder on your desktop. Call it something like "SD Copy" for easy reference. Make sure it's empty
3. Put your 4GB SD card in, open its folder, select all and copy. Paste in the SD Copy folder. Take out the 4GB card.
4. Put your empty 32GB card in. Select all and copy everything in the SD Copy folder. Paste it in the 32GB card folder.
5. Put the 32 GB card in your 3DS. Turn your 3DS on.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
1. Turn your 3DS off. Make sure the new SD card is completely blank.
2. Create a New folder on your desktop. Call it something like "SD Copy" for easy reference. Make sure it's empty
3. Put your 4GB SD card in, open its folder, select all and copy. Paste in the SD Copy folder. Take out the 4GB card.
4. Put your empty 32GB card in. Select all and copy everything in the SD Copy folder. Paste it in the 32GB card folder.
5. Put the 32 GB card in your 3DS. Turn your 3DS on.

These are the steps that I have taken, and it's not registering anything...

Soo.. I on the off chance it may work, just went to the EShop, to see if it would just let me re-download the digital copy.. It seemingly worked. I spent about 3 hours last night waiting for it to download, grew sleepy, and postponed it .. I'll try again today when I get in from work, but I think I may just be able to skip the whole transferring of things from one SD card to another by simply re-downloading the game, which I would have done initially had I know that was a viable option.

Thanks to the one who offered pointers.. If i run into any more trouble I'll be back lol

Weazul

ok, so im not sure if it goes here but idk where else i should put it. normally when you breed 2 pokemon the mother passes down the pokeball right? but as im trying to breed 2 bagon, the father in a nest ball that i got from wondertrade, and the mother in a luxury ball that i caught myself, all the childresn are coming in nest balls, is there a new mechanic that i am unaware of? the father has no held item and the mother has an everstone if that changes. this is the first time this has happened and ive bred alot of pokemon the same way.

edit: ok, so it looks like its actually a 50/50 split of what pokeball the children come in but still, it was before that children come on the ball the mothers in 100% wasnt it?

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Ditto is the only Pokémon that can't pass on the ball, so catching several Ditto in different balls is pointless. You could've just bred the Moon Ball Wigglytuff with a Ditto and you'd get Moon Ball Cleffas.

Thanks. I'll go ask some people to help me then.

Satoshi & Touko

Okay, so I've just registered for this "Alola Friendly Competition" that is supposed to award 50 BP for all entrants. Anyone know when exactly we get these BP?

Side Note: I will probably fail epicly as I'm not a competitive player. I just wanted the BP :p

BCVM22

It's usually given out via individual serial code from the Global Link website, some time during or after the competition.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

Interesting--that explains a lot.

The fortune tellers also talk about lotteries--I take it that it increases your prize by at least one notch, as I've never received the bottom prize of a Berry Juice any time a fortune teller told me I'd have better luck at the lotteries.

thank you very much, i figured there was some sort of multiplier on the readings. though an X4 reading would certainly explain a crazy plaza level like +800.

TBH, my current Sinnoh 5* tent is mostly temporary to get certain phrases but i do plan on getting 2 more 5* tents for more phrases. after that its still a toss up with rare kitchen for the pkmn lvl ups but if the X4 multiplier is true then im probably better off keeping a 5* tent. im spending FC like a person who just won the lottery on the moon exclusive clothing. i probably used and replaced around 1500 FC today.....

You should probably set aside at least some of that 1,500 FC, as that's the minimum cost of a 5-star facility. It doubles to 3,000 FC if you already have a 5-star facility of that type.

Satoshi & Touko

Interesting--that explains a lot.

The fortune tellers also talk about lotteries--I take it that it increases your prize by at least one notch, as I've never received the bottom prize of a Berry Juice any time a fortune teller told me I'd have better luck at the lotteries.

I had one once that said I would have good luck at the lotteries. When I got that, most times when I drew a lotto ticket, they allowed me to draw another. I wouldn't say my luck at getting a high prize was improved, but being able to draw 2 tickets most times was neat.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You should probably set aside at least some of that 1,500 FC, as that's the minimum cost of a 5-star facility. It doubles to 3,000 FC if you already have a 5-star facility of that type.

in trying to set aside that much FC but i have a problem with near constant purchases on moon exclusive clothes, some are more FC than others....... i do have +1500 on me but thats currently reserved for a 5* EV stall when i have a go ahead for the trade. at any rate i do intend to swap out the previous 5* fortune teller for the new one. the other stalls cant be removed for convenience to EV train my pkmn.

would it still be 1500 FC id i swap Sinnoh tent for Kanto or Johto 5* stall? i do know the same 5* duplicate will be 3000FC charge ie 2 Sinnoh 5* tents in my plaza.

i also have a bad habit to VIP any guest who has an item i want for my collection. i just hit the 50 VIP limit and had to cut out 4 older ones from the past 2 months. is the VIP limit 50 in the plaza? i was under the impression i could have 100 VIPs on the list.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Hey, silly question because I'm out of the loop. If a Pokemon you got in a trade is nicknamable, why is it nicknamable? Is it because it doesn't already have a nickname?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
in trying to set aside that much FC but i have a problem with near constant purchases on moon exclusive clothes, some are more FC than others....... i do have +1500 on me but thats currently reserved for a 5* EV stall when i have a go ahead for the trade. at any rate i do intend to swap out the previous 5* fortune teller for the new one. the other stalls cant be removed for convenience to EV train my pkmn.

would it still be 1500 FC id i swap Sinnoh tent for Kanto or Johto 5* stall? i do know the same 5* duplicate will be 3000FC charge ie 2 Sinnoh 5* tents in my plaza.

i also have a bad habit to VIP any guest who has an item i want for my collection. i just hit the 50 VIP limit and had to cut out 4 older ones from the past 2 months. is the VIP limit 50 in the plaza? i was under the impression i could have 100 VIPs on the list.

As far as I know, it's a flat 3,000 FC, regardless of if you're replacing the old one or not. (As for VIPs, I don't know. I don't acquire that many VIPs. They're all personal acquaintances of mine.)

Hey, silly question because I'm out of the loop. If a Pokemon you got in a trade is nicknamable, why is it nicknamable? Is it because it doesn't already have a nickname?

Did you manage to get a Pokémon through a trade that you can nickname?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
As far as I know, it's a flat 3,000 FC, regardless of if you're replacing the old one or not. (As for VIPs, I don't know. I don't acquire that many VIPs. They're all personal acquaintances of mine.)

thank you very much, looks like i will need to get even more BP stored up for the right time to swap it out. dont worry too much about the capacity, i can still remove a few from the list as most of mine are for the clothing options.

i just got a pretty good luck in festival plaza reading and can hit 120-180 FC gains with the right answers :). i was able to jump 4 levels from 120-124 with 2 SR attempts :) i can see how this can lead to a +800 rank in the plaza.

Last edited: