• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

JigglyKirby

Hi there,

I'm a bit curious to see what the blinking yellow LED light on the bottom of my Z-Ring is for...
It's not mentioned in the instruction manual for some reason but I think it's to indicate a low battery level.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Hello. I just got the stoutland ride and is sniffing for hidden items, but I am not sure how to pick them up?

Press A when your on top of the item. You don't need to unmount Stoutland.

Can Magikarp & Goldeen call for feebas?
Still a little unclear on how all the slots work

Feebas is an incredibly low chance encounter (1%)

Someone needs to find out if there's only one nectar of each color !

All four nectars are available. Regenerates everyday.

Yellow Nectar - Melemele Meadow
Pink Nectar - Royal Avenue bushes
Red Nectar - Ula'ula Meadow
Purple Nectar - Poni Meadow

Is there any way to catch Pokemon with egg moves like we could in ORAS with the DexNav?

I believe there's none.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I believe there's none.

That sucks. Looks like I'm stuck waiting till PokeBank. Thanks for the help :)

Another question, I was reading an article regarding the Battle Tree and it mentioned you can scout trainers. Does this mean any trainer you defeat? It also mentions that you can't scout Battle Legends. It listed Wally and Cynthia as Battle Legends but the trailers showed you teaming up with them which means they can definitely be recruited. Can anyone confirm if all the returning characters can be recruited for Multi Battles?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
That sucks. Looks like I'm stuck waiting till PokeBank. Thanks for the help :)

Another question, I was reading an article regarding the Battle Tree and it mentioned you can scout trainers. Does this mean any trainer you defeat? It also mentions that you can't scout Battle Legends. It listed Wally and Cynthia as Battle Legends but the trailers showed you teaming up with them which means they can definitely be recruited. Can anyone confirm if all the returning characters can be recruited for Multi Battles?

I haven't bothered with the Battle Tree yet since I'm not strong enough. :/

pappy90

Hello lovely people, hoping someone can help me, because I am being driven insane at the moment.

How the heck do you battle and/or trade with friends in the Festival Plaza.

The Festival Plaza has groups of 30 or so random people around the world. But it seems to be impossible to find actual specific friends. I want to play with my brother who lives in another town and my girlfriend who lives overseas.

With XYORAS and the PSS it was very easy, you could do it via Friend Code.

But you cannot do it with Sun and Moon.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO IT? Or have Nintendo done this incredibly awful **** up?

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I think I'm in the right spot, can someone please tell me where I can get additional bean (aside from the café) for Pokémon Refresh? Also, doe anyone know how often you can get beans from the café? Like..is it just once, or once per day......Any info would be welcomed...Thank you!!

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Sorry

OMG If you figure it out PLEASE let me know!! I figured out wondertrade.... but cant figure out how to trade with people on your Friend Code list... I even checked out each game in the Festival Plaza, thinking maybe you had to unlock it in one of the booths, and I tried talking to all the people.. Got the VIP thing, but I think that it is only for people you "meet" during like wondertrades...

Hello lovely people, hoping someone can help me, because I am being driven insane at the moment.

The Festival Plaza has groups of 30 or so random people around the world. But it seems to be impossible to find actual specific friends. I want to play with my brother who lives in another town and my girlfriend who lives overseas.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO IT? Or have Nintendo done this incredibly awful **** up?

Sorry for the double post, I didn't anticipate responding to another persons comment, and haven't figured out how to go back and combine two posts!!

Last edited:

R_N

Feebas is an incredibly low chance encounter (1%)

Are you referring to the SOS call (in which case, yes, magikarp can summon feebas given enough time & patience) or the encounter rate (which I'm aware of and is 5% if in a bubling spot)

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Can you get more than ne Lucky egg?

Wild Chanseys. But Chansey itself is a rare encounter, and it being an SOS-only Pokemon, getting another Lucky Egg will be a pain...

I think I'm in the right spot, can someone please tell me where I can get additional bean (aside from the café) for Pokémon Refresh? Also, doe anyone know how often you can get beans from the café? Like..is it just once, or once per day......Any info would be welcomed...Thank you!!

You can harvest PokeBeans at PokePelago's Isle Abeens.
PokePelago is unlocked after Kiawe's trial.

Are you referring to the SOS call (in which case, yes, magikarp can summon feebas given enough time & patience) or the encounter rate (which I'm aware of and is 5% if in a bubling spot)

Feebas is a default encounter, just rare. It's not SOS-only.
I was incredibly lucky and encountered it on my first try fishing at a rippling spot.

