• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Toastymost

Can anyone help me? I have completely forgotten where the guy is who asked me to find rockruff... I've been looking everywhere. Can someone refresh my memory?

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
Hello. Is anybody playing SM on a 2DS? I want to know if there are any major performance issues. I heard that Double and Multi battles in SM are actually worse than Triple/Rotation battles in XY/ORAS!!! Is this true?

What about Battle Royal battles?

Also, how long are the black screens when starting a battle/after a battle ends/when entering a building? Are they much longer on the 2DS?

Please tell me, (a video would also be appreciated if possible...)

I have a 2DS, but have not done a doubles/triples fight.

Other than that though, I have not noticed any real issue. Have not done a side-by-side comparison either, but if there is lag it's unnoticeable to me.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Does anyone know how to get to Ten Carat Hill? I want to catch a Rockruff, but I can't seem to find Ten Carat Hill anywhere.

You need to beat Hala's Kahuna fight, get the Tauros ride and it's to the left of Kukui's lab! :)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Is there a way to fight Lana? I beat her trial but i thought there was a battle with her too

Talk to her twin sisters at her bedroom at Konikoni City. House north of Olivia's. If this isn't triggered after Lana's Trial, try returning after Olivia's Trial.

are there any other mega stones in the game besides those in battle tree?

I haven't found others besides those. So that's probably it.

Is their any thing like O-Powers in SM?

Nope. None.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
How many Mega Stones are missing?

Take a look at the Items section on the main site.
Scroll down to the Mega Stone section. If the Location is blank, then it's not found in the game.

Basically, Mega Stones of Pokemon not part of the Alola Dex are unobtainable.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Take a look at the Items section on the main site.
Scroll down to the Mega Stone section. If the Location is blank, then it's not found in the game.

Which definitely points to a third game of some sort. They wouldn't cut any of the Megas out, so it's more than likely the missing ones are saved for their third game.

Also, does anyone know where you can change your hairstyles? I hate the default one. :/

Stone Dragon

Which definitely points to a third game of some sort. They wouldn't cut any of the Megas out, so it's more than likely the missing ones are saved for their third game.

The stones for Pokémon which aren't catchable in Sun/Moon are missing. So maybe if Bank goes live in January you can get them somehow. :/

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Also, does anyone know where you can change your hairstyles? I hate the default one. :/

Hau'oli, Heahea, Konikoni and Malie cities have Salons.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Hi there,

Started playing both Sun/Moon for the first time.
Now how do I get 'Ash-Greninja' from the demo into the full game? :-/

On the demo version of the game, talk to professor kukui in the pokemon centre and he will give you the option to transfer greninja to the main game. Then you can talk to a man in the pokemon centre on your main game to get greninja. :)

Does anyone know when the berries respawn? Is it once a day? I'm trying to get Crabrawler and once again am having no luck.

TiredButAwake

Shiny Charm is obtained post-game, given by the Game Director at the GF Building at Heahea City after completing the Alola Pokédex.

There is no chaining in these games.

Yes there is. Its called ally chaining. I found it out by myself by lookimg it up.

Sorry.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Yes there is. Its called ally chaining. I found it out by myself by lookimg it up.

Sorry.

It's not necessarily chaining, it's more of like Dexnav, continuing the Ally 'chain' doesn't seem to boost odds, it just continues your streak really.

Novembre

No one has dyed clothes yet? I am still confusing about it. I have bought white shorts at Ekaeka and the NPC at the dying station (blue at level one and yellow at level three) tell me I have no clothing to dye. The clothes have to be just white or there are specefic clothes after Ekaeka for dying? Maybe I have to progress in the story? I am not out yet from Ekaeka.