• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Official Sun & Moon Help Thread

Anthea

How can I "trade dye shops"?

Apparently it is possible to let give someone a dye shop of your colour and receive their dye shop

DJStarstryker

Is fainting and giving Pokemon the bitter medicines still the only way to lower friendship? It seems like you can't use the Festival Plaza friendship foods on Pokemon that have maxed out friendship, but that's useful for getting rid of unwanted EVs.

Ryuken

Steel User
How do you get such a streak though? In single battles, my ingame team only lasts max 3 rounds. Sure they're not EV trained and all, but at least in previous battle facilities they lasted until the first chatelaine etc. Battle tree seems so much harder

Singles.
While doubles are easier, they take slightly more time too.
Always do the battle tree/maison with EV trained/IV bred pokemon, never with ingame pokemon.

Two questions:

1: is Motherbeast actually referred to by that name in-game? If not, why is it called that?
2: where is it implied that the original timeline was destroyed?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im pretty sure i just confirmed this but i can order color exclusive clothing from other the other version game. i got pkmn Sun + a female character so the green ruffled tank is not in my shops. i just ordered one from another female player/character (moon) on festival plaza and it worked :). i dont know if others have tested out the color exclusive clothing but it does work for me.

Akashin

Two questions:

1: is Motherbeast actually referred to by that name in-game? If not, why is it called that?
2: where is it implied that the original timeline was destroyed?

1. All I've found is that the theme for that battle apparently refers to Mother Beast. As for why she would be called that in that form, well, do you really have to ask? Seems pretty obvious to me.

2. This is the first I'm hearing of this. Care to elaborate?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
im pretty sure i just confirmed this but i can order color exclusive clothing from other the other version game. i got pkmn Sun + a female character so the green ruffled tank is not in my shops. i just ordered one from another female player/character (moon) on festival plaza and it worked :). i dont know if others have tested out the color exclusive clothing but it does work for me.

I've done it about 20 times now. It's luck based, but it can be a good way to get a clothing piece you want but can't get in your own version. I'd probably be utilizing it even more if I was playing Moon.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
How long on average does it take for HA Pokemon to show up in SOS battles? I almost have my 6IV Smeargle to use for breeding so I want to catch my first competitive Pokemon but it's HA is considerably better than its regular abilities IMO.

1. All I've found is that the theme for that battle apparently refers to Mother Beast. As for why she would be called that in that form, well, do you really have to ask? Seems pretty obvious to me.

2. This is the first I'm hearing of this. Care to elaborate?

People keep saying that Anabel escaped the original timeline because it was being destroyed. That's all I really hear.

Akashin

People keep saying that Anabel escaped the original timeline because it was being destroyed. That's all I really hear.

Huh, interesting. I haven't seen anything in-game to suggest that yet (though I'm not done the UB sidequest yet), and I can't really see how the Ultra Beasts have the capacity to destroy the world entirely in the first place. Do some good damage, sure, but beyond that?

Though I suppose the original timeline doesn't have Mega Rayquaza to come down in times of trouble (as I assume it would for a world-endangering threat even if that threat isn't the Primals). But it still has everything else non-Mega/Primal related.

Huh, interesting. I haven't seen anything in-game to suggest that yet (though I'm not done the UB sidequest yet), and I can't really see how the Ultra Beasts have the capacity to destroy the world entirely in the first place. Do some good damage, sure, but beyond that?

Though I suppose the original timeline doesn't have Mega Rayquaza to come down in times of trouble (as I assume it would for a world-endangering threat even if that threat isn't the Primals). But it still has everything else non-Mega/Primal related.

I think it's mentioned in several Pokedex entries and Wicke's descriptions of them about their capabilities to destroy. For example, Celesteela burning down forests and Guzzlord eating land and sea. Plus how Anabel apparently mentions protecting a tower... either this is what people go on for the speculation, or there is more evidence that I haven't found yet.

Akashin

I think it's mentioned in several Pokedex entries and Wicke's descriptions of them about their capabilities to destroy. For example, Celesteela burning down forests and Guzzlord eating land and sea. Plus how Anabel apparently mentions protecting a tower... either this is what people go on for the speculation, or there is more evidence that I haven't found yet.

Of course they have the capacity to destroy; that's why I said that they could probably do some good damage, and that's why they're a problem that you and the International Police have to take care of in the first place. But I can't see them being a global threat unless something happened and a significant invasion of Ultra Beasts occurred, far bigger than what we dealt with in-game.

DSDark

Breeder
Other then the battle tree where else can you battle Grimsley?

BCVM22

The game words this very confusingly, but I don't think Anabel is a dimension-hopper. Looker discusses two distinct individuals - his former International Police compatriot, who was from "another world," and who was used as a Faller in the ill-fated mission in the past, and Anabel who has her story going on and who went through an Ultra Wormhole, but is never said to have actually come from "another world," just that she still has Ultra Wormhole energy traces on her.

It's possible I'm misremembering, but that's what I got from Looker's dialogue.

R_N

Its people leaping to conclusions. I think the crux of hte problem was a few people read the text dump and assumed based on things like Looker/Nanu's backstory alongside Anabel. And since that was a big period where everyone was grabbing everything at face value, it just stuck. I'll just dump all this under a spoiler real quick
The beasts are destructive and at least one ultra beast (probably Guzzlord) appeared in Anabel's world, but there's nothing to say they invaded in force & devoured the original timeline anywhere. In fact, it's more likely that it's a similar situation to the Nihielgo appearence in the middle of the story: a hole temporarly opened, an ultra beast appeared and since its confused and probably scared it lashes out at the battle tower area before the hole reopens and sucks it (& anabel) through.

It's also worth noting that ultra beasts have shown up several times in the past in Alola alone. It's always implied to be temporary appearances (they explicitly didn't take care of the Guzzlord that appeared in the past and its different from the one we deal with). The ones that are the basis for the Looker post game are very unusual because of what Lusamine did: there's usually not this many all at once.

Considering they're manageable by a very small, but experienced team it would have to be a huge number of ultra beasts coming through which I just can't see without another lusamine x 2 disaster