Japandaman

I have evolved Munchlax into Snorlax but it says that the Snorlium is incompatible with him...why?? Can anyone help please? Is Snorlax supposed to have a certain move that he hasn't learned yet before I can assign the Snorlium to him?

pappy90

OMG If you figure it out PLEASE let me know!! I figured out wondertrade.... but cant figure out how to trade with people on your Friend Code list... I even checked out each game in the Festival Plaza, thinking maybe you had to unlock it in one of the booths, and I tried talking to all the people.. Got the VIP thing, but I think that it is only for people you "meet" during like wondertrades...

Sorry for the double post, I didn't anticipate responding to another persons comment, and haven't figured out how to go back and combine two posts!!

Seriously! I can't understand why more people aren't furious about this?!!?

BCVM22

Seriously! I can't understand why more people aren't furious about this?!!?

It's not nearly as difficult as people are making it out to be. A bit unintuitive, maybe.

- Make sure you and your friend are online at the same time - entering the Festival Plaza does not automatically take you online, you have to do it manually from the Festival Plaza using the blue button with the Wi-Fi symbol
- Once you're both online from the Festival Plaza, press Battle or Trade, and then Link Battle or Link Trade and then check your list of visitors - users who are on your friend list will be marked as such, and make sure you know your friend's player name, because that's how they'll be labeled
- From here, you can tap their name and then trade/battle

OR

- Prior to selecting your action, enter the center castle and have the woman at the back left desk page your friend, whom you can again select using the aforementioned list of users
- Your friend's avatar will show up, and from there, you can add them to the VIP list, making future linked play much easier to initiate

Can anyone further along in the game than I take my Charjabug to Vast Poni Canyon and level it up so it can evolve, and preferably teach it Thunderbolt using the TM as well? I would greatly appreciate it. Please DM me if you're able.

noctis-caelum

Hey guys, I need some help regarding the Festival Plaza shops.

I'm at plaza level 5. I've tried many facilities and I get the same message: "we can't provide any more of that today. Please come again tomorrow".
I was never able to purchase anything spending FC (all the items in every shop appear with a "--", instead of their respective FC cost).
Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I have evolved Munchlax into Snorlax but it says that the Snorlium is incompatible with him...why?? Can anyone help please? Is Snorlax supposed to have a certain move that he hasn't learned yet before I can assign the Snorlium to him?
Yeah, it needs to know Giga Impact.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I cant find the Grimer Cleaning game or the Battle Buffet in Hau'oli City

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Last edited:

pappy90

It's not nearly as difficult as people are making it out to be. A bit unintuitive, maybe.

- Make sure you and your friend are online at the same time - entering the Festival Plaza does not automatically take you online, you have to do it manually from the Festival Plaza using the blue button with the Wi-Fi symbol
- Once you're both online from the Festival Plaza, press Battle or Trade, and then Link Battle or Link Trade and then check your list of visitors - users who are on your friend list will be marked as such, and make sure you know your friend's player name, because that's how they'll be labeled
- From here, you can tap their name and then trade/battle

OR

- Prior to selecting your action, enter the center castle and have the woman at the back left desk page your friend, whom you can again select using the aforementioned list of users
- Your friend's avatar will show up, and from there, you can add them to the VIP list, making future linked play much easier to initiate

Can anyone further along in the game than I take my Charjabug to Vast Poni Canyon and level it up so it can evolve, and preferably teach it Thunderbolt using the TM as well? I would greatly appreciate it. Please DM me if you're able.

Okay, thank you. I will try this with my brother when we're both home later (but we live an hour away from each other).

When you say "check your list of visitors" - you are talking about 'Guest List', is that right?

When you say "users who are on your friend list will be marked as such" - are you talking about people you are mutual friend with in the Friend List (in the top bar of the DS home screen)? How are they "labeled", as you say?

I know that once they're listed as VIP it will work like clockwork. But at the moment it appears that there's only 60 or so people in the 'Guest List', all of them randoms from around the world. So is it just random chance/dumb luck that you and your friend, both online, will appear in each other's Guest List?

R_N

Feebas is a default encounter, just rare. It's not SOS-only.
I was incredibly lucky and encountered it on my first try fishing at a rippling spot.

my question remains then

can feebas be called through SOS encounters with Magikarp & Goldeen, or can only Feebas call other feebas.