• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

BlitzGirl41

Anyone know where you can get more pokébeans? I keep on running out and the 10 or so you can get daily at the pokémon centre don't keep up with how much my pokémon eat (especially now that I've got Munchlax through Mystery Gift, expecting that one to eat huge amounts). My pokémon are going to starve to death within a couple of days if this keeps up unless I spend a couple of days just collecting those beans without any battling, and I'm sure that's not really the point of the system. I'm still on the first island btw, just managed to defeat the Kahuna guy.

Use Poke Pelago, which you unlock fairly early in the game. The first Pelago island you start with gives you a certain amount of Beans a day. If you are able to upgrade it (need a certain number of Pokemon and Beans), you get more each day.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I've never seen any missions give more than 50. I don't think it's possible.

All you can do is play missions over and over and grind out those coins. I've found that the type matchup missions give the most coins, and are most reliable at doing so. If you can get 16 points, that will get you 5 stars in the individual score category. You may not be able to get 16 points if the game you're joining doesn't have enough time left (the closer to 3 minutes the better). The overall score category is hit and miss - it really depends on how many people are participating in the game. And, of course, you have no control over that.

This. However, the Inverse type-matchups, as well as a few others, offer up to 60 points per mission. But yeah, this post is the secret to getting that Festival Plaza rank up there.

How can I get the Moon exclusive colors for clothes in Sun and vice-versa?

First, raise your Festival Plaza rank to 10. Then you have access to being able to get the colors from the other version and this is done so by ordering it from the guests in your Festival Plaza that are wearing them. There is luck involved though. Once you click on a character that is wearing something you want, tell them that "Your outfit looks great!" They will randomly mention one of the items that they are wearing. You'll want to hope they mention the item you want. If they do, pay them the required amount of Festival coins to order it and voila! You now have that item. A bit complicated and luck-based, but this is how it's done.

Edit: Ninja'd. The post above might at least help out a little bit as well.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Hello~ ^^
I was checking my pokedex, And I found out that a shiny Vulpix was registered (not alolan form). I don't cheat and I didn't receive any shiny Vulpixes through trade. The only option left is the QR scanner. I scanned an alolan Vulpix a few days ago, So how does this work? does it register every data the upholder of the code has in the dex?

DJStarstryker

Is there a way you can force a particular clothing item suggestion when trying to order clothes from player characters in the Festival Plaza? I know you can force shop suggestions - the one that is at the top of your shop list is the one YOUR player character will suggest to others.

A person who is playing Moon wants the Gothorita shirt for his girl character. I bought it in Heahea (Sun version) but he doesn't have that in Heahea in his Moon version. I assume it's a Sun only shirt, but I don't know for sure since Serebii hasn't put girl clothes on the trainer customization page yet. I put it on my character, but my character keeps trying to suggest him other parts of the outfit for ordering.

Hello~ ^^
I was checking my pokedex, And I found out that a shiny Vulpix was registered (not alolan form). I don't cheat and I didn't receive any shiny Vulpixes through trade. The only option left is the QR scanner. I scanned an alolan Vulpix a few days ago, So how does this work? does it register every data the upholder of the code has in the dex?

All forms, to include gender forms, shinies, and Megas, can be registered in your Pokedex through QR codes. That is how it happened. You won't get the dex entry as registered/owned for purposes of the Pokedex entry text. It just counts as seen.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Take two:

Can someone please remind me where the Loto ID center is? :)

Edit: Never mind. I found it and won a Moomoo milk.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Where can you find a Metal Coat?

FireChick

Where can you buy Beach Hats? I've been seeing people in the Festival Plaza wearing them.

TiredButAwake

Do the merchandise in the Boutiques rotate daily, like they did in X & Y?
No.

Where can you find a Metal Coat?
On magneton, beldum, and skarmory.

Where can you buy Beach Hats? I've been seeing people in the Festival Plaza wearing them.

The mall in the first island you start at

In Pokémon Care, what does Enjoyment mean and what is it for?

Evolving eevee into sylveon. If you do this with other pokemon they can dodge attacks, stay alive with 1 hp, or heal the status conditions of themselves, etc. This does not apply to online battles.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So is there an easy way to farm King's Rock off Poliwhirl family? I only need Politoad to have a complete Dex, but stupidly only ONE is actually given to you for free.
Rather buy Mega stones than waste BP on a King's Rock

Akashin

So is there an easy way to farm King's Rock off Poliwhirl family? I only need Politoad to have a complete Dex, but stupidly only ONE is actually given to you for free.
Rather buy Mega stones than waste BP on a King's Rock

Rarity notwithstanding, wouldn't it be simpler to wait until night and try for getting Politoed to turn up in an SOS Battle? Other than that, Frisk/Thief and farming SOS Poliwhirl is probably the only other option you've got.

Dragonite Fan

The person to the right of the gate, beside the PC (there might be another person between them and the PC, I can't remember off the top of my head).

Thank you! Will try tommorow

cl94

Rarity notwithstanding, wouldn't it be simpler to wait until night and try for getting Politoed to turn up in an SOS Battle? Other than that, Frisk/Thief and farming SOS Poliwhirl is probably the only other option you've got.

Almost every Pokemon that evolves by trading is available either in the wild or through a NPC trade. There are a few exceptions, but Gengar, Scizor and Politoed are available in SOS battles, for example, while Golem can be obtained from an NPC.