• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Wait, do you do the League during the main story, or post-game?

BCVM22

The Pokémon League is the culmination of the primary story. As soon as you win the battle that serves as the end of the story arc, your next destination geographically is the Tapu Village, the point from which your journey to the mountaintop begins.

goodpeople25

I have a question about zygarde. How exactly do I get a 10% zygarde with power construct? All the ones that i have made have turned into 50%
Main site seems to say to use your Zygarde cube.

They are post-story only. Return to the black sand beach after your victory and look for a pair of NPC trainers who weren't there originally. Be advised that as you enter the trail that takes you to the beach, you'll be challenged to a high level battle first.
Couldn't the poster skip that by flying to the ruins of hope?

Last edited:

Ishak

so if my team consist of Primarina/lycanroc/Espeon/Arcanine/Alolan Ninetales/Krookodile

will it be usefull in the story in terms of when they are catchable and how much story is left when the last pokemon is caught

BCVM22

so if my team consist of Primarina/lycanroc/Espeon/Arcanine/Alolan Ninetales/Krookodile

will it be usefull in the story in terms of when they are catchable and how much story is left when the last pokemon is caught

Popplio, Rockruff, Eevee, and Growlithe can all be obtained fairly early on. Alolan Vulpix and Sandile come in a little later, but I swapped in a Sandile (/Krokorok/Krookodile) as soon as it became available and with a little work, had no trouble getting it up to speed (about 7 levels) in a short amount of time. The wild Sandile are available in abundance (70% appearance rate), don't call for allies, and are all leveled Lv. 28-31, meaning that Crunch, Dig and evolution to Krokorok are all shortly at hand, if the Sandile doesn't have them already.

Couldn't the poster skip that by flying to the ruins of hope?

If you randomly decided to travel there previously, then yes, but the story gives you no reason to (the gate to the desert doesn't open until after the Ghost trial), so if you hadn't been there previously, there's no anchor to which you can Fly.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
If I'm playing Moon and I trade my Cosmoem to my friend who's playing Sun, and it evolves, will it evolve into a Solgaleo or will it still be a Lunala as it came from a Moon game?

BCVM22

It's dependent entirely on current game. Cosmoem will always evolve into Solgaleo in Sun and Lunala in Moon.

goodpeople25

Popplio, Rockruff, Eevee, and Growlithe can all be obtained fairly early on. Alolan Vulpix and Sandile come in a little later, but I swapped in a Sandile (/Krokorok/Krookodile) as soon as it became available and with a little work, had no trouble getting it up to speed (about 7 levels) in a short amount of time. The wild Sandile are available in abundance (70% appearance rate), don't call for allies, and are all leveled Lv. 28-31, meaning that Crunch, Dig and evolution to Krokorok are all shortly at hand, if the Sandile doesn't have them already.

If you randomly decided to travel there previously, then yes, but the story gives you no reason to (the gate to the desert doesn't open until after the Ghost trial), so if you hadn't been there previously, there's no anchor to which you can Fly.
Uh we were talking about Poni island to get to poni breaker coast with out fighting you know who, and you're forced to go to the ruin of hope as part of the story.

BCVM22

Then I'm telling you that there's no Fly anchor in the Ruins of Hope. So you can only get to the Poni coast from one direction.

TiredButAwake

Oh really? It seemed like everyone was saying it was chaining with the odds getting better.

Yeah it honestly sucks. I thought it was chaining at first as well but someone told me it wasnt.

Solgaleo Lunala

Hello I'm trying to get a female popplio with these natures ,Modest,Calm,Quiet,Sassy and Im curious what are the odds. Are the odds of getting a nature and gender you want better than getting a shiny or are they the same ?

TiredButAwake

Where do i get the metal coat

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Hello I'm trying to get a female popplio with these natures ,Modest,Calm,Quiet,Sassy and Im curious what are the odds. Are the odds of getting a nature and gender you want better than getting a shiny or are they the same ?
There are 25 natures, each of them just as likely obtainable. If you exclusively want one of these 4 natures, you have 4/25 chances of getting it once you get a female Popplio, which is about 16%.
So every reset, you have about 2% chances of having a female with one of these 4 natures, considering most of the Popplio you obtain will be male.
Where do i get the metal coat

It is held by wild Magnemite, Skarmory and Beldum, with a probabilty of 5%. I recommend going to Mount Hokulani with a Pokémon that has Compound Eyes as an ability (i.e: Butterfree), where both Skarmory and Beldum can be found (with Compoud Eyes in the front of your party, they will have 20% chances of holding a Metal Coat). Have a Pokémon use Theif on them.

Last edited:

Yogi Bear

King of Poke Games
Is there a way of checking whether or not you're missing a specific Zygarde Cell? I have gone up and down the list for every single one and I swear I have visited and confirmed getting every single one, but my Cube is telling me that I'm missing three of them.

The worst part of it is I know for a fact that I missed quite a few of them because the list actually did find me ones that I had plain missed (the 5 cores, all of the ones on Melemele, the one in Poni Meadow, and the three in Resolution Cave).

I believed I got all of the ones marked "Day," but that's a bit hard to confirm at the moment.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Does anyone know if the move relearner is in these games? I know the move deleter is in Hau'oli City so I was wondering where the move relearner is.
At the Pokémon Center in Mt. Lanakila.

TiredButAwake

Does anyone know if the move relearner is in these games? I know the move deleter is in Hau'oli City so I was wondering where the move relearner is.

Tapu village on ula ula island at the pokemon league pokecenter.

ShadowTriforce7

I have a similar question. I understand that those are tables for SOS battles, and that when a Pokemon calls for it selects one of the additional slot rows. The SOS battle page states that the help will be from the same vertical slot as the Pokemon on the initial row, but if that's the case, why are there percentages on the additional encounter rows, if those Pokemon are only found when called for help? I also have the same question about the same Pokemon being on the same row with two different percentages totaling to the percentage given when full details are off.

Anyone know about this? I have the exact same question and I've been trying to figure it out all day.

Last edited: