• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I remember when some of those news sites played the game back in October that trainers on routes eventually "reset" and will allow you to fight them again. How long does it take for them to "reset"?

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I'm at the Shady House, but there is a grunt that won't let me meet with Guzma. I did the secret passwords right. Is there something else I am missing?

smokeydog

I'm at the Shady House, but there is a grunt that won't let me meet with Guzma. I did the secret passwords right. Is there something else I am missing?

After you give the right answers, you are suppose to said "No!" because the clue that was in kitchen told you to do so.

Does anyone know if a certain pokemon SOS Happiny? I havent got one in 2 hours of hunting.

Levantine

I made an account here to talk about the Festival Plaza bug, and I honestly feel it needs its own sticky thread for a while if there's not one already - a lot of people are very confused.

It is correct that you have to leave the plaza, disconnect from the internet and then re-enter the plaza to add people. The explanation is that the Plaza has a list of 100 people, 50 for VIP and 50 for local storage. When you connect to the internet the local 50 update without changing the avatars you find around the Plaza. Basically when you connect it's wiping the contact info (online ID) of the 50 guests, that means when you leave the plaza and enter again all the new 50 saved locally will appear. Again, if you connect to the internet those 50 will be wiped and you'll have to re-enter again.

I don't know if it's working as intended or a bug, but if they fix it the solution would be that the Plaza will reload when you connect. That would make it a hell of a lot easier for when you want to add people AND participate in missions.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
After you give the right answers, you are suppose to said "No!" because the clue that was in kitchen told you to do so.
Oh. Haha Thanks! xD

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does anyone know if a certain pokemon SOS Happiny? I havent got one in 2 hours of hunting.

That Pokémon is Bonsly. It's still pretty rare though.

Additional question to anyone who knows: I want to catch Dhelmise, but I can't find anywhere to fish in Seafolk Village. Where do you fish?

P.S. Nevermind, found it. It's on the balcony of the Steelix-themed boat.

Last edited:

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I want to grind before summoning Lunala and going to Ultra Space, since Lusumine is supposed to be hard. My team is:

Torracat lv. 49 @ Firuim
Bold, Blaze
-Shadow Claw
-Flamethrower
-Fire Fang
-Bite

Lucanroc Midnight lv. 46 @ Rockium
Lonely, Keen Eye
-Rock Slide
-Rock Throw
-Rock Climb
-Crunch

Salazzle lv. 46 @ Amulet Coin
Gentle, Corrosion
-Flamethrower
-Flame Burst
-Venoshock
-Toxic

Mudsdale lv. 46 @ Groundium
Hardy, Own Tempo
-High Horsepower
-Rock Tomb
-Bulldoze
-Double Kick

Palossand lv. 46 @ Spell Tag
Lonely, Water Compaction
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Giga Drain
-Bulldoze

Morelull lv. 46 @ Fairium
Lax, Illuminate
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Moonblast
-Grass Knot

I need grind spots, and if anyone has suggestions for moves or new party members I should catch/add, please let me know. Thanks in advance~

KalosChampion

I'm doing the UB side quest in the post game. I already found Nihlego and Buzzwole and battled Mina but I forgot where it said to go next haha...

Serenna

Has anyone managed to get HA versions of any of the Weather S.O.S. Battle Pokemon so far? I wanted to make sure it is possible before trying it again to get a HA Goomy.

Ajduk

Please try to answer without spoilers

Will I have time to save before encountering legendary pokemon and Ultra Beasts so that I can SR for nature or will the game catch me off guard (like, you enter an area and all of a sudden BAM! event with no pause to save and a legendary pokemon encounter)?

I'll play the game only once so I don't want to miss my opportunity for catching competitive legendaries and Ultra Beasts.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Please try to answer without spoilers

Will I have time to save before encountering legendary pokemon and Ultra Beasts so that I can SR for nature or will the game catch me off guard (like, you enter an area and all of a sudden BAM! event with no pause to save and a legendary pokemon encounter)?

I'll play the game only once so I don't want to miss my opportunity for catching competitive legendaries and Ultra Beasts.

Yes you will.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I have a question about SOS chaining and catching Pokemon. I've been EV training my Zygarde on Yungoos in route 1. I don't have any of the Power items yet so obviously it's a much longer and drawn out process than in gen 6, and I kept my chain going for about 2 hours. And then a shiny Yungoos showed up! I guess I could have kept the chain going by keeping the shiny as the caller, but I didn't want to risk it so I caught it. But I just wanted to confirm, will I still get 2 Attack EVs from catching the shiny Yungoos since you get experience from catching Pokemon? Just so I have my EV calculations straight and I'm keeping track of them correctly. Thanks!