• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Wait, but I thought there were no post-game areas besides the Battle Tree? Or was that just a misconception during when the game first leaked?

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Is Shelgon even available via SOS battles with Bagon? I seem to be getting nothing but Bagon and I've been looking for the past 3 hours or so.

goodpeople25

Wait, but I thought there were no post-game areas besides the Battle Tree? Or was that just a misconception during when the game first leaked?
Well technically everything there does ultimately lead to postgame stuff that was reported (battle tree and UB quest) but then that makes it makes even less sense when you think about it.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Does anyone know what the difference is between the full and condensed details on the Alolan sections of Pokéarth? I checked them out myself, but I don't get why there are multiple versions of the same pokémon at various percentages?

Also, sorry if this isn't the right thread, but I don't know where else to ask this.

rocky505

Is Shelgon even available via SOS battles with Bagon? I seem to be getting nothing but Bagon and I've been looking for the past 3 hours or so.

Are you in Route 3 or Kale'a Bay? Shelgon is only at Kale'a Bay.

DJStarstryker

Are the bouncy houses even worth taking up slots in my Festival Plaza? If they're maxed out, I see there's a course that, on Serebii's page, says it will "raise (x base stat) to its max". Will it truly give me the maximum amount of EVs in that stat? Or am I better off just manually EV training and using those shop slots for something else?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Can someone explain the serebii pokearth listings for pokemon? For example, where and how to catch pikachu? Thanks in advance. Also is there a listing in the in game pokedex that shows such information?

Pikachu are found on Route 1 and Hau'oli City, as an SOS-only encounter. Pichu can still be caught normally in those same areas.

SceptileFan

I AM RACCOON MAN
Does anyone know what the difference is between the full and condensed details on the Alolan sections of Pokéarth? I checked them out myself, but I don't get why there are multiple versions of the same pokémon at various percentages?

Also, sorry if this isn't the right thread, but I don't know where else to ask this.

I have a similar question. I understand that those are tables for SOS battles, and that when a Pokemon calls for it selects one of the additional slot rows. The SOS battle page states that the help will be from the same vertical slot as the Pokemon on the initial row, but if that's the case, why are there percentages on the additional encounter rows, if those Pokemon are only found when called for help? I also have the same question about the same Pokemon being on the same row with two different percentages totaling to the percentage given when full details are off.

TiredButAwake

How do i pass down pokerus? Is it not the same as in xy?

If i call in the explorers in pokemon pelago early do i still get good stuff or no?

How do i get shards? it says pelago but i cant seem to get any.

How does the iv system work on the pc? i dont seem to understand how i tell if theyre 5iv or what.

goodpeople25

By touching it, and then catching it without it wimping out, riding tauros should give you enough speed to reach it, though at least on route 8 you can also out maneuver it (approach it from the water by using lapras to go around that island here)

rocky505

How do I catch Wimpod? I know you are supposed to chase it, but how do you get into a battle with one?

Just run into it. Do not worry about damaging it. Just Paralyze it or put it to sleep and chuck Poke Balls at it. It will flee the battle if you hurt it too much.

PokeAJ

On call chaining if you get "its help didn't show up" does that break your chain? I've used an adrenaline orb but I'm still occasionally getting the help didn't show up message.

illucio

The Illusionist
I was trading on the GTS and my connection got disrupted, I had to close and re-open the game and it said I had to wait until I could go back onto the GTS. It's been 3 hours now, how much longer do I have to wait? This is ridiculous.

TiredButAwake

On call chaining if you get "its help didn't show up" does that break your chain? I've used an adrenaline orb but I'm still occasionally getting the help didn't show up message.

There is no chain so it doesnt break, theres just always a higher chance the ally pokemon will be shiny.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
"Registration failed"
Each time I try to register a VIP I get that. Am I doing something wrong? Just trying to unlock the Moon clothes on Sun