• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
also. is there a way to get those traded pkmn from GTS into 1 certain box? they keep clogging up my first few boxes where i put the most used/important pkmn. if i remember correctly in gen6 i was able to have box 15 open in game then drop to GTS and have the traded pkmn go there. can i do that in gen7?

I think with some of the previous generation games, the box that Pokemon would be sent to would be the last box that you used. As of today, I don't think anything like that happens, nor can you designate which box a Pokemon goes to. You'd have to manually put each one into a certain box.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I think with some of the previous generation games, the box that Pokemon would be sent to would be the last box that you used. As of today, I don't think anything like that happens, nor can you designate which box a Pokemon goes to. You'd have to manually put each one into a certain box.

thanks, i thought they did change that in gen7. i'll just need to keep my party on hand with a few open spots when going to GTS. still it would've been nice if they left the gen6 box priority in GTS trades but i can get used to it...

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Sounds like bad luck. Vulpix has a 75% chance of being female though.

I dunno anymore... I'm now at 0/25 male vulpix. I KNOW the bank does not use the IV to calculate gender as it did in GSC, as per research, but this 'random' gender seems weird. I think transporter has new gender rations for anything not 50/50. Are maybe all 75% gender ratios now just 100% when transported? Does anyone have a female Machamp/chop/choke from RBY? Female Arcanine/Growlithe? Female Abra/Dabra/Zam?

Edit: finally. 1/30 male vulpix...wow that's the worst luck I've ever seen...

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is it just me or does anyone else have issues logging into PGL to register their game sync codes? the login button isnt working for me either, apparently others are having issues.\

Edit: i somehow got thru and sync'd the game. will that make the friend ball available if the 2mil target is reached?

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
is it just me or does anyone else have issues logging into PGL to register their game sync codes? the login button isnt working for me either, apparently others are having issues.\

Edit: i somehow got thru and sync'd the game. will that make the friend ball available if the 2mil target is reached?

Last time I looked it was at 1.6 million trades so it's safe to say we'll definitely reach the second target.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
2 questions...

Can eggs be sent from Bank from gen 6 to gen 7?

Is there a list somewhere with all the pokémon who's base stats changed from gen 6 to 7?

shadier

can someone please tell me how to use the National Pokedex using the new pokemon bank update? I can't find it anywhere :(

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Last time I looked it was at 1.6 million trades so it's safe to say we'll definitely reach the second target.

im not worried about missing the target, i put in close to 30 GTS trades. im just wondering what i'll get when the mission is over. i did sign up before the 1mil mark but only had 2 GTS trades and hit 30GTS trades at 1.5mil mark. i should be able to get the ball but im not sure about the FC reward.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
im not worried about missing the target, i put in close to 30 GTS trades. im just wondering what i'll get when the mission is over. i did sign up before the 1mil mark but only had 2 GTS trades and hit 30GTS trades at 1.5mil mark. i should be able to get the ball but im not sure about the FC reward.

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get the FC reward. If you are signed up for the mission, you should be able to get all rewards I think. If not, that'd just be stupid imo.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I don't see any reason why you wouldn't get the FC reward. If you are signed up for the mission, you should be able to get all rewards I think. If not, that'd just be stupid imo.

thanks, either way i dont mind the FC reward, i got 12k FCs at the moment. the friend ball is more important. i just hope we dont skip too many level upgrades with the bonus. i stil havent gotten my 10million$ late fee statement from the 5* stall yet:(. so far ive turned down 3 5* Kanto tent offers from sophicles :(.

BCVM22

can someone please tell me how to use the National Pokedex using the new pokemon bank update? I can't find it anywhere :(

While using Bank and browsing any box with any Generation VI or VII game, select Pokédex from the Menu button. Bank will automatically scan and register the caught/seen data from whatever game you're using at the time.

Repeat with all of your Generation VI and Generation VII games.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
To my knowledge, yes, eggs can be transferred over, considering you can deposit them into Pokémon Bank. As for base stat changes, this site has a list: http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/updatedstats.shtml
Well now there's the option to bank eggs to meet the stuck up iv judges criteria for checking iv. Seriously SM is a disappointment with its lack of super training, having to get all items again, potentially rebreeding because if its anything like last gen now the gen 6 'mons won't be eligible for official tournies except once in a blue moon, legit way of instaperfecting ivs yet having to prove ones self to the stupid iv judge >.>

Weird woobat got buffed but swoobat didn't. Fine by me though.

SWMegaFan

Can anyone here help me with an issue I'm having on Battle Spot for Pokemon Sun and Moon? I've been getting the message "there is a problem with one or more of your Pokemon" in many instances when I try to do the Free Battle and choose the "allow special Pokemon" option. I want to use my Pokemon from X/Y and ORAS, including my Legendary and Mythical Pokemon from those games, but almost every time that I want to use a Legendary or a Mythical, I keep getting that message. I know doesn't have to do with a banned item because the error message I would get from that is "the following Pokemon are holding a banned item". I've tried Googling to see if I can get a better understanding of the situation but so far I'm coming up empty-handed. So, I've turned to here to see if someone can help me out.

Like I mentioned, I'm having this issue when I choose Free Battle and choose the "allow special Pokemon" option, Maybe this error message has to do with certain moves that are banned or something...

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Can anyone here help me with an issue I'm having on Battle Spot for Pokemon Sun and Moon? I've been getting the message "there is a problem with one or more of your Pokemon" in many instances when I try to do the Free Battle and choose the "allow special Pokemon" option. I want to use my Pokemon from X/Y and ORAS, including my Legendary and Mythical Pokemon from those games, but almost every time that I want to use a Legendary or a Mythical, I keep getting that message. I know doesn't have to do with a banned item because the error message I would get from that is "the following Pokemon are holding a banned item". I've tried Googling to see if I can get a better understanding of the situation but so far I'm coming up empty-handed. So, I've turned to here to see if someone can help me out.

Like I mentioned, I'm having this issue when I choose Free Battle and choose the "allow special Pokemon" option, Maybe this error message has to do with certain moves that are banned or something...
not everything transferred through Bank to Sun and Moon is legal in battles. There are a lot of issues with the legality checkers in Sun and Moon.

SWMegaFan

not everything transferred through Bank to Sun and Moon is legal in battles. There are a lot of issues with the legality checkers in Sun and Moon.

I see. Is it mostly just moves that this is based out of and/or is it specific Pokemon as well? Do you think there will be an update to this in the future so that things that were previously considered illegal will be legal again?

I'm curious if you have a link to some webpage that has been keeping track of this (kind of like a running list of things that state what is and what isn't legal in Battle Spot, particularly in Free Battle).

nel3

Crimson Dragon
are there any suggestions on a minior set? i got this green core which id like to train/breed for the fun of it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
are there any suggestions on a minior set? i got this green core which id like to train/breed for the fun of it.

How about a Chesto-Rest set, something like this? I haven't tried Minior yet, but I think this could work:

Minior @ Chesto Berry
-Shell Smash
-Rest
-Stone Edge
-Acrobatics

First use Shell Smash until your health gets low enough to change to your core form (can't use Rest in Meteor form). Then rest back to full health and consume Chesto Berry. From there, try to sweep. The main danger is your resting turn, as you'll be in core form there with reduced defences.

An alternative variation that's a bit more offensive is also possible:

Minior @ White Herb
-Shell Smash
-Stone Edge
-Acrobatics
-Explosion

White Herb activates when you use Shell Smash, restoring your defences. This also allows you to utilise powerful STAB Acrobatics.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
How about a Chesto-Rest set, something like this? I haven't tried Minior yet, but I think this could work:

Minior @ Chesto Berry
-Shell Smash
-Rest
-Stone Edge
-Acrobatics

First use Shell Smash until your health gets low enough to change to your core form (can't use Rest in Meteor form). Then rest back to full health and consume Chesto Berry. From there, try to sweep. The main danger is your resting turn, as you'll be in core form there with reduced defences.

An alternative variation that's a bit more offensive is also possible:

Minior @ White Herb
-Shell Smash
-Stone Edge
-Acrobatics
-Explosion

White Herb activates when you use Shell Smash, restoring your defences. This also allows you to utilise powerful STAB Acrobatics.

thank you very much for the options on minior. is it also a glass cannon EV set ie full Speed/ATK? if im going to participate in the competitions for the mega stones, sadly Gardevoir and Gliscor wont be able to make it. i will breed a 5IV rockruff and minior set. it may not be the best synergy but i will have a legit team for the competition. the current green core i have has 2 fantastic IVs in HP/atk, the rest are pretty bad so a bred one is preferable. sadly there isnt any suitable fairy replacement for Gardevoir as tapu lele's psychic terrain does hinder my priority moves but i do plan to run my starter primarina.