• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

nel3

Crimson Dragon
You will need a Pokémon Trainers account in the main website in order for you to log in the PGL, which you definitely need an email address to register.

thank you for the reply, i never did link my X/OR acct to PGL in gen6. i wasnt too sure what steps id have to take to register it though adding an email address did look like the method to register fully. where is the option to redeem pokemiles in PGL? i dont want to redeem any points in PGL. id rather take the free BP from PKbank and put them to good use in the game for items.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
On the trainer passport, there originally is a default photo of your character on it. Is there any way to change your current photo back to the default one after you have retaken it?

Akashin

On the trainer passport, there originally is a default photo of your character on it. Is there any way to change your current photo back to the default one after you have retaken it?

Not that I've ever found. But it isn't all that difficult to take your own photo that's close enough to the default anyway, I don't think.

FowTech95

Random Passerby

Have you tried changing your outfit (particularly the headgear) or hairstyle entirely? I remember getting a notice on a change in my Passport photo when I did one of those.

Satoshi & Touko

Have you tried changing your outfit (particularly the headgear) or hairstyle entirely? I remember getting a notice on a change in my Passport photo when I did one of those.

Nah, that doesn't work. I change my character's outfit every day and the photo doesn't return to the default one. Not to worry though; I've figured out how to recreate it manually so I'm all good. BTW be sure to check out the image I posted in the General Discussion thread. It's hilariously cute.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
So... I was strolling through thr GTS when I suddenly saw the same person 4 times in a row with exactly the same pokemon. Is it a GTS glitch or is this just someone who is using powersave?

FowTech95

Random Passerby
Nah, that doesn't work. I change my character's outfit every day and the photo doesn't return to the default one. Not to worry though; I've figured out how to recreate it manually so I'm all good. BTW be sure to check out the image I posted in the General Discussion thread. It's hilariously cute.

Oh really? Have you tried changing hairstyles?

I've seen it and it looks good! I'm more interested in the side view photos of players in PGL though. They look epic AF.

So... I was strolling through thr GTS when I suddenly saw the same person 4 times in a row with exactly the same pokemon. Is it a GTS glitch or is this just someone who is using powersave?

It's most likely a GTS glitch. I've encountered the same thing when I tried to trade the same Magnemite that was supposed to be sniped. It's still sniped but it's not removed in the GTS list.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Anyone know how high each Friendship item from Festival plaza raises friendship?

Fed my Pichu a Friendship Combo and was curious how close that put it to evolution.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Anyone know how much damage is reduced in Double Battles and Battle Royal respectively for spread moves? Bulbapedia mentions 25% reduction but I don't think that's right in gen 7, I think it's more, especially in Royal. Anyone know if it matters if the move also hits your teammate (like Surf, Sparkling Aria, Earthquake) or not (like Muddy Water or Dazzling Gleam)

gliscor&yanmega

Anyone know how much damage is reduced in Double Battles and Battle Royal respectively for spread moves? Bulbapedia mentions 25% reduction but I don't think that's right in gen 7, I think it's more, especially in Royal. Anyone know if it matters if the move also hits your teammate (like Surf, Sparkling Aria, Earthquake) or not (like Muddy Water or Dazzling Gleam)
I'd say still 25% reduced for Doubles(Because I don't see anywhere that says it has been changed and likely Serebii(Or somewhere)would have mentioned it by now). Battle Royal is 50% reduced(Serebii says).
I don't believe it matters if it his your ally, still does the 25% reduction. If there is only one possible target for the attack then it'll do full damage.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Dunno if this is the best place, but:

Does the current gender ratio apply to RBY poketransporter? Trying to get a male vulpix and 0/10 so far. Bad luck? Or is it a different ratio?

kinvara

pokemon legend
I can confirm that the MAX LEVEL in the festival plaza is a staggering number 999 that is the max level good luck getting there people

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I can confirm that the MAX LEVEL in the festival plaza is a staggering number 999 that is the max level good luck getting there people

lvl 999 was to be expected. even held items max out there too though i always did wonder if they'd allow 9999 as a max level. though i know atleast 1 member here is nearly halfway to 999 already. i might aim for 999 some time later on but i got other things to distract me for the time being.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Another question: Looking at the stats for the Alola Friendly, it doesn't seem to have counted when I defeated a Garchomp using Twinkle Tackle on Mismagius, nor a Kangaskhan via Togedemaru's Fell Stinger. Is it because these were such rare instances they're excluded from the list of moves used to defeat Pokémon?

Dunno if this is the best place, but:

Does the current gender ratio apply to RBY poketransporter? Trying to get a male vulpix and 0/10 so far. Bad luck? Or is it a different ratio?

Sounds like bad luck. Vulpix has a 75% chance of being female though.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
How long does it usually take to get our participation rewards for these online tournaments? I've been waiting to redeem the BP for another Mega Stone. One I use in battles a lot

Hi, sorry I know it's just been released but was wondering if anyone knows the number of boxes we get for storing Pokemon, I want to transfer my living Dex, thank you to whoever answers :)
The maximum number of boxes for Pokemon is 32. You start out with 8, when those 8 are full, it increases to 16, once those 16 are all full, it increases to 24, and if you fill all of THOSE, you get 32.
Since you can fit 30 Pokemon in one box, 32 x 30 = 960, and 960 > 802, which 802 is the NEW number of Pokemon in the National dex. So if you had the entire national dex, you could fit it in the new game (Pokemon Sun or Moon).

Does sun and moon have someplace we can check to see how many times we have encountered a certain pokemon? I'm just curious about how many eggs I have hatched on my current target.

And I saw someone post that somewhere in Festival Plaza they were able to see how many wonder trades they have done?

Satoshi & Touko

Does sun and moon have someplace we can check to see how many times we have encountered a certain pokemon? I'm just curious about how many eggs I have hatched on my current target.

And I saw someone post that somewhere in Festival Plaza they were able to see how many wonder trades they have done?

To answer your first question, I don't think so.

For the second, there's only two ways to find that out. One way is to look at someone else's game and look for that information by trying to find your character on the other game's Guest or VIP list. The other way is to find a guest in your Festival Plaza that says "Battle! Battle!", click on them, and if one of the three records you could battle with is Wonder Trades, select "Check Your Record" and you'll find out how many Wonder Trades you have done.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony

The only way you can tell, in both instances, is to find a guest in Festival Plaza who says "Battle! Battle!" and hope one of the options is "Number of Eggs Hatched" (but that's the total, not any specific Pokémon) or "Number of Wonder Trades."

nel3

Crimson Dragon
what happens if you get the minimum number of GTS trades in this mission after the 1mil mark has been passed? curently its 1.47mil GTS trades. i didnt make much effort to put the GTS trades in before 1mil trades for various reasons. i got a bunch of HA sentret i plan to send out to GTS mostly for the BP and to get all language trapinch.

i got a PGL acct now but it seems like there are issues with the site to login. apparently they need to verify my member info.

also. is there a way to get those traded pkmn from GTS into 1 certain box? they keep clogging up my first few boxes where i put the most used/important pkmn. if i remember correctly in gen6 i was able to have box 15 open in game then drop to GTS and have the traded pkmn go there. can i do that in gen7?

Last edited: