• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

hi guys. i want to another question. the sos battles. two wild pokemon on area. if single pokemon was in arena. how to i can pass my turn. example. two enemy pokemon . i kill one of them.one left. but i want still waiting another to comes ally pokemons. beause i want good iv. pokemons. when one poke left . i m waiting another pokemon. what can i do . unusefull moves ? ( moves pp is lower once attack ) how to i can pass my turn. another switch pokemon another switch pokemon. or another use item . another use items. thanks a lot

Select the adrenaline orb while one is in effect (buy multiple). It should fail without disappearing.

Oh, but I must mention. Don't double post.

ugurkib

EXAMPLE i want dont atack on enemy. only i want atack 2 are in the arena. what should i do ? use items potions 200 c . use moves drops pp . switch pokemon . what can i fail my turn

Edit : i removedi. and deleted. sory guys.

Edit: my english is bad . i cant tell you in my mind . sory guys. du u understand me ? when kill one them my training finish. i dont want kill one pokemon. how can i fail my turn witohut .

Last edited:

Hasty

Moonside
EXAMPLE i want dont atack on enemy. only i want atack 2 are in the arena. what should i do ? use items potions 200 c . use moves drops pp . switch pokemon . what can i fail my turn

Edit : i removedi. and deleted. sory guys.

As said by Nerdy McNerdface above, you could use another Adrenaline Orb after using an Adrenaline Orb. That will make the second Adrenaline Orb fail and your turn will pass without the item disappearing. That works with all items (I think). If any Pokemon in your party is healthy you can also use Potions or Antidotes/Paralyze Heals/etc on them without the item disappearing.

kinvara

pokemon legend
if any one needs their eggs hatched my shiny egg number on my moon game is 2362 and on my sun game the number is 0873 also how do I find out what number I need to hatch a shiny pokemon for myself its been so long that I cant remember

Last edited:

AlolaSherwood

Lost Wayfinder
Not sure if this is the thread to ask but, what does is mean if my game isn't even trying to connect to Game Sync?

It just instantly says Game Sync failed.

Edit: Oh. Maintenance.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im currently doing a salandit shiny SOS hunt. i got a male cute charm sylveon in first position. do i need to have sylveon as an active battler after the chain is started or can i switch to mu usual snorlax for chaining?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
im currently doing a salandit shiny SOS hunt. i got a male cute charm sylveon in first position. do i need to have sylveon as an active battler after the chain is started or can i switch to mu usual snorlax for chaining?

I'm assuming it's the same as for Synchronise, but I don't really know yet how that works. I've been SOS chaining Ditto trying to get a 4IV Jolly one and I've caught 5 or so already, none of which were Jolly. And that's with Jolly Synchronise Kadabra in the lead and as an active pokémon. I'm starting to believe that even switching to something else during the chain and then later switching back before another spawn already messes things up. But it's difficult to know for sure, might just be bad luck, and the internet is full of bs on these details.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm assuming it's the same as for Synchronise, but I don't really know yet how that works. I've been SOS chaining Ditto trying to get a 4IV Jolly one and I've caught 5 or so already, none of which were Jolly. And that's with Jolly Synchronise Kadabra in the lead and as an active pokémon. I'm starting to believe that even switching to something else during the chain and then later switching back before another spawn already messes things up. But it's difficult to know for sure, might just be bad luck, and the internet is full of bs on these details.

thats true, not enough is known about the exact details for the time being, i did a chain that nearly 70-80 call long and i did bring in the snorlax for the hold back. i have moon blast, psyshock, yawn, wish on sylveon but no high pp stat move to spam or bring the hp down on them. i wasnt lucky for a shiny but i did find a HA female though the ability wasnt the best one. sure it can work for a swagger combo (or SPA variant move of it) but corrosion is so much better. i was able to get a whole bunch of female salandit called out though i dont have snorlax out on the field for a big amount of turns.

gliscor&yanmega

I've just gotten a second hand copy of Moon. Outside of Kurt Balls what items should I trade over to Sun? I'll putting every one in to bank bar one.
Whatever you want. But I guess other items you get only one of or are difficult to get, so Trade Items. Held Items if you want to make multiple teams and not bother switching items. Keep in mind bank doesn't allow Pokemon to hold items, so you'll have to use GTS/Link(If you have a second DS).

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Whatever you want. But I guess other items you get only one of or are difficult to get, so Trade Items. Held Items if you want to make multiple teams and not bother switching items. Keep in mind bank doesn't allow Pokemon to hold items, so you'll have to use GTS/Link(If you have a second DS).

Yeah. I was running under the assumption that I couldn't store items in the bank, and I've had three 3DSes for over 2 years now.

I'm wondering what items I'd sticking on the Trade Pokémon. The game is halfway complete, but I'd plan to restart it for various reasons.

(I've been doing this since Gen 4. I got Bank RS early on during my Gen 3 Days so I could store with ease, even with RS's Limited Box controls..)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
so i signed up for the battle competition, what steps do i need do ingame to finalize the participation?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Just need to obtain your digital ID for the competition in game- info can be found here https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/support/guide/competition/

(After the Mega stones too? This is the first competition I've entered as well :) )

thank you for the reply. i got the team selected don think i'll get too far with it but i'll see what damage i can do. i want the mega stones as trade items, dont particularly care about the 2 chosen stones but im just waiting for the future competitions to offer the wanted stones. im hoping for Aggron, T-tar and Gardevoir stones, the current alolan obtainables aside from Lucario are no use to me as i dont run those megas.

the current competition isnt the best that i wouldve joined as half my team normal team is locked out due to being non-Alolan or just gen6 pkmn. i still have fun battling so i'll see how far i get.

btw i just locked down a team for the competition, the Flygon on the team is a good battle IV pkmn but i do have a shiny one i got from GTS that id like to put on the team or future competitions. its missing the atk IV but all others are perfect with good ball and nature. i need to lvl 100 it to bottle cap the ATK IVs but its still lvl 59.

Last edited:

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
thank you for the reply. i got the team selected don think i'll get too far with it but i'll see what damage i can do. i want the mega stones as trade items, dont particularly care about the 2 chosen stones but im just waiting for the future competitions to offer the wanted stones. im hoping for Aggron, T-tar and Gardevoir stones, the current alolan obtainables aside from Lucario are no use to me as i dont run those megas.

the current competition isnt the best that i wouldve joined as half my team normal team is locked out due to being non-Alolan or just gen6 pkmn. i still have fun battling so i'll see how far i get.

btw i just locked down a team for the competition, the Flygon on the team is a good battle IV pkmn but i do have a shiny one i got from GTS that id like to put on the team or future competitions. its missing the atk IV but all others are perfect with good ball and nature. i need to lvl 100 it to bottle cap the ATK IVs but its still lvl 59.

Yeah, hopefully they open up the competition soon to at least Gen 6 pokemon- since the Pentagon Mark appears to be a legitimacy checker still since it's included on the summary screen. From the reactions I've seen elsewhere and from friends I think the appeal of Mega Stones has increased the number of entrants compared to previous competitions of late. So if your team can hold it's own it should be able to do quite nicely through such a large field of entrants.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yeah, hopefully they open up the competition soon to at least Gen 6 pokemon- since the Pentagon Mark appears to be a legitimacy checker still since it's included on the summary screen. From the reactions I've seen elsewhere and from friends I think the appeal of Mega Stones has increased the number of entrants compared to previous competitions of late. So if your team can hold it's own it should be able to do quite nicely through such a large field of entrants.

thats just my problem, i dont use the top of the line pkmn or any common VGC pkmn. i cant have fun playing OU/uber pkmn, i prefer UU and lower with some OU pkmn. even my normal team is outcalssed in a true battle. it dont mean that M-gardevoir just caused lots of trouble for opponents in gen6 to knock it out but i held my own against some good teams and the unprepared opponents.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
thats just my problem, i dont use the top of the line pkmn or any common VGC pkmn. i cant have fun playing OU/uber pkmn, i prefer UU and lower with some OU pkmn. even my normal team is outcalssed in a true battle. it dont mean that M-gardevoir just caused lots of trouble for opponents in gen6 to knock it out but i held my own against some good teams and the unprepared opponents.

To be honest I don't use many pokemon considered OU myself, but I just breed them well and utilize a whole team strategy. Still had some great battles where I've taken out a team of ubers without a single loss. Playing with pokemon not considered top tier opts for a lot of mind games and prediction (Not simply stalling) which I love. Current metagame is still quiet fresh due to the pokemon bank, so I think any strategies in this upcoming competition are on the table

nel3

Crimson Dragon
To be honest I don't use many pokemon considered OU myself, but I just breed them well and utilize a whole team strategy. Still had some great battles where I've taken out a team of ubers without a single loss. Playing with pokemon not considered top tier opts for a lot of mind games and prediction (Not simply stalling) which I love. Current metagame is still quiet fresh due to the pokemon bank, so I think any strategies in this upcoming competition are on the table

yeah, i was using a VGC14 set on M-Gardevoir and it just tossed aside all mewtwo variants like a Machamp tossing pebbles. that M-Garde was my VIP but atleast i can still use Gardevoir in sun. i love the niche/counter sets and running gimmicks ie HA Fetch'd in battles (very funny results:) ). M-Garde, Gliscor are my 2 main OU pkmn the rest are listed lower.

Eeveon1316

Well, looks like what I was gonna ask is right at the top of the page here. So, they don't just need to be Alola Dex, but also bred in Alola with the clover mark? That's very frustrating. I bred so many Pokémon in Gen 6 and now none of them can be used in competitions? Guess I'll be playing with my in-game team in this one to get the Mega Stones.

Seems so pointless for them to block Gen 6 in the name of legitimacy. I'd imagine Gen 7 hacks are probably already out there. The developers have put plenty of features into the game to give legitimate players a chance to stand on even ground with the hackers. As long as they don't have IV's over 31 or something ridiculous that literally can't be obtained in the game, then I say let them play and stop throwing out legit Pokémon every generation just for the ostensible sake of preventing hacks for five minutes until the hackers figure out a new way to do it. I wouldn't have sunk quite so much time into breeding in Gen 6 if I'd known they were all going to become unusable in Gen 7.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Well, looks like what I was gonna ask is right at the top of the page here. So, they don't just need to be Alola Dex, but also bred in Alola with the clover mark? That's very frustrating. I bred so many Pokémon in Gen 6 and now none of them can be used in competitions? Guess I'll be playing with my in-game team in this one to get the Mega Stones.

Seems so pointless for them to block Gen 6 in the name of legitimacy. I'd imagine Gen 7 hacks are probably already out there. The developers have put plenty of features into the game to give legitimate players a chance to stand on even ground with the hackers. As long as they don't have IV's over 31 or something ridiculous that literally can't be obtained in the game, then I say let them play and stop throwing out legit Pokémon every generation just for the ostensible sake of preventing hacks for five minutes until the hackers figure out a new way to do it. I wouldn't have sunk quite so much time into breeding in Gen 6 if I'd known they were all going to become unusable in Gen 7.

i do believe they listed only pkmn with the dex #s from 1->301 can be used in the battles.

from the PGL site
Eligible Pokémon are restricted to those that were caught, traded, hatched from Eggs, or received as a Mystery Gift in Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Each Pokémon must have a black clover symbol on its Summary page. Players may use only Pokémon from the Alola Pokédex. Only the Alola form of Pokémon with regional variants can be used.

though i do agree that excluding gen6 pkmn and those that appear in national dex but not alolan is rather frustrating. i can get over that fact if the non alolan dex pkmn must be bred in gen7 to be used in battle. heck i just want to use the pkmn i like and half my team isnt in alolan dex or is gen6 special moves.

Last edited